Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

How long are the wait times for rides during the party? Is it like a regular evening or less crowded because it’s a hard ticket event?

We have the choice between the first party on Wed 9/19 or Fri 9/21. Any thoughts on which one you would prefer?

How long are the wait times for rides during the party? Is it like a regular evening or less crowded because it’s a hard ticket event?

We have the choice between the first party on Wed 9/19 or Fri 9/21. Any thoughts on which one you would prefer?
There are still lines but significantly shorter than regular hours.My aunt and I were at DCA at 7 pm and waited for the non party people to leave DL. We got to DL around 7:30 and it was nice empty. CM's are at the entrance of the lands to make sure you have your wristband. The ride times I experienced were: 10 minutes for Space, Star Tours and Buzz were walk on (like the CM's were begging people to get on lol), Indy was 15 minutes, Haunted Mansion was 25 minutes, and pirates was 15 minutes. Big Thunder was sadly closed so we didn't do it then.

I personally prefer the Friday parties. I don't work Saturdays, so I can be out as late as I want. Also, I've seen others mention that the Friday parties (that begin at 7pm) seem longer and you have more time to do the party offerings.

When I did the party in 2016 just about every ride was a walk on except Space (running a posted 15-30 throughout the night) and Peter Pan. Haunted mansion was running a posted 15-20 most of the night but was a walk on at the end of the party.

I’m looking around for Halloween news... a few years ago we did the mystical spirits dinner at the B.B. and had seating for fireworks... I don’t see anything like that. Any rumors of fun extras coming?

Hi everyone! I'm attending MHP for the 1st time on 10/26 and am so excited as it'll only be my 2nd DL trip. I've been a WDW'er until visiting DL for the first time last November and fell in LOVE! Halloween is my favorite holiday and I've been to MNNSHP twice and knew my next trip to Anaheim had to be for the Halloween Party. Any particular tips for a 1st timer?

I’m looking around for Halloween news... a few years ago we did the mystical spirits dinner at the B.B. and had seating for fireworks... I don’t see anything like that. Any rumors of fun extras coming?
Special Dinner Package During Mickey’s Halloween Party
Savor a bewitching 3-course meal and then watch the Frightfully Fun Parade from a reserved viewing area.

The dreamlike ambience of this spirited eatery provides an ideal segue into an eerie evening parade, brimming with spooky spirits from the deepest bayous of New Orleans and beyond!

Package Details
  • What’s Included: a 3-course, prix fixe dinner (starter, entrée and dessert) at the Blue Bayou Restaurant and a voucher that provides access to the Frightfully Fun Parade reserved viewing area
  • Price: $72 per adult and $29 per child, plus tax and gratuity (discounts do not apply)
  • Special Event ticket for Mickey’s Halloween Party is required and not included in the price of this dining package
  • 2018 Dates: September 19, September 21, September 24, September 26, September 28; October 2, October 5, October 9, October 12, October 16, October 19, October 23, October 26, October 29 and October 31
Menu Highlights
Hungrier than a ravenous vampire? Our dreadfully delish menu will satisfy centuries-old ghouls and pumpkin lovers alike! Sink your fangs into 3 crypt-astic courses that include appetizers as well as entrees to die for—pan-seared salmon, roasted chicken breast, bone-in rib eye and herb-crusted rack of lamb, to name a few. And don’t forget to save some room for our devilishly divine desserts!

How to Book
Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made—online or by phone—up to 60 days in advance. Space is limited.

• To book online, use the Check Availability tool above to find a table.
  • To book by phone, call (714) 781-DINE or (714) 781-3463 between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM daily. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Please note: valid credit card is required at the time of booking. A $10 cancellation fee will be applied per person for all no-shows, or cancellations within 24 hours of the experience.

Know Before You Go

• A separate admission ticket to Mickey’s Halloween Party is required when making reservations for this Blue Bayou dining package.
  • One Frightfully Fun Parade reserved viewing area voucher is included with each dining package.
  • Each person in the party must purchase the prix fixe meal in order to obtain a voucher for access to the Frightfully Fun Parade reserved viewing areas.
  • You will receive your Frightfully Fun Parade voucher from the server or cashier upon paying for your meal at Blue Bayou.
  • The reserved Frightfully Fun Parade viewing areas are separate from the dining location.
  • Please ask a Cast Member if you need directions from the restaurant to the Frightfully Fun Parade reserved viewing areas.
  • Viewing areas are standing only, with accommodations for Guests with disabilities.
  • Frightfully Fun Parade can be cancelled due to technical issues or inclement weather without notice. Dinner packages will not be refunded.
Is this what you were looking for?

How long are the wait times for rides during the party? Is it like a regular evening or less crowded because it’s a hard ticket event? We have the choice between the first party on Wed 9/19 or Fri 9/21. Any thoughts on which one you would prefer?
I would go with the Friday night party because I felt like there was more ride time with low crowds after the fireworks finish. A good number of guests do leave the party after fireworks, so there is about 2 hours of time to try and do attractions with fairly short waits. The Wednesday parties only have about an hour or so after fireworks, which isn't that much time if you really think about it. On the Friday parties I've gone to, by the last hour or so, many of the attractions are near walk on, except Space (which was still running at about 30 minutes; when I got in line it said 15 minutes, but it ultimately took 30 minutes), Haunted Mansion (still about 15 minutes) and Peter Pan (I didn't try that one).

They only did the Mystical Spirits dinner that one year and since then it's been the Frightfully Fun Parade Package instead. They've got the description of the package on the Blue Bayou's dining page. While it's not clear, any reservation after 4:00 pm on the party day will be the dining package (it says "Mickey's Halloween Party Dinner Package at the Blue Bayou" when you make the reservation). We did the dining package the first year it was offered and it was fun. The viewing area for the parade was on Main Street (about half way down the street, first parade only) and offered a good view of the parade. That being said, I don't know that you need to get the dining package to get a good view the parade (especially if you go to the second parade).

I would go with the Friday night party because I felt like there was more ride time with low crowds after the fireworks finish. A good number of guests do leave the party after fireworks, so there is about 2 hours of time to try and do attractions with fairly short waits.

The problem with that logic is that AuntieKels has small children who likely won't last until after the fireworks. The advantage of the Wednesday party is that it starts earlier so park access is from 3pm instead of 4pm. Of course, with it being the first party there'll be kinks still to iron out and no trip reports. Don't know enough to give advice myself, sorry.

The more I think about it, I don't like the idea of wasting party time on a sit down dinner, even if it gets me preferred parade viewing.

Totally agree. You don't need to pay extra to get a decent spot at the parade and the food at BB is not that great in my experience. We want to spend our time having fun at the party. Not sitting around for an hour.

The more I think about it, I don't like the idea of wasting party time on a sit down dinner, even if it gets me preferred parade viewing.
The package starts at 4:00 pm, so if you got a reservation at that time and didn't request a waterside table, you could probably be done by 5:30 pm, which is technically before the start of the party. Assuming they have the Toontown Pre-Party, you would miss out on most of that. Still, that being said, I don't think you need the package to a get a good view of the parade, especially if you're willing to watch the second parade.

The problem with that logic is that AuntieKels has small children who likely won't last until after the fireworks. The advantage of the Wednesday party is that it starts earlier so park access is from 3pm instead of 4pm. Of course, with it being the first party there'll be kinks still to iron out and no trip reports. Don't know enough to give advice myself, sorry.
The party doesn't start until 6:00 pm, and during the overlap period, the lines for the attractions will be long because you'll have both day guests and MHP guests in the parks. I also didn't feel like the Wednesday parties were quite as efficient in terms of attraction lines. The party starts at 6:00 pm and for the first hour or so, you'll have day guests still in the attraction lines. The entertainment times didn't change, so the groups that don't leave until after fireworks were still there until closer to the end of the party (so there was only one hour after fireworks instead of two hours). It's hard to explain, but the Friday night parties seemed to have more "good" ride time after the bulk of the party exclusive entertainment had finished.

The party doesn't start until 6:00 pm, and during the overlap period, the lines for the attractions will be long because you'll have both day guests and MHP guests in the parks. I also didn't feel like the Wednesday parties were quite as efficient in terms of attraction lines. The party starts at 6:00 pm and for the first hour or so, you'll have day guests still in the attraction lines. The entertainment times didn't change, so the groups that don't leave until after fireworks were still there until closer to the end of the party (so there was only one hour after fireworks instead of two hours). It's hard to explain, but the Friday night parties seemed to have more "good" ride time after the bulk of the party exclusive entertainment had finished.

Oh, I agree. It's why I'm booked for the friday party instead of the midweek one for my trip after advice from the forum. But that advice doesn't work for the PP who has very small children who might not make it to fireworks nevermind time for rides in the two hours after. In this case, if the family are looking at the party, then the Wednesday might be a better choice since their access to the park will be earlier even if it is crowded. But it's down to personal choice and the Friday is still a valid option.

It looks like MHP could be an option for us so I’m way behind on this years MHP! Does much change year to year? We went for the first time last year so would the parade and fireworks be different?

When are the Mickey Halloween Teas announced? Do all the dates get released around once? Thanks!

two cents the dinner package is not worth it as the 2nd parade showing is alwayssssss empty. also for busy days at MHP I recommend getting into the park early orrr not exiting the park and getting your band at one of the designated stations. I made the mistake last year of going full ham on my costume and came back to the park around 6 but lines by that time were basically back to the ticket booths in the middle between the parks. also I really hoping since news got dropped of DCA world of color "villainous" segment that they are doing it for October this year.

Just making sure I'm understanding all of the Halloween Party information:

For a Friday party, we can enter either Park at 4PM.

The Halloween Party begins at 7PM at DL.

Nothing will be going on at DCA as far as the Halloween Party.

If anyone wanted to, could they go back and forth between the two Parks during the party?

Just making sure I'm understanding all of the Halloween Party information:

For a Friday party, we can enter either Park at 4PM.

The Halloween Party begins at 7PM at DL.

Nothing will be going on at DCA as far as the Halloween Party.

If anyone wanted to, could they go back and forth between the two Parks during the party?
Correct. And yes, you can park hop all night if you would like.

What kinds of treats do they give out if you are attending the party?
In 2016 I came home with M&Ms (regular and peanut), Reese's, Hershey's (Hershey's milk chocolate, KitKat's), Snickers, Peeps, and a bunch of other name brand candy.

They also give out Apple Crisps and baby carrots at some of the stops.

Between my dad and I we got about 15lbs of candy, we did each of the treat trails they had once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter