Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

So happy we got our tickets for Oct 12th before they sold out. This will be our second party. The first was about 8 years ago when the kids were 4 and 3. They say they don’t remember going. We’ve been DL Passholders for about 10 years now but I couldn’t justify paying extra money for the party since I already paid for the AP’s but glad we can go this year now that the kids are 12 and 11 and old enough to remember :banana:

For those who have been. Do the characters have photopass photographers? I’m worried about getting okay photos with my phone with the lighting conditions.

I recall seeing a Photopass photographer with the villain at the fixed location, but not with the wandering characters (at least I didn't see any).

For those who have been. Do the characters have photopass photographers? I’m worried about getting okay photos with my phone with the lighting conditions.

Sometimes there are photographers and sometimes just a CM who will use your phone or camera. It's been different at every party we've attended. Some parties had plenty of photographers and some had very few. Last year it seemed like there were more photographers in DCA, so we got lots of PP photos over there. Most of our DL photos were taken with our phones.

I received my tickets in the mail yesterday, which means they were mailed the same day I ordered them. I was a little surprised!

I'm glad only one day has sold out so far. I won't be able to get my ticket for the October 23rd party until I get back from my vacation on August 6th. If I can afford a second day it will be for the week before the 23rd of October.

Aw man, I just had the highest of highs and lowest of lows in only a matter of a few minutes. I found out my family would be able to go to the Oct 12 party (woo hoo) and then saw that the date is the only one sold out so far (boo hoo). What’s the chance of me finding tickets (for 3-8 people)? Low, right? I feel like Eeyore right now, lol. Man, what a bummer.

Got my Oct 26th tickets when they went live for AP's!!! Last year I came in full out costume but I think I'm going to throttle back, its a bit exhausting going in full tote
22539861_10155702009945561_1585680544642582766_n.jpg

... What’s the chance of me finding tickets (for 3-8 people)? Low, right? I feel like Eeyore right now, lol. Man, what a bummer.

Sorry for the frustration! If you will be staying on site, in past years, on site guests have been able to purchase day of MHP tickets first thing in the morning (early!!) at the GCH. Tickets are very limited, first come first served. Otherwise, you can try calling to see if a CM can find you the tickets you need. Otherwise, if your family can choose another date, I would suggest they do so quickly so that you can purchase the tickets before another party sells out.
Please stay away from unauthorized ticket vendors. Every year we receive reports of people getting scammed with what they thought were legit MHP tickets. Every year people post here about seeing families turned away at the gates with bogus tickets.

For the first time in years we won't be attending either MHP or MNSSHP (we did that one year when we were visiting relatives in FL). My son is playing high school football this year and their season goes straight through fall break. I suppose the rest of us could go but I don't think he would forgive us anytime soon. :) I am going to miss the fun at the party though I will enjoy getting to see him play this year.

DD and I are going as Sully and Boo. We like simple costumes, more of a bound than cosplay ;)

Already found DD's long pink shirt and the ponyholders. She has white socks and sneakers, and I found purple Capri leggings on Prime day.

I am looking at options for mine, ordered a blue dress and an oversized top. Either the dress with purple bike shorts/leggings. Or the oversized top (it is a light sweater-type) with a purple tank top. I got light purple pants from Old Navy but I don't really like how they fit - I dont want to get something I would not wear again.

Edit - forgot the horns! I got these little horn hair clips. Not sure if I will just keep them as clips or try to attach them to a headband.

Anyone planning Costumes yet or is my family just anxious??

My 10-year-old daughter and I are going together, and she just finished getting ours planned out...

So Jaina, what are you going to be??

I've been planning my costume for a couple of months now!! I'm going with my BFF and we are dressing as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum! :goodvibes:

I've been to the one in DW twice. I went as Fifer Pig and my cousin had a great Big Bad Wolf outfit. I've been to the one in DL as Dopey and my cousin was Grumpy. Lots of fun!

I have tickets for the 31st. We are staying at the Grand Californian! :jumping1:

Got my Oct 26th tickets when they went live for AP's!!! Last year I came in full out costume but I think I'm going to throttle back, its a bit exhausting going in full tote
22539861_10155702009945561_1585680544642582766_n.jpg

Wow! Those are some great costumes!! What are you going as this year?

Anyone else got pictures??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter