Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

So Jaina, what are you going to be??

I've been planning my costume for a couple of months now!! I'm going with my BFF and we are dressing as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum! :goodvibes:

I've been to the one in DW twice. I went as Fifer Pig and my cousin had a great Big Bad Wolf outfit. I've been to the one in DL as Dopey and my cousin was Grumpy. Lots of fun!

I have tickets for the 31st. We are staying at the Grand Californian! :jumping1:
I’m mobile tonight and can’t easily repost, but I just posted it (with a couple pics) in my PTR in my signature. My daughter is going to be Rey and I’ll be BB-8.

Sorry for the frustration! If you will be staying on site, in past years, on site guests have been able to purchase day of MHP tickets first thing in the morning (early!!) at the GCH. Tickets are very limited, first come first served. Otherwise, you can try calling to see if a CM can find you the tickets you need. Otherwise, if your family can choose another date, I would suggest they do so quickly so that you can purchase the tickets before another party sells out.
Please stay away from unauthorized ticket vendors. Every year we receive reports of people getting scammed with what they thought were legit MHP tickets. Every year people post here about seeing families turned away at the gates with bogus tickets.
Reminds me: We also see tales of people buying the wrong ticket, so for those hunting sold-out tickets don’t get all excited your date isn’t sold out after all ...because you accidentally stumbled onto Disney World’s Party. (Happens on both coasts & you will be denied entry.)

Reminds me: We also see tales of people buying the wrong ticket, so for those hunting sold-out tickets don’t get all excited your date isn’t sold out after all ...because you accidentally stumbled onto Disney World’s Party. (Happens on both coasts & you will be denied entry.)

A good reminder about why it's important to remember the difference between the party names and locations! Mickey's Halloween Party (MHP) is at Disneyland (CA) and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) is at WDW (FL). People really do mix up the parties and never read their tickets, showing up at the gates in CA with tickets for FL. Then they are shocked to be denied entry to the party. And by that time, most/all MHP tickets are already sold out.

Last edited:
I'm back this year. *waves* Only doing one party very likely, on October 16th. Budget reasons. This year Disneyland is my point of destination before I finally get my butt over to Tokyo Disneyland after all those years.

I’m mobile tonight and can’t easily repost, but I just posted it (with a couple pics) in my PTR in my signature. My daughter is going to be Rey and I’ll be BB-8.

I saw it on your PTR. Cute costume! Your kids are adorable!!! :cutie:

Whew!! Glad I purchased MHP tickets for Oct. 5th Thursday Morning then!! I was surprised to see that I could choose the e ticket option, so they are already showing on my Disneyland App. Very convenient. This is the first time DD and I will experience MHP at DLR. WDW's MNSSHP was amazing so DD has been begging to go. It will be a birthday surprise gift next month! Not sure about costumes, but I am thinking something Haunted Mansion themed since we are big fans. Can't wait!

I got my party tickets - I'm going to the first party on 9/19. :)

I'm starting to make dining reservations for my trip (just hit the 60 day mark), but I'm not seeing any dining packages for the party. Am I missing something? Will these open up later?

I got my party tickets - I'm going to the first party on 9/19. :)

I'm starting to make dining reservations for my trip (just hit the 60 day mark), but I'm not seeing any dining packages for the party. Am I missing something? Will these open up later?
Later. Keep an eye here, if Disney does them someone will usually post the info here fairly quickly.

Anyone planning Costumes yet or is my family just anxious??

My friends and I have decided that we are going as the Bimbettes and Gaston.

We got our dresses off of Wish.com and my friend's fiance is working on getting his costume for Gaston. We have been trying to get everything together that way we know we have it all together in time just in case things didn't come together.

I am going to be working on a shirt for the week also with a Halloween theme. I know my friends and I also want to do a tie-dye shirt.

We are uber planners for WDW, so I think the planner in me is kicking in...LOL!!!

I'm so indecisive when it comes to picking a costume..my 3 top choices so far are:
1. Haunted mansion maid
2. Princess Tiana waitress outfit
3. Flower (from bambi)

I'm doing a punk or goth type take on Ariel with black and silver scaled ears, and skirt and a black seashell bra tee shirt. My husband wants to bound vs go in costume so we're leaning towards Prince Eric for him so we'll go together. My friend is going as a steampunk mad hatter and I'm not sure if her friend is dressing up at all.

Last edited:
Just decided on a quickie trip over what I am sure will be an insane busy weekend... but DD is in HS now, so I dreaded pulling her out of school... looks like the party for 10/12 is sold out. Should I keep checking? Call DL. Haunt someone? lol

Just decided on a quickie trip over what I am sure will be an insane busy weekend... but DD is in HS now, so I dreaded pulling her out of school... looks like the party for 10/12 is sold out. Should I keep checking? Call DL. Haunt someone? lol

Well, I decided to call and see if I could add maxpass to our tix, and asked if by any chance there were some 10/12 party tix held back... and there were!! I have tix! Disney Magic already! Whoot Whoot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter