*OFFICIAL* July 2010 Thread! It’s Hot. It’s Crowded. AND WE LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are driving down to New Orleans on Friday afternoon, checking into a hotel in Metairie for the night.

I told her we were staying here for the first night only and that we needed to get up very early on Saturday morning to drive into New Orleans, check into our new hotel, have beingets for breakfast and get to the zoo before it gets too hot.

We will instead be driving to the airport for an 8:20a.m. flight out. That is when she will get the "Scoop" on the real vacation!!!

Ursula, thanks for sharing and loved all your pics :) :)

It's really such a personal thing. People on here are really very mixed about it. I, personally, love it. My DH feels like yours. He really wasn't sure it was worth $50 for us to do it. However, it's something special that they may discontinue doing and then we'd never have the chance again, so It's a one time special thing for us :goodvibes

On today's agenda for us:
*It's our 3 Year Anniversary :goodvibes:goodvibes (but DH has to work) So.......some last minute shopping is on the schedule to get a few little odds and ends including now Frog Togg Chilly Pads :rotfl: I think I saw that Dick's Sporting Goods has them.
* Oh, and I forgot to post this! I got my shirt from Cassi on Etsy on Saturday. Thanks for the info, Nikki!! Here's my shirt!
MickeyTieDye.jpg

I was easily able to see the parade from the dessert party. After we checked in DH and DS left to go on some rides while I went to our table and chilled out. A coworker of mine is in the hospital so I called another coworker to get the scoop. While sitting at my table I was able to see and hear the parade! It was very enjoyable. ;) I am sure if you stood by the railing that was closest to Main St you would have an even better view. I can honestly say that the dessert party was totally worth the money and if I had the chance I would do it again. :thumbsup2 I didn't ask my husband his opinion. I didn't even tell my DH or DS that we were doing the party until the night before. I figured it was something I wanted to do - so we were doing it. Being the only girl in the family - I never get to do princess things so this was my little treat! :cutie:
The next day when we walked by the dessert party location my son said - look that's where we were last night for the dessets and fireworks. That was sooo cool! We are talking about going next year for a few days after our cruise (spring break) and my parents will be with us, I would absolutely book it again if offered. My mother would love it! :goodvibes
Hope this helps!
Debbie

Congratulations on your anniversary!! Thanks for your dessert party advice....still have ressie, but dh is pushing to cancel....I will give it a day or so and see how I feel. It's nice to know I have people here who can give their opinions on these things....it tough to make decisions without you all!!

Thanks for the support!!! She's been on the meds for 5 days now, and she's doing much better. All the meds should be done by the time we leave. The poor thing is allergic to flea bites. We had 2 years of drought in central Texas that ended last fall. I've since learned that flea eggs can lay dorment for a very long time, and we've been fighting the buggers for months now. She's on Comfortis, but the suckers still get her. She chews herself raw, and that leads to infection. She on the mend now though. :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo:

I am so happy to hear she is on the mend...it is just terrible to see an animal in pain or discomfort....Hugs to you both!

we leave in 2 days for the first week of our second vacation LOL

bought a brand new laptop a few days ago- i liked the 10 inch mini but everything was slow on it even sending out an email took ages - could also have been the internet connection but also there's now way to upload pics unless i had the cable which i forgot

the new one is a reg laptop and has tons of room to store pics

i'm not expecting to be online everyday since we'll have to pay for it this year (dvc members get it free when staying in dvc but we're not this year :( )

guess when we're taking a break from the heat we'll actually have to enjoy the resort pool or just rest instead of going online LOL

boy it sure isn't my parents vacation where they didn't have iphones, blackberries, laptops and internet to keep them busy

What is tired leg gel?! Sounds like a good idea for Disney!!!

Never heard of Tired Leg Gel, but I think I may want some!!!

It's a gel that you can get at Wal-Mart or K-Mart. It's sold in the section near the cosmetics that has all the body sprays, loufas, etc... I actually had a hard time finding it this year. I always get it at Wal-Mart, but this year finally found it at K-Mart. This is what it looks like:
http://www.neotericcosmetics.com/product-details.aspx?iid=115
It gets pretty tingly and 'warm' for a little while. I usually put it on before bed and then when I wake up in the AM my legs/feet feel GREAT :thumbsup2

After going to WDW three times in July, that forecast is what you're going to get. It is virtually the same every year and day, unless there happens to be a frontal storm, which will make the precipitation chance around 100%. It's just a regular thing.

I know, this happens every year. It's just hard to see it in front of your face :laughing: I guess we just pack the ponchos and cross our fingers. We've done a week of pouring rain before, and we can do it again. :thumbsup2 Sometimes I'd rather it be that way and then it's not as hot and it's definitely less crowded. Just maybe not POURING the whole day every day ;)

Congratulations on your anniversary!! Thanks for your dessert party advice....still have ressie, but dh is pushing to cancel....I will give it a day or so and see how I feel. It's nice to know I have people here who can give their opinions on these things....it tough to make decisions without you all!!

Thanks! And you're welcome about the DP help. :goodvibes I'm glad you still have it booked. It's kinda one of those things you feel like you need to do, even if it's just once. Like the KTTK tour. DH was a little put off about how much it cost and then he loved it so much we did it again 2 years later :thumbsup2

Hello to all...I am living vicariously through all you that are leaving/getting ready to leave. It really sucks to be home after a great Disney trip! I know I have Spring Break 2011 to look forward to, but right now I want to be back in the Magic Kingdom rain or no rain. I am sitting at my computer, listening to Disney music, going through pics from our trip with a heating pad on my right hip! I have no idea what happened - but I slipped in Ft. Lauderdale 1 1/2 weeks ago and fell on my right hip - was surprised that it never hurt! I don't know if it was because of all the walking we did from that point until we returned but yesterday afternoon it started to tighten up and now it is really tight and hurts when I lift my leg to walk/ go up stairs/ get in the car, etc...
I wanted to share this picture I took of my son, Connor, inside the AAU building which is next to Downtown Disney. We decided to go take pictures with his medals and ended up going inside. We met the Taekwondo event organizer and some other people who worked there. Everyone was so nice. There was this really cool stuffed Mickey wearing the 2010 AAU National Championship medal...

IMG_2601.jpg

Anyway... to everyone leaving...Have a Magical Day!! :thumbsup2

Debbie

Went to ak today. I thought the crowds were great but have been during spring break which I thought was a lot more crowded.

Weather - I think we had a 60% chance of rain today. It was sunny this morning & the clouds built as the went on. At 3:00 when dd & I put on our swim suits, it thundered just as we got to the pool & began to rain as we were walking back to our room. Just a gentle rain, that would be manageable in the parks.

Sunday can't come quick enough. Just have to get through tomorrow at work and class. Then Saturday is a wedding, then sunday is time to go. :cool1::banana::dancer:party:

Wow, NO posts since yesterday afternoon? What................is everybody at Disney World?????

Been watching the weather for next week, a bit worried that it's just going to rain the entire time we are there.

What does everyone do on days that are complete washouts?

Guess I'll be :laundy: for the next 2 days.
summer in orlando = those pop up showers;) long as it's not lightening:eek:ive seen some scary storms, but check out this pic from our trip last week in July last year, approx 6:00 pm @ Universal.

disneyquickjuly115.jpg

disneyquickjuly119.jpg

honestly, though; usually not anywhere near that bad:goodvibes. If it's forecast to rain all day, the crowds seems much lighter too:thumbsup2.

So we leave for Disney Sunday and it was just bond to happen. One of my children has to get hurt before any major trip, picture, etc. Last year before our Disney trip, my son had to go to the emergency room in an ambulance for getting his fingers smushed in a drawer. They were wedged and they had to take the whole drawer with them. We still don't know how it happened. He ended up being fine. They removed him from the drawer hinge and his fingers were just black and blue but that was two days before our trip. Then, tonight we were at my inlaws and the kids were "chasing" each other and my LO, 19 months, tripped over her own feet and fell into a wooden table leg face first. I of course, panic. My husband remains calm as blood streams from her mouth. We took her to urgent care just to make sure she didn't knock any teeth loose. I can't imagine what that would be like in Disney. Apparently her four bottom teeth, went into her top lip. She is fine, but it hurts and is black and blue obviously. Poor little girl. Anyway, we are setting up the "bubble" around our house for the next 4 days so that no one else gets hurt. LOL.

So we leave for Disney Sunday and it was just bond to happen. One of my children has to get hurt before any major trip, picture, etc. Last year before our Disney trip, my son had to go to the emergency room in an ambulance for getting his fingers smushed in a drawer. They were wedged and they had to take the whole drawer with them. We still don't know how it happened. He ended up being fine. They removed him from the drawer hinge and his fingers were just black and blue but that was two days before our trip. Then, tonight we were at my inlaws and the kids were "chasing" each other and my LO, 19 months, tripped over her own feet and fell into a wooden table leg face first. I of course, panic. My husband remains calm as blood streams from her mouth. We took her to urgent care just to make sure she didn't knock any teeth loose. I can't imagine what that would be like in Disney. Apparently her four bottom teeth, went into her top lip. She is fine, but it hurts and is black and blue obviously. Poor little girl. Anyway, we are setting up the "bubble" around our house for the next 4 days so that no one else gets hurt. LOL.

Oh no!! Poor sweeties! :hug: I hope the next few days are accident free in your house!

My 16 1/2 month old scratched her face and then fell into the libraries toy tub yesterday face first :rolleyes: I'm thankful that she's a nice tan color so any potential bump from that yesterday won't be visible compared to when I do similar things on my pasty self :lmao:

Oh no!! Poor sweeties! :hug: I hope the next few days are accident free in your house!

My 16 1/2 month old scratched her face and then fell into the libraries toy tub yesterday face first :rolleyes: I'm thankful that she's a nice tan color so any potential bump from that yesterday won't be visible compared to when I do similar things on my pasty self :lmao:

I know what you mean about being tan. I would show every scratch known to man, but my husband has a nice dark skin tone so my kids take after him, at least during the summer months. Maybe she can just say she was in a baby bar fight when she was fighting another baby over a cup of milk and she got the fat, fat lip!!! :thumbsup2 What can you do right??? Hopefully it won't look that bad after a few days.

Well Tomorrow is the Big Airport Hotel Day!!!:woohoo:

Still have nothing packed :scared1:

And instead of working on that I'm doing this :surfweb:instead.

Gonna be busy tonight

Oh no!!!! I hope she is OK. Did she need stitches?

Well Tomorrow is the Big Airport Hotel Day!!!:woohoo:

Still have nothing packed :scared1:

And instead of working on that I'm doing this :surfweb:instead.

Gonna be busy tonight

same here. we leave tomorrow afternoon after dh gets home and since we arrived home from quebec on sunday the most we've gotten done is laundry.

i need to pack, go to costco for water and snack for the drive and tomorrow i'll need to go to the begal shop for dinner while we're driving.

we decided to get a jump on the drive and head out for 3 hours of driving tomorrow night and get into the states. at least it gets us out of the city and on our way.

Oh no!!!! I hope she is OK. Did she need stitches?

No, the doctor said they don't put stitches inside the mouth anyway, but she is okay. She has one FAT lip today, but she is okay. She is really attached to her pacifier today, but I guess I can deal with that. She is eating and the doctor said she might not for a few days since it's painful, but my little girl loves to eat so she found a way! The talking is the hardest part. We can't really understand what she is saying so she is getting frustrated.

I am cleaning the house today so when we get back from WDW it won't be a complete mess. My mom is coming tomorrow by train so we are going to pick her up in the afternoon. We are going to look at new houses on Saturday and then we leave on Sunday. I am so excited!! Happy packing, cleaning, and travels for those leaving today and tomorrow!

No, the doctor said they don't put stitches inside the mouth anyway, but she is okay. She has one FAT lip today, but she is okay. She is really attached to her pacifier today, but I guess I can deal with that. She is eating and the doctor said she might not for a few days since it's painful, but my little girl loves to eat so she found a way! The talking is the hardest part. We can't really understand what she is saying so she is getting frustrated.
!

try some popsicles to help take the swelling down:goodvibes maybe she'll decide to give up the binky, probably hurts for her to use it, poor baby. Had a friend who always factored in 'mickey' taking their kid's bottles & binkies on vacation.:confused:

i have 3 boys & it seemed one of them always got hurt, ear infection, etc. befor a trip, usually minor. one time (not WDW, 6 flags trip) my youngest got a splinter in his foot on our deck, i thought i got it all out. Checked it one more time before bed a few hours later & he had an angry looking streak 1/2 way up his leg:eek:. rushed to ER & he had blood poisioning. we still made trip next day, but he had to stay off foot for a few days....kids;)

I also have nothing packed yet, but I leave sunday and have stuff laid out, but not in a suitcase yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter