"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

Hello BCV Experts! I am in the process of closing on my first DVC contract at AKL. Just waiting for the Membership email at this point. I'm hoping to book a trip this summer for my daughter's 17th bday. Her top wish would be to stay at Boardwalk or Beach Club so she and her friend can walk to Epcot/HS. I realize this will be a challenge. However, we are looking for a 2-bedroom. Would it still take a miracle? I'd like to manage expectations! Thank you!

we are looking for a 2-bedroom. Would it still take a miracle?

This summer will be rough to get at either BCV and BWV. We planned a pretty last minute trip over Father’s Day weekend, so I’ve been stalking availability. I’m guessing due to refurbishment issues, absolutely nothing has opened up at BWV. And BWV only has 2 bedroom lock offs, not dedicated, so you would need a studio plus 1 bedroom to open…

I have seen 1 bedroom at BCV become available, but not 2 bedroom for more than 2 nights. You may be able to grab a couple nights if you’re open to a split stay. Good luck!

I could be crazy or dumb (both possible) but are room requests for Villas not a thing any more? I swear when booking, there used to be an option but I haven't seen it for ages.

I could be crazy or dumb (both possible) but are room requests for Villas not a thing any more? I swear when booking, there used to be an option but I haven't seen it for ages.
Once you have your DVC reservation, you need to link it to your MDE account. Then, in MDE or the WDW site, you can do early check-in before you go and enter a request. You cannot do it on the DVC site. But the types of requests they allow now are very, very few. We usually call or chat with MS and have them enter our specific request - which may or may not be honored anyway! MS has access to notes for the reservation that we can't get to.

Once you have your DVC reservation, you need to link it to your MDE account. Then, in MDE or the WDW site, you can do early check-in before you go and enter a request. You cannot do it on the DVC site. But the types of requests they allow now are very, very few. We usually call or chat with MS and have them enter our specific request - which may or may not be honored anyway! MS has access to notes for the reservation that we can't get to.
Thanks. Makes perfect sense. We honestly haven't had any requests for years and know they aren't guaranteed. But our flights leave/arrive early so wanted to request an early check-in over anything else. 4pm check-in after being awake aince 2am is rough!🤣

Thanks. Makes perfect sense. We honestly haven't had any requests for years and know they aren't guaranteed. But our flights leave/arrive early so wanted to request an early check-in over anything else. 4pm check-in after being awake aince 2am is rough!🤣
I seem to recall the last time we did the online check-in, the earliest option for your arrival time was 4PM anyway. The official stance is check-in begins at 4PM, so they don't take requests for earlier. I could be mis-remembering, but I don't think so. I'd check-in at the front desk as soon as you can and ask. There are times they can get you into one of the rooms earlier that way.

Good luck, and hope you have a really nice trip!

You can chat/email/call MS and ask them to note on your reservation that you’d prefer the earliest available room in the category you booked. If you do online checkin, you might get a text or push notification that it’s ready before you get there, but if not, then when you arrive go to the front desk to let them know you’re there and would like the earliest available room.

You can chat/email/call MS and ask them to note on your reservation that you’d prefer the earliest available room in the category you booked. If you do online check-in, you might get a text or push notification that it’s ready before you get there, but if not, then when you arrive go to the front desk to let them know you’re there and would like the earliest available room.
I will def call MS. In recent years we've been arriving on a Thursday and the rooms weren't ready until 4:30 PM. We always stop by the front desk when we arrive in hope that our room gets ready quicker!:rotfl2:I'm guessing that there's a lot less people checking out on a Thursday so rooms opening up early are less likely.:confused3

I will def call MS. In recent years we've been arriving on a Thursday and the rooms weren't ready until 4:30 PM. We always stop by the front desk when we arrive in hope that our room gets ready quicker!:rotfl2:I'm guessing that there's a lot less people checking out on a Thursday so rooms opening up early are less likely.:confused3
We always go to the front desk upon arrival and we’ve had good luck getting into our room before 4pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter