Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

This year will be my first time going to the party. We are going on a Friday. About what time can I expect the second parade? Also, if we arrive at 4pm with our paper print out tickets from online, if we go straight to DCA, will they still give us the wrist band? Or do we need to "check in" at DL first? I'm just thinking I'd like to grab dinner in DCA first.

I don't think you can get the wrist bands in DCA but you don't need them over there anyway. You will get them when yo come back over to DL.

If you are in the park, where are the stations where you can get your wrist band? Seems like I remember one being at the pin shop in Frontierland.

This year will be my first time going to the party. We are going on a Friday. About what time can I expect the second parade? Also, if we arrive at 4pm with our paper print out tickets from online, if we go straight to DCA, will they still give us the wrist band? Or do we need to "check in" at DL first? I'm just thinking I'd like to grab dinner in DCA first.

If everything remains the same as in past years, you will need to check in at DL first. There will be designated "special event" turnstiles where you will go with your print out. The CM will exchange that for a paper ticket. Another CM will give you a wristband (different color for each party date). Then you will go to different CMs for maps and TOT bags. After that you can head for DCA to eat and return to DL whenever you'd like.

What kinds of treats do they give out if you are attending the party?
Last year we got M&M's (peanut and plain), Kit-Kats, 100 Grand Bars, Crunch Bars, Skittles, Reese's PB Cups, Snickers, Twix, Almond Joy, Hershey Bars (white and chocolate), Milky Ways, Achoos, Pirate's Booty, Nerds, Laffy Taffy, Starbursts, Sour Patch Kids, Butterfingers, Peanut Chews, Nerds, Sour Straws, Apple Slices, Peeps, Baby Ruths, and some other non-candy items.

This year will be my first time going to the party. We are going on a Friday. About what time can I expect the second parade?
Last year, the second parade was at 10:30 pm.

If you are in the park, where are the stations where you can get your wrist band? Seems like I remember one being at the pin shop in Frontierland.
Last year the in-park check-in location was over at the old Starcade building, but in past years it was over by Frontierland. Hopefully guests at the first party will report back on Wednesday, so that by the Friday party we'll know where the in-park location is and whether or not there is a Toontown Pre-Party.

On an unrelated note...I just noticed a small blurb about special offerings for AP holders on the MHP website:
Annual Passholders: Discover Mickey’s Halloween Party Perks
Get into the spirit—we’ve conjured up some wickedly wonderful goodies for our Annual Passholders!

Simply hop a broom and head to Starcade in Tomorrowland, where you can enjoy an extra special trick-or-treat station and receive a commemorative gift for stopping by. Just bring your valid Annual Passport and Mickey’s Halloween Party admission ticket... and don’t forget your sweet tooth!

Hopefully guests at the first party will report back on Wednesday, so that by the Friday party we'll know where the in-park location is and whether or not there is a Toontown Pre-Party.

We'll be going to MHP for the first time on opening night, September 19 - if they have the Toontown Pre-Party for character pictures will that be something they put on the party map and schedule or one of those things you just need to know happens and be ready for? And if so, how early do people start lining up (they start the Pre-Party at 5PM for a 6PM party night, right?) and where?

Thanks for helping the newbies out!

We'll be going to MHP for the first time on opening night, September 19 - if they have the Toontown Pre-Party for character pictures will that be something they put on the party map and schedule or one of those things you just need to know happens and be ready for? And if so, how early do people start lining up (they start the Pre-Party at 5PM for a 6PM party night, right?) and where?

Thanks for helping the newbies out!

The TT pre-party is usually not announced, nor is it on the schedule. Most people find out here, on other boards, or through word of mouth. It has been getting more and more crowded every year. The line starts just outside the entrance to TT, by IASW. There will be CMs there looking for wristbands and guiding guests into lines. As the time for the pre-party gets closer, the lines will be allowed to form closer to TT -- moving up under the bridge and up to the TT entrance. If you wait until the start of the pre-party (runs from one hour before to one hour after the official start of MHP), there shouldn't be a line and you'll be able to walk right in.

The TT pre-party is usually not announced, nor is it on the schedule. Most people find out here, on other boards, or through word of mouth. It has been getting more and more crowded every year. The line starts just outside the entrance to TT, by IASW. There will be CMs there looking for wristbands and guiding guests into lines. As the time for the pre-party gets closer, the lines will be allowed to form closer to TT -- moving up under the bridge and up to the TT entrance. If you wait until the start of the pre-party (runs from one hour before to one hour after the official start of MHP), there shouldn't be a line and you'll be able to walk right in.

That's very helpful - thank you!

Last year we got M&M's (peanut and plain), Kit-Kats, 100 Grand Bars, Crunch Bars, Skittles, Reese's PB Cups, Snickers, Twix, Almond Joy, Hershey Bars (white and chocolate), Milky Ways, Achoos, Pirate's Booty, Nerds, Laffy Taffy, Starbursts, Sour Patch Kids, Butterfingers, Peanut Chews, Nerds, Sour Straws, Apple Slices, Peeps, Baby Ruths, and some other non-candy items.

On an unrelated note...I just noticed a small blurb about special offerings for AP holders on the MHP website:

Is there anything special for Disney Visa or DVC?

I don't recall any special offerings for the Disney Visa or DVC guests (except a discount on tickets for select nights - same ones as AP holders).

You can go straight to DCA with your (paper or electronic)Halloween Tickets. You won't get your wristband, map or candy bag until you head over to DL but they aren't needed for DCA. I did this last year as we hadn't planned a day in DCA. We did 3 hours in DCA then headed over for the start of the party. Expect lines to at DCA. Last year they looked longer than the DL Party lines.

Does the monorail run during the party? If not how about the 3 hours of cross over time with general guests in the park?

I don't recall what time the monorail stopped running, but I don't think it going during the party. I looked at last year's guide and it's not listed under attractions. (In past years, the platform was used as a treat trail, but I can't recall if that was the case last year or not).

I really want to try to go to MNSSHP this year!! It will be my first time!
Weird question though, I wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom as village Belle from Beauty and the Beast, but I'm worried they might deny me entrance because of some of my resemblances to Belle.....like I am going to try my best to look like her, and I have the hair color and style for it, but I don't want to go as her if they are going to kick me out for looking too much like a princess. Lol. I dont want to confuse any little kids, ya know what I mean?

I really want to try to go to MNSSHP this year!! It will be my first time!
Weird question though, I wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom as village Belle from Beauty and the Beast, but I'm worried they might deny me entrance because of some of my resemblances to Belle.....like I am going to try my best to look like her, and I have the hair color and style for it, but I don't want to go as her if they are going to kick me out for looking too much like a princess. Lol. I dont want to confuse any little kids, ya know what I mean?
You might want to ask this on the TPAS board since this thread is for MHP at Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter