"Official" 2024 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

I keep reading that it's hard to find "real" food during the parties? That and we don't want to do a table service meal during the party because it takes too much time. I just figured that since we have so much time that day before we are allowed inside the MK we might as well spend that time fueling up . . .

I actually don't really understand this comment. I've never had trouble finding "real food" during any party, Halloween or Christmas. It may not be what people want, but there are several QS options available with things like burgers, hot dogs, etc. Pecos Bills usually has something too like a Christmas tamale.

I actually don't really understand this comment. I've never had trouble finding "real food" during any party, Halloween or Christmas. It may not be what people want, but there are several QS options available with things like burgers, hot dogs, etc. Pecos Bills usually has something too like a Christmas tamale.
I think part of it is just the pacing and timing of things at the parties that make people less likely to slow down and go into the designated places offering food. Between running around getting free cookies or trick or treating, watching the parade and fireworks, etc., I know we have had a couple of parties where we were just having fun running around to do everything, didn't make a point to stop at one of the designated locations for food, and then arrived back at the resort starving with no food options open at the hotel. We've learned our lesson now but I do think depending on how you do the parties it somehow feels like you have to stop and seek out "real food" more than on a regular park day.

I think part of it is just the pacing and timing of things at the parties that make people less likely to slow down and go into the designated places offering food. Between running around getting free cookies or trick or treating, watching the parade and fireworks, etc., I know we have had a couple of parties where we were just having fun running around to do everything, didn't make a point to stop at one of the designated locations for food, and then arrived back at the resort starving with no food options open at the hotel. We've learned our lesson now but I do think depending on how you do the parties it somehow feels like you have to stop and seek out "real food" more than on a regular park day.
For me, as a mom trying to find "real" healthy-ish food that everyone likes, can eat and make sure we take that time is a chore tbh - even when on vacation and when I don't have to cook. So I'll be happy to get a good meal into everyone's tummies before the party starts so that I can relax more during the festivities.

Thanks to an earlier recommendation I've discovered Steakhouse 71's lunch menu which I think will work for our family before the party on 12/13. Just to confirm this is how we should get there. We are staying offsite this time:

Drive rental car to MK parking and Park
Take tram to TTC
Take Monorail to the Contemporary
After we eat take monorail to MK, go through security and get in line for the party.

Thinking of making Lunch reservations for around 1:30 or 2.
I think you've got an extra step in your plan. If you park at MK, have lunch at the Contemporary, and then return to MK for the party you can eliminate that TTC step. Park at MK, walk (10ish minute walk) or take the resort monorail from MK to the Contemporary.

I think you've got an extra step in your plan. If you park at MK, have lunch at the Contemporary, and then return to MK for the party you can eliminate that TTC step. Park at MK, walk (10ish minute walk) or take the resort monorail from MK to the Contemporary.
MK parking is at the TTC, so they have to start there. They can't walk from the MK parking lot to the Contemporary. There is no path. They could walk from lunch at the Contemporary to MK rather than monorailing all the way around the loop.

MK parking is at the TTC, so they have to start there. They can't walk from the MK parking lot to the Contemporary. There is no path. They could walk from lunch at the Contemporary to MK rather than monorailing all the way around the loop.
Thanks for clarifying! So not so much that there's an extra step, but step 1 is actually TTC.

Yep that is our issue... watching all this videos on it, it seems easy to get dessert but not real meals...
Last year we ended up just eating at Casey's corner at like 5pm and just had snacks the rest of the evening lol. Probably will do it again this year but do Pecos.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest