Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

Any chance they will add more nights of Fantasmic if WOC is still down in September and October? We won't be there on the weekend and would love to see at least one of the two shows.
Anything is possible, but I'd be more inclined to guess that they'll keep PtN after Labor Day than add nights for F!. If they keep PtN, it's something they could offer non-MHP guests over in DCA to help with the crowds in that park. It will be interesting to see what ultimately happens. Perhaps because the extended WoC closure wasn't planned, they haven't completely decided what they want to do for nighttime entertainment during that Fall.

My dad and I are considering a one day trip for a Halloween Party while I'm back in the States in October, but I'm worried that as the day we're looking at is also going to be during the AZ fall break, the parks will be packed. It would be the 9 October party that we do...I'm just weighing up the cost versus how potentially miserable we would be from crowds. And I can't decide! I'd like to go into DCA first and do some of the rides there, but I assume everyone else will probably do the same thing?
As a PP said, the crowds at MHP probably won't be too bad, however, don't go expecting no crowds. Attractions probably won't be walk-on (at least not initially) and there will be lines for the party exclusive activities. Still, I don't think it's an unbearable level of crowds. That being said, I would go expecting pretty good sized crowds during the 3-hour overlap period. I don't think it's going to be capacity-level crowds, but there is usually a noticeable uptick in crowds during the overlap period.

I'm not sure if I believe it...but 10/12 is showing as sold out (again). We shall see if it's really sold out or if this is another glitch in the system...

Wow can't believe the 12th is sold out. Just bought my tickets for the October 23rd solo visit & 29th with friends. Hitting DL on my way to San Diego and then back from San Diego. I have one costume figured out which is Winnifred Sanderson (Hocus Pocus). Not sure about the other night. Depends on weather if it's cooler might do a non-disney and break out my Harry Potter or wear my skeleton dress again.

I'm not sure if I believe it...but 10/12 is showing as sold out (again)...

Wow. I wonder how the domino effect is going to work this year. Which date will be next and how soon?

ETA: someone posted on another board that they were unable to get MHP tickets for the 12th by phone. The CM said that there were no more tickets for that date, which is weird because usually when a party sells out online, there are some tickets still available by phone for a day or two.

Last edited:

Wow. I wonder how the domino effect is going to work this year. Which date will be next and how soon?

ETA: someone posted on another board that they were unable to get MHP tickets for the 12th by phone. The CM said that there were no more tickets for that date, which is weird because usually when a party sells out online, there are some tickets still available by phone for a day or two.

October 12 falls around a school holiday and 4 day weekend for our Oregon school district. So we bought tickets ASAP and it looks like that was a good move :)

If I were to guess, I'd guess that the next date likely to sell out is 10/5 because that's the Friday before Gay Days. Other than that, it seems like the Friday parties sell out before the weekday ones. I'm still a little surprised that the 12th sold out first...

I love how when purchasing the tickets, the drop down menu allows you to choose up to 10 tickets, but then you are told you can only purchase 8 at a time.

Question: I wasn't expecting to have to input names for party guests. Do they enforce this, or can tickets easily be used by someone else? The reason I ask is I am not certain who in my group will want to go.

Question: I wasn't expecting to have to input names for party guests. Do they enforce this, or can tickets easily be used by someone else? The reason I ask is I am not certain who in my group will want to go.
I just skipped that part. One ticket I put my name the other 2 I just left blank. But I don't think it will matter - they don't ask for your ID when you scan the tickets so I think you'll be fine.

Oh, I didn't know you could leave that blank! That makes me feel better about future purchases...

I just checked again and it says sold out. I wonder if they found more tickets, and sold out? Or the system glitched? I can't remember if this happened last year or not
You're right! It's showing as 'sold out' again. This morning, it was available, and I was able to put it in my cart. If anybody desperately wants that day, I would keep checking!

You're right! It's showing as 'sold out' again. This morning, it was available, and I was able to put it in my cart. If anybody desperately wants that day, I would keep checking!
We will be there that week. Booked our tickets for 10/9. Just wondering if there's something happening in SoCal or DL on 10/12 for the tickets to sell out?

We will be there that week. Booked our tickets for 10/9. Just wondering if there's something happening in SoCal or DL on 10/12 for the tickets to sell out?
Some of the other commenters mentioned fall breaks...on a blog I follow, someone mentioned that this is the last Friday before the price goes to $130.

Just a heads up, the October 12 Party is showing as available this morning. :scratchin

I just checked again and it says sold out. I wonder if they found more tickets, and sold out? Or the system glitched? I can't remember if this happened last year or not

This is crazy! And it is only happening for that date... What's strange is that someone reported that CMs on the phone said that date was sold out several days ago, so Disney's computers were showing it as sold out completely. So weird. This definitely didn't happen last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter