*OFFICIAL* July 2010 Thread! It’s Hot. It’s Crowded. AND WE LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will see you guys there. We'll be there from July 25 till July 30 and staying at Carribean Beach Resort.

Anyone can tell me exactly how a bounceback offer works?

I'm not sure exactally, but I heard that they put this thing on your bed that announces the bounce back offer. You have to call and book your ressie for your next trip before you check out to take advantage of it. Hope that helps:)

So my middle DD woke up this morning with an ear ache :sad1: I'm hoping that it's just because she has wax build up in her ears and not an ear infection. If it is an ear infection I hope that I can get her into the ACC (Accute Care clinic) before we leave on Tuesday to get it treated. I have offically started to stress about leaving lol. I have a list going 2 miles long in my head starting with the :laundy: not that I have much of it left to go, but I had to strip my bed last night. I also have to sweep and mop and convince my oldest DD that we will getting her friends Birthday present while we are at WDW. Tuesday morning I have to take out the garbage before we drive to the airport.

Not much Disney planning for me today - on the road to the mountains to visit some family on vacation there.
Trying out new housesitters/dogsitters for the short trip - hopefully they will work out well and we can use them again. It's easier than kenneling the dogs and we like that the house isn't empty. Plus, they get the mail and water plants and all that.

Not much Disney planning for me today - on the road to the mountains to visit some family on vacation there.
Trying out new housesitters/dogsitters for the short trip - hopefully they will work out well and we can use them again. It's easier than kenneling the dogs and we like that the house isn't empty. Plus, they get the mail and water plants and all that.

Even though our cat is going to "cat camp"(hehehe), we having people watching the house 24/7. Plus they get the mail and water the plants.

Not long winded at all!! In fact, I would love for you to add a few more details!! We were planning on doing this for part of my mom's birthday celebration - is the location on the second floor or first floor and is it air conditioned at all? How many people does this place hold and is it a hassle to find a spot to watch either the parade or the fireworks? How was the desserts?? See....you were not long winded at all :lmao:
Ok, good. I could've gone on forever, but I didn't know how much you wanted to know ;) It's held in the lower section of the Noodle Station, but I've seen pics and reports that show they moved the food to the upper section, so you have to walk back and forth to get your food. I guess they wanted to be able to squeeze in more tables ;)

The area is open to outside, so it's not air conditioned. When we went, it was HOT, but I've read they installed fans now. They have assigned tables, so there's no reason you have to get there early and stand in line. I would say when we went, there were about 20 tables (each TIGHTLY holds 4 people.)

Most people walk up to the wall to watch the fireworks when they start because there's a roof over much of the area and if you're in the middle or back sections, you can't see from your table. Like I said, we were there on a BUSY night and it wasn't hard to see the fireworks, but the DP was also new and many people didn't know about it yet. You really can't see the parade at all because there are a lot of trees, street carts, people lined up, etc... between where you are and where the parade route is.

The desserts get mixed reviews. Many people say they aren't worth the money. I LOVE :love: desserts and I really enjoyed the selection and taste of almost everything. There's a lot of variety (not just chocolate) and the chocolate covered strawberries are AMAZING!! I would suggest bringing Wet Ones for sticky hands :) If you've ever stayed club level, it's similar to the types of things you get there, just LOTS more variety :)
Here's a picture of a couple of our plates!
101_0292.jpg

The castle view you will have for the show
101_0293.jpg

How's that for info?? :) :) Just let me know if you want to know anything else :goodvibes

I'm not sure exactally, but I heard that they put this thing on your bed that announces the bounce back offer. You have to call and book your ressie for your next trip before you check out to take advantage of it. Hope that helps:)

So my middle DD woke up this morning with an ear ache :sad1: I'm hoping that it's just because she has wax build up in her ears and not an ear infection. If it is an ear infection I hope that I can get her into the ACC (Accute Care clinic) before we leave on Tuesday to get it treated. I have offically started to stress about leaving lol. I have a list going 2 miles long in my head starting with the :laundy: not that I have much of it left to go, but I had to strip my bed last night. I also have to sweep and mop and convince my oldest DD that we will getting her friends Birthday present while we are at WDW. Tuesday morning I have to take out the garbage before we drive to the airport.

Hope your DD is OK. I would get it checked it ASAP.

the weather finally broke here in Quebec - of course it's the day we leave but at least the rain held off. now - how's the weather in WDW?

I overheard my DH on the phone with one of his friends today and I heard him say "we leave next week." Boy that sounds good!!!! :goodvibes

I have been packing and planning for so long that now that things are pretty much done and we have a week 8 days until we leave, I am thinking this is going to be the longest week of my life. Maybe I should have held off until this week to make sure I had something to do. One of my plans always seems to backfire some how. Being overplanned in this case... is my biggest downfall. :lmao:

I agree with you. The next week will be sooooooooooooooo long. Thank goodness I have a dentist appointment to keep me busy! lol

We check in on the 18th! Our flight is at 7:00 am, we are flying out of BWI and should be there by 9:15! Mega excited, especially because I hate my job right now. Funny, I know when I get back from vacation I'll love it again, just really need a break right now!

10 fabulous days at Disney, staying at AKL; switched from the Poly and my DS will turn 9 while we are there.

I too hate leaving my pupster. We have an almost 5 month only Lhasa Apso. I thought about taking him and boarding him, boarding him at home, leaving him at a friends house and finally settled on letting my BIL and his family stay at our house.

They will watch the pupster, water my flowers and take care of the pool. Only catch is I have to let him drive my car since they don't have one....

I just hope they don't leave a mess in my house!!

:banana::banana::banana:im keeping my DH! guess what im getting for my birthday?

a quickie 2 night, 3 day​

1st-ever​

adult-only​

disney trip:yay:
bounceback offer, airline credits & tix on hand burning hole in our pockets helped seal the deal & it wound up being cheaper than trip to beach or cedar point:confused:

note, we did a quick 3 night trip same time last year...so hot i said i'd never go that time again...never say never;)

note, we did a quick 3 night trip same time last year...so hot i said i'd never go that time again...never say never;)

ohhhh i know all about the "never say never" saying.

i swore blind after being there last May and Florida hitting record breaking temps that landed in the very high 90's that we would NEVER - EVER be back in the middle of the heat again - instead every trip was to take place in January when we could escape the cold winter in Southern Ontario and enjoy warm days and coolish nights for 2 weeks.

soooo we're leaving in 6 days to start our VA, GA and FL trip

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

:banana: :cheer2: :dance3: The time is ALMOST here. We are shooting to leave by 5:00 a.m. of course NO ONE IS EVEN ASLEEP YET. NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACK!!! Our ds 16 and ds 11 are trying to just stay up. They are both on their xbox. Our dd 19 said NO WAY she is crashing a couple of hours but she is still up too. This is a HUGE adventure for us. We haven't driven to WDW since 2002........we always FLY. So wish us luck!!!! :scared1:

We have quite the journey ahead of us. :eek:

I will keep in touch throughout the trip.

EDK35, I do wish you luck with your drive and getting everyone to sleep. I know teenager getting up at 5:30 am will not be a pleasant sight. At least, they can go back to sleep in the car and hopefully won't bother you too much. Lol. I could trade with you. You could take my DS almost 4 (birthday's in less than 3 weeks) and my DD almost 20 months. They are really fun to drive in the car with :thumbsup2! That is why we start our drive at night. So they just sleep and sleep and not talk or ask us to stop to go to the bathroom. At least, that is our plan anyway. It worked well last year, but we will see how it goes this year now that DD is older. A infant is much easier to please. Feed, change, sleep... My son was really good though. He's a great sleeper so hopefully, he will do a great job again. I tried to convince my husband that we shouldn't even tell him we are going to WDW and just put him in the car in his pajamas, but he told me that my son would probably notice all the suitcases and grandmom sitting next to him in the car. Shoot! :rotfl2: So, I had to tell him.

ohhhh i know all about the "never say never" saying.

i swore blind after being there last May and Florida hitting record breaking temps that landed in the very high 90's that we would NEVER - EVER be back in the middle of the heat again - instead every trip was to take place in January when we could escape the cold winter in Southern Ontario and enjoy warm days and coolish nights for 2 weeks.

soooo we're leaving in 6 days to start our VA, GA and FL trip

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

i told my DH it's like giving birth, u forget all about it as time passes;), enjoy ur trip!

:banana: :cheer2: :dance3: The time is ALMOST here. We are shooting to leave by 5:00 a.m. of course NO ONE IS EVEN ASLEEP YET. NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACK!!! Our ds 16 and ds 11 are trying to just stay up. They are both on their xbox. Our dd 19 said NO WAY she is crashing a couple of hours but she is still up too. This is a HUGE adventure for us. We haven't driven to WDW since 2002........we always FLY. So wish us luck!!!! :scared1:

We have quite the journey ahead of us. :eek:

I will keep in touch throughout the trip.

you are very brave:thumbsup2. i quit long-distance driving when the airfare dipped years ago. if i have to start paying for entire family we may be back to the long drive too...least we have more drivers now to take turns @ the wheel. Are u letting ur kids help to drive this trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter