"Official" 2024 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Sorry if it’s already been asked…
I know you can’t buy a LLMP for the party,
But, if arriving at 4pm, can you purchase a LLSP for 7DMT?

Double Posting from another thread:

I am hoping for suggestions for a good strategy for rides during the MVMCP fireworks and parades. We are DLR vets and not very experienced with WDW and have never been to an after hours ticketed party at either location before.

Our kids will definitely want to ride the rides during the MVMCP fireworks and parades and I'm wondering where I should direct them. (I, on the other hand, loooooove all the entertainment!)

So excited! Thanks!

What are their “must do” rides at MK?

I will add that another great time to do rides is during the first parade. More people watch the first parade and then leave after fireworks.

What are their “must do” rides at MK?

I will add that another great time to do rides is during the first parade. More people watch the first parade and then leave after fireworks.
Great, thanks! I will instruct them accordingly haha. They love all the rides but will especially will want to do the coasters during the parade I bet. I'm sure they will also want to try and do Tron since we don't have that at DLR. Space Mountain and Big Thunder will also be high on their list.

My current plan is to eat at Saratoga food court at 3pm, then leave Saratoga at 4pm to head to MK. We don’t really want to be standing in line for HOURS to get into MK so we’re fine if we don’t get through MK security until closer to 4:45.

Does this sound like a good plan? Will we still be standing in a long line at this time, or will the line be moving pretty consistently to let people in?

My current plan is to eat at Saratoga food court at 3pm, then leave Saratoga at 4pm to head to MK. We don’t really want to be standing in line for HOURS to get into MK so we’re fine if we don’t get through MK security until closer to 4:45.

Does this sound like a good plan? Will we still be standing in a long line at this time, or will the line be moving pretty consistently to let people in?
So last year we got there late around 4:15 and the line was HUGE! It only took about 35 minutes or so to get into the park at that point.

We plan on being at MK by 3-3:15pm at the latest this year as we want to take advantage of the extra time in the park. You'd prob be fine I would think but I'm guessing there will still be a line.

I’m guessing lines will be down a bit by the time you get there. If you’re planning to eat at 3:00 I’d be surprised if you get to MK much before 4:30. Time to order and eat, make your way to the bus and wait for it to arrive. Add drive to MK and security, it will be later than 4:00 I would anticipate before you arrive.

Snagged a reservation for Liberty Tree Tavern at 4:40 on 11/8. Do you think we will be able to make it into the park and to the restaurant by that time? We plan on getting to the park entrance at 4. Thanks. Looking forward to having a relaxing dinner before the party begins :)

Snagged a reservation for Liberty Tree Tavern at 4:40 on 11/8. Do you think we will be able to make it into the park and to the restaurant by that time? We plan on getting to the park entrance at 4. Thanks. Looking forward to having a relaxing dinner before the party begins :)
I’ve read reports that it can take 30-40 minutes to get through the gates if you show up right at 4. Maybe get there a little earlier just to be on the safe side.

However, if I’m being complete honest, unless you have your heart set on Libtery Tree Tavern, I’d consider not doing a sit down meal within MK, and instead opt for a late lunch/ early dinner at one of the monorail resorts, then doing more of a QS option later in the party. If you can plan to get in like at MK at 3:15, and be in the head of the pack when gates open at 4, you have 2 hours until the party starts which you could use to do a few attractions, have a wander etc. Just my opinion as to how to best optimize your time and get your moneys worth.

We have tickets for 12/13 also! Our first Christmas Party also! My current dilemma is figuring out what time we want to be at the gates. Also I'm having fun looking at family tshirts.
Be there early! That way you can take advantage of the extra hours before the party officially begins. I would say be there around 3:15 or 3:30pm at the latest to try and be in the front of the line to get in.

Be there early! That way you can take advantage of the extra hours before the party officially begins. I would say be there around 3:15 or 3:30pm at the latest to try and be in the front of the line to get in.
It's that, or it might be worth it to us to get there later just to avoid a long wait, even if it means getting in at 5. We are not great at waiting in lines - for example we tend to skip rides that call for more than a half hour wait or so . . . One of the main reasons we are doing this party is in hopes of shorter lines - at least at the end of the night.

Speaking of timing, I could use feedback regarding pre party timing overall. We are DLR vets and haven't been to WDW since 2020 during Covid and have only been a couple of times before that and it's kind of a blur. We stayed at the GF so transportation wasn't an issue to MK. This time we are staying off site and will have a rental car.

We are travelling cross country the day before and plan to sleep in the morning of the party then go to Raglan Road at Disney Springs for a large lunch. Does this plan seem reasonable or is it a MUST that we eat at a monorail resort instead? Our family really likes the menu at Raglan Road.

Question: How long will it take us to drive from Disney Springs and find MK parking, go through security and make our way to the turnstiles? I know we either have to take a boat or the monorail at some point. Your feedback will help me determine what time to make our lunch reservations for. Thanks All!

Our kids will definitely want to ride the rides during the MVMCP fireworks and parades
The parade is arguably one of wdw's best

Not sure how old your kids are
Or how familiar they are with layout of the park. If going to separate, make a plan where u will meet up later as it's so congested on party nights

The hub & Main Street areas get packed as the time nears for parades & FW. Well, other than the walkways, where the CMs keep People moving. I don't try to navigate thru the area once we've found our viewing spot

Does this plan seem reasonable or is it a MUST that we eat at a monorail resort instead? Our family really likes the menu at Raglan Road.
Either way, you will need to move vehicle to the MK parking lot.

Official Policy on self parking at monorail resorts is a couple of hours.

Speaking of timing, I could use feedback regarding pre party timing overall. We are DLR vets and haven't been to WDW since 2020 during Covid and have only been a couple of times before that and it's kind of a blur. We stayed at the GF so transportation wasn't an issue to MK. This time we are staying off site and will have a rental car.

We are travelling cross country the day before and plan to sleep in the morning of the party then go to Raglan Road at Disney Springs for a large lunch. Does this plan seem reasonable or is it a MUST that we eat at a monorail resort instead? Our family really likes the menu at Raglan Road.

Question: How long will it take us to drive from Disney Springs and find MK parking, go through security and make our way to the turnstiles? I know we either have to take a boat or the monorail at some point. Your feedback will help me determine what time to make our lunch reservations for. Thanks All!
If you emjiycRaglan Riad then that’s a great choice for your pre-party lunch! You really don’t gain anything by eating at a monorail resort when you have the entire day before the party.

Personally I would allow at least 75 mins and possibly a bit longer from the time you’re driving out of DS to reach the thistle at MK. You need to allow time for:
- driving to MK
- pay for parking,
- parking.
- shuttle to TTC
-,wait for monorail or ferry
- transportation travel tine
- security
- line to enter MK

If it were me I would allow 90 mins

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest