News Round Up 2020

not sure if this has been shared guests using buses from Swan and Dolphin will now be dropped off at the TTC for MK
That change took effect back in mid-October. The article linked at post 10,858 of this thread raised the question as to where the Mears buses would be stopping. If not answered in this thread (I'm not going to read all the posts since October to see), the fact that drop-off was moved to TTC was discussed in the Swan and Dolphin thread at the time, and from time to time thereafter, as well as advice on how to make rope drop.

Ah just missed him. We are finally at our new house in Orlando and we got tickets for the GKTW lights for Sat night.

Well today is the only day so far that sea world reservations are sold out. It's been a crazy couple of days so far at the park. Last night they installed all the DJ booths, parties all around the park, only park in Orlando doing fireworks (4 shows tonight).
I'll be at Orca Encounter all day until 11:30pm chanting
" I am one with the force and ther force is with me"
Over and over again, lol

So we found a really good deal on Seaworld APs, so maybe we'll come visit you soon! I didn't even imagine trying to go this week, sounds like it's horrendous with crowds.

Happy New Year to all, especially you @rteetz and @yulilin3 for all you do on the boards.

glad to see they are out ahead of this that there is nothing official going on past 11 (though do wonder if people linger anyway)

i am still seeing posts in Facebook groups asking about options for things to do for midnight and what they should do, where to eat, etc. .... so I know at least some people are expecting midnight related things at Disney

Buy a bottle of champagne, sparkling wine, or sparkling sake at Epcot and drink it in your room.

Last year at this time we were celebrating the new year in Puerto Natales, Chile. Everything shut down early on NYE and all New Year's day. We managed to get some great pizza and Pisco Sours at a local pizza place right before they closed; they locked the door as we entered. We quickly bought some supplies that morning in Argentina before hitting the hundreds of miles of gravel road back to Chile. We had the worst cidre I have ever had and made Pisco Sours instead to ring in the New Year, along with the contraband vegetables and cheese that we forgot we had when we crossed the border. This year we are celebrating at home with food from our favorite Mexican restaurant and a chocolate fountain. I hope everyone has many more adventurous New Years to come.

And here is 2020 in an nutshell.

We were deciding on the best junk food dinner for tonight, we don't eat junk a lot. So we decided on Portillo's (Italian beef and more in Chicago).

I ordered gravy bread (among other things)- the french bread which is just dunked, sopping wet, you can wring out the liquid, in Italian beef gravy, soooooooo goooood.
After waiting over 30 minutes for a to go order, we get home, unpack the food, so excited for my gravy bread and I get this:

Resized_20201231_174053.jpeg

2020 got me one more time. :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!! Thanks @rteetz for this board, it's home to me. :)

I wish everyone a healthy, prosperous, joyous new year with all the sopping wet gravy bread you can handle!

Now I shall drink my bottle of wine, which never lets me down!

I read this multiple times on DIS and WDW Magic and it still doesn't make sense to me.

Here's the link from WDW Magic: https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/wa...-two-additional-days-of-theme-park-access.htm

So the room isn't discounted and you get 2 extra days that you have to use on check in and check out? Doesn't seem like a good idea unless I am just not awake yet. NM I see it's max 14 nights.

ETA text

Offer Details
Book Beginning: January 5, 2021
Valid Travel Dates: Arrivals most nights January 8, 2021 through September 25, 2021
Length of Stay Requirements: Minimum – 4 nights, Maximum – 14 nights
Important Details
  • The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.
  • 5-day theme park tickets included in this package are valid for admission beginning on date of check-in and must be used within 8 days.
  • To enter a park both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date are required. Theme park reservations are limited and subject to availability. View the park reservation availability calendar.
  • Disney Resort hotel reopening dates are subject to change.
  • Advance reservations required.
  • Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
  • Offer excludes the following room types: 3-bedroom villas, Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort, Cabins at Disney's Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows.

I'm curious.... I currently have a room only reservation for 4 nights. Can you convert a RO to a package to get the two days free tickets, or do you need to make an entirely new reservation and cancel the RO? And likewise, later on if there is a RO discount more valuable than the free tickets, can you modify a package back to RO with the discount? or, again, do i need to cancel the package and make a whole new RO reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter