Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

yeah - did you have a hard time getting your time you wanted? I'm marking my calendar to call in the 60 day mark to make reservations.

I didn’t have a particular time that we needed so I took the first time slot available which was noon. Good luck on getting the time you need!!

HELP! Just found out I'm going to Mickey's Halloween Party September 19th. It was not originally in our family's plan for our Disneyland trip but somehow it came up and we decided its unlikely we will ever be back that time of the year again, so we are going! Will be taking two little girls (10) & (7) it is their first time to Disneyland overall, my third. I have never been to any of the parties so just wondering what to expect really? We will have visited Disneyland at least one day prior to the party and then have two other days (to split between Disneyland/CA). So 3 full days + the party time. I have spent a lot of time researching MNSHP in Disney World (going next year) but was not expecting this one so I have no clue! I have read a few reviews to know that it is somewhat different then the Florida one but just looking for....

...any MUST DO's, tips/tricks, special characters? Do they bring special treats out? Any help would be appreciated!

HELP! Just found out I'm going to Mickey's Halloween Party September 19th. It was not originally in our family's plan for our Disneyland trip but somehow it came up and we decided its unlikely we will ever be back that time of the year again, so we are going! Will be taking two little girls (10) & (7) it is their first time to Disneyland overall, my third. I have never been to any of the parties so just wondering what to expect really? We will have visited Disneyland at least one day prior to the party and then have two other days (to split between Disneyland/CA). So 3 full days + the party time. I have spent a lot of time researching MNSHP in Disney World (going next year) but was not expecting this one so I have no clue! I have read a few reviews to know that it is somewhat different then the Florida one but just looking for....

...any MUST DO's, tips/tricks, special characters? Do they bring special treats out? Any help would be appreciated!
Since you guys have parks days, maybe you can use the Halloween Party to focus on the exclusive party offerings like Parade, Fireworks, Trick or Treating, Cadaver Dans,etc. Blue Bayou has a special Halloween dinner.

Do a search on this forum for Mickey's Halloween Party 2017 to find information about and reviews (with photos) of last year's parties. (The search bar is in the upper right corner, just under your name.) That will give you a good idea of what to expect. Of course, there are always changes that happen every year, but the basic pattern of the parties doesn't change significantly from year to year.

Last edited:
I feel like the parties aren’t selling out as fast as previous years...am I just crazy? We’re only about 40 days out from the first one

Do a search on this forum for Mickey's Halloween Party 2017 to find information about and reviews (with photos) of last year's parties. (The search bar is in the upper right corner, just under your name.) That will give you a good idea of what to expect. Of course, there are always changes that happen every year, but the basic pattern of the parties doesn't change significantly from year to year.

Thank you for this! :)

I feel like the parties aren’t selling out as fast as previous years...am I just crazy? We’re only about 40 days out from the first one
From what I understand and remember, last years parties sold out in record time. That was my first year going. I bought tickets for the Friday the 13th party at midnight when they came out..I think 4 or 5 days later they sold out. I wonder if that caused people to just jump and buy tickets ASAP since they were going so fast right at the beginning.

AAAHHH! Just sat down to start planning our dining reservations and realized I bought tickets for the 10/2 party. We don't arrive to DL until 10/8. No shot at them changing the dates. Anyone interested in the tickets I have for 10/2? I have the electronic tickets ready go. Looks like I'll be buying them for 10/9 asap.

Are there "Party-Only" treats offered? I know they have lots of Halloween snacks just for the season, but I didn't know if there was anything party specific.

From what I understand and remember, last years parties sold out in record time. That was my first year going. I bought tickets for the Friday the 13th party at midnight when they came out..I think 4 or 5 days later they sold out. I wonder if that caused people to just jump and buy tickets ASAP since they were going so fast right at the beginning.
Hey if they don’t sell out even light party crowds huh??? One can only dream

Tickets went on sale a lot earlier this year (June 5/12 compared to July 17/24 in 2017). The same two parties sold out early last year and this year. The rest of the parties in 2017 didn't start to sell out until mid-to-late August. My guess is that this year will be similar; we'll start to see more days sell out as it comes closer to the start of HalloweenTime.

How strict are they for costumes re: can not touch the floor. So for example, if I wanted to do a disney princess gown, and it is still a few inches off the ground, am i good?
If it still a couple inches off the ground, you should be alright. My friends and I have been the 3 Good Fairies and Maleficient for 5 years now and our skirts touch the ground and we have never had issues with CMs regarding that. I will say, depending on what princess gown you are choosing and what kind of undergarments you get (crinoline vs. hoop skirt, etc.) if may be more difficult to get on and off rides. We have very full skirts that are held up by tulle crinolines that can be collapsed and folded in on themselves. We don't have a ton of issues although SM is always a little tricky just because of how little time that you have to get into your seat and get situated. Hoopskirts will definitely be more of a hassle and something that you will want to think about.

Here's a picture just so you understand what we look like and are wearing.

Attachments

• 22549659_10156678120038709_1422128332633174185_n.jpg
    22549659_10156678120038709_1422128332633174185_n.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 44
Tickets went on sale a lot earlier this year (June 5/12 compared to July 17/24 in 2017). The same two parties sold out early last year and this year. The rest of the parties in 2017 didn't start to sell out until mid-to-late August. My guess is that this year will be similar; we'll start to see more days sell out as it comes closer to the start of HalloweenTime.
I just felt like last year we had 4 or 5 sold out at the one month before Halloweentime mark. With the earlier on sale date this year I figured more would be by now.

Price is higher this year, too. And it's always possible that Disney increased the number of tickets available.

What I do find interesting is I’ve seen so many people bring up the fact that with WDW you can plan so far in advance. This year DL moving up the on sale date a month seemed to have no effect at all as far as selling quicker.

I kind of feel like there is always an initial rush of people buying MHP tickets as soon as they go on sale and then things slow down for a bit. Selling earlier meant this first rush happened earlier, but I'm not surprised it hasn't translated to everything happening earlier. It might be because DLR is still, at this point, more of a less-planning-required-type place, so a good number of people aren't really thinking about their Halloween trips yet. They're thinking of last summer vacation travel, getting school supplies, starting school, etc. Even the DLR ads are still more focused on Pixar Fest and the remainder of summer. Once summer ends and folks start thinking about Halloween is when the ticket sales will pick back up.

With WDW, the whole trip planning has to begin a lot earlier. Dining reservations open up 180-days in advance (and you have to be ready to make them as soon as you can if you want the really popular locations and/or prime times), FP opens 60-days in advance to onsite guests (again, the most popular attractions fill up quickly), etc. So for a lot of guests, they need/want to know when the MNSSHP will be, so they can plan their park days accordingly (either to go to MNSSHP or to avoid it).

AAAHHH! Just sat down to start planning our dining reservations and realized I bought tickets for the 10/2 party. We don't arrive to DL until 10/8. No shot at them changing the dates. Anyone interested in the tickets I have for 10/2? I have the electronic tickets ready go. Looks like I'll be buying them for 10/9 asap.

Just to be clear: DIS Boards does not allow monetary transactions on these boards. And MHP tickets state that they are not for resale, are non-transferable, and are non-refundable. So you can give them to someone as a gift (lucky someone!) or donate them to a charity as a tax deductible donation. (If you don't have a favorite charity in mind, try contacting Children's Hospital of Orange County, aka CHOC.)

Last edited:
Just to be clear: DIS Boards does not allow monetary transactions on these boards. And MHP tickets state that they are not for resale, are non-transferable, and are non-refundable. So you can give them to someone as a gift (lucky someone!) or donate them to a charity as a tax deductible donation. (If you don't have a favorite charity in mind, try contacting Children's Hospital of Orange County, aka CHOC.)
I love the donation idea! I never would have thought of that. Such a great way to turn an unfortunate mistake into a blessing for someone in need.

Last edited by a moderator:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter