*OFFICIAL* July 2010 Thread! It’s Hot. It’s Crowded. AND WE LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you book your ressie directly through Disney? That makes a difference if you didn't.

Yep, I called the Reservation line when I booked the vacation. The only thing I didnt book through them was our park passes and airline tickets. I'm not sure what's going on with my pc and their website.

disneywatcher - the bag is quite simply a rectangle with notches cut in the bottom corners. I think the cut out pieces are line 16inx13in. I cut two plastic, two inside material, and two fusible heavyweight interfacing. Iron the interfacing onto the back of the material, and sew that whole thing onto the plastic piece. Now, the bottom corners you should cut out two squares - gosh, like 3inx3in. Anyway, once you get your pieces sewed and ready, sew your straps on. I usually stop the strap about 3 in from the top. IF you want to add the vinyl on the bottom, do that now. Be sure you are folding the edges before you sew so you don't have any raw edges. So, at that point you have two "panels". Sew on the zipper at the top so now your panels are attached. I recommend doing a little tiny diagonal stitch at the ends of the zipper so when you turn it right side out, it will look more finished.
Then, with panels right-side facing, sew the bottom hem together. Then sew the sides together. BEFORE you sew the last side together, be sure to open the zipper ;)
At this point, all you have left are the open corner notches. Hard to describe... um... the inside corner of the notches - pull apart so that the outside corners come together. If you're doing it right it will make sense and widen the bottom.
Turn right side out - and you're done! Oh, get a piece of cardboard or plastic and make a base for the inside or it'll be all saggy when you put stuff in it.
Sorry if this is all too garbled. I "eyeball" a lot of stuff.
Anybody feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

I have used this kind of method for making bags lots of times so I'm probably leaving little details out.

Thank you very much! I'm still a novice sewing person but I'm always wanting to try new things (I once tried to make a retro dress but only got as far as the top of the dress.:rotfl2:

So it's like 80 degrees in our house b/c the A/C just won't/can't keep us cool with this intense heat.

And DH just put on pants and a sweatshirt and said he needs to go lie down b/c he isn't feeling well.

:headache::headache::headache:

NOOOOOoooooooooo ... doesn't he know that no one is allowed to get sick the day before our trip!

Here's hoping it's just a 24 hour thing. Load him up with OJ and tylonol!

Well our Single Digit Dance is almost a Were on our Way Dance :banana::banana: 4 days to go! I still have to go get snacks for the plane. I made my middle daughter watch a TSA video about how to go through security. I'm anxious already!! Get me on the plane!

We leave in less than 11 hours. Where is the stressed-out smilie???? They seriously need one that shows nervous energy that comes along with your departure from home day!

I am going to be canceling our ADR for Sunday's (July 11) Crystal Palace breakfast at 8:15. I will call this afternoon. PM me for the exact time I'm calling if you are interested!

Trip with niece (6) and nephew (9). Had to move trip up so had to cancel all previous reservations. Still planning.

For everyone doing the single digit dance
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

For everyone that is leaving shortly
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Marshay, hope DH is feeling better today.

we can officially do the Single Digit Dance tomorrow! haha. 10 days from today!!

i remember on Easter it was 106 days til our trip! time goes by so fast. :cool1:

Look at all you single digit dancer!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

I am sooo excited for you all! And of course terribly jealous now that I am home in NJ! But we had a great trip! I will be starting a TR soon and will link it in my sig and from my PTR so I'd love for you all to come read...when you get back!

Hope everyone leaving soon has a safe and wonderful trip!

Sorry your trip is over :guilty: but now you can start planning your next one ;)!!! Hope you had a great time, looking forward to your trip report and pics.

Yay for everyone leaving this weekend!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I just thought I would share my pre-vacation woes so that others will know they are not alone. :grouphug:

They are roofing our house this because of a hail storm in the spring. Of course, I picked the most popular single in the US and it had to be back ordered. Well, it finally came in, so after MONTHS of waiting the roof is going up.

Well, while they were working this morning, a thunderstorm developed. Long story short. My laundry room ceiling is soaked. :sad2:

I called DH in panic who called the roofing company, who said not to worry, unfortunately this happens sometimes. They will do whatever it takes to make it right. :thumbsup2

I have photographed it. And will need to photograph it again as it is continuing to spread.

I have gotten a fan out of the garage and put a fan on it!

What a fun day my laundry day is turning out to be. :laundy:

Has anyone ever done the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Noodle Station? I am thinking of doing this during our July trip and was wondering if you thought it was worth the money - about $28.00 per person. Let me know what your experience was please :goodvibes

We leave for Disney in 14 Days!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

The first 3 days, we are staying off property by Sea World for a conference then on to Saratoga Springs and Pop Century for 6 nights/7 days!

Nikki - welcome back!

Single digit folks - :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Marshay - I hope DH is better soon.

SRUAlmn: Someone used a window marker and drew a Mickey head slanted on the back window: reminds me of a playhouse Mickey head. It is getting ready to storm here. I might draw one on later, but probably not in time for you to see it. Safe travels.

Off to pack more and clean! We have a wedding tomorrow, so I won't have time to do much then.

Does anyone know how to embed video into a post? I don't mean after it has been published to youtube. I have some video clips from my trip that I took, already uploaded on my computer. I know I've seen people post video before, I just have NO clue how to do it! Thanks!

I first wanted to apologize for leaving a couple of you out of the single digit dance post. I couldn't find the page that had everyone listed who was leaving that day- sorry!! :) :) :) I'll dance again, just for you! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Has anyone ever done the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Noodle Station? I am thinking of doing this during our July trip and was wondering if you thought it was worth the money - about $28.00 per person. Let me know what your experience was please :goodvibes

Yes! We did it on July 3 last year and we're doing it again on July 19 this year (wanted the 18th, but it was booked :sad2:) When we did it last year it was cheaper, but it was also new and there were a few things that didn't work well, mainly, the abundance of chocolate and heat in conjunction. However, being that it was July 3 and the park was MOBBED, that in and of itself, was worth the $$. I debated for a long time if it would be worth the money to do again (especially now that it costs more,) but they now have a glass cooler buffet for the desserts so they will hold up better, and it's just a nice special thing for us to do together, so we booked it. Sorry to be long winded and not really have an 'answer' for you, but if you love treats and want a new and unique experience, I say do it :)

Does anyone know how to embed video into a post? I don't mean after it has been published to youtube. I have some video clips from my trip that I took, already uploaded on my computer. I know I've seen people post video before, I just have NO clue how to do it! Thanks!

I use Photobucket to upload pics on here and it gives the option of uploading video too, then I think you can just copy and paste the URL into your post?

SRUAlmn: Someone used a window marker and drew a Mickey head slanted on the back window: reminds me of a playhouse Mickey head. It is getting ready to storm here. I might draw one on later, but probably not in time for you to see it. Safe travels.

Yes, if you get a chance, please take a picture :) We still have 9 more days until we leave, so I'll still be around :) Thanks!!! :goodvibes

:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana:
for all the single digit dancers

Marshay..I hope DH gets better soon!!

NewCrew..sorry to hear about your roof! I hope that can fix it soon!!!

Well guys I am telling Gabby this weekend about the trip..hopefully I will get it on tape and post it for you guys. We are going to see Despicable Me and clothes shopping for the trip.. have a great weekend

Me again! :lmao::lmao: Sorry for the 3 posts in a row. I just had to post something else. When I was checking Photobucket for Nikki to see if you could do video I was looking through some of our old trip photos. I thought I'd post these so you all would know what a week in Disney with my DH is like :rolleyes1 Let's just call it 'only child syndrome!'
100_1598.jpg

100_1597.jpg

Yes, my friends, that is PLAYHOUSE DISNEY during extra magic hours :rolleyes1 He loves to dance, loves to be the center of attention, doesn't care what anyone thinks of him, and is a MAJOR clown. When we came across the bass pumping music, the strobe lights flashing, the characters getting down, he was pumped and his first response to me was "Why didn't you ever tell me about THIS!?" :lmao::lmao::lmao: I can only imagine what all the parents with their CHILDREN were thinking :lmao::lmao:

SRUalmn: That is too funny, but probably what my husband would do too. He bought a Toy Story 3 video game so that he could "play and bond" with our 3 year old. He plays it more by himself. :rotfl:

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!I bet he is so much fun to be around!! This is truely what Disney is about!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter