March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! Threadjackers take over the world!

Nope, not good enough. Can't compute - need more data. :confused3

D~ <---- who just posted something you've been anxious to see in my PTR. :thumbsup2

I just saw! :scared1:

When will you be shipping it to me? :lmao::rotfl2:

And that's all you get for now. B'wahahahahaha!

Liddy <~~ who needs to stop fawning over the villians

Nope, not good enough. Can't compute - need more data. :confused3

D~ <---- who just posted something you've been anxious to see in my PTR. :thumbsup2

Seriously D~!!!!! OMGeeeeee! I want one! Are you planning to mass market these puppies or what??? If not, you are the worst tease EVER! :lmao:

Buckle fracture! That's what he said. I couldn't recall the name of the fracture. Thanks!

Our school doesn't have any zip lines ... they were just playing and a little boy pushed her down. Well, knocked her down (accidentally) I'm sure. She says pushed. Who knows. :confused3 But she does state it was an accident -- he's the sweetest boy she knows (but not the cutest). :rotfl2:

She'll have hers off in 4 weeks ... We go back 11/30 for it to be checked (and removal, I'm sure). I would have chose purple ... its my favorite color. I always thought Pink and Purple were DD's because she fights me for those colors. Now I know she just doesn't want me to have my favorite. :lmao::rotfl:

I do not look forward to the 4 weeks of shoe tying, hair washing, etc. We started practicing over the weekend. :lmao: But now I have to keep the cast dry! :scared1:

I may make more changes ... but I'm pretty excited about most of my ADRs. There's only one that I'd be okay with changing ... well, two actually. So we'll see. Can't wait to see what you're into now! :goodvibes

I think we had a 2-week check and then 2 weeks later the removal. The fracture was SO small that the E/R doctor missed it...but the E/R physicians assistant who read the x-ray found it! The P/A told my DH about the fracture, then the DOC came in to say she was fine...and my DH said maybe you need to talk to the P/A...very interesting. So hopefully your DD will heal quickly as well. It is supposed to be a very common injury in kids and children's tylenol was our best friend for a while...and even after it was off and still a bit sore she was still taking it.

With regards to keeping it dry...I was using a gallon ziploc baggie and rubberbands...and then a friend (whose DD had a similar incident a year ago) dropped this off for me:

Cast Protector

Let me tell you, it was awesome. You may want to look into it!

Can I join in your fun too? I'm new on DIS and new to the whole World, having only been when I was very small, and love to get new ideas for our Feb trip. I love your style....I am a crazy spreadsheet planner too. I have one Excel sheet just for meals, one for daily plans, one for hours, etc...

And can I just say how frickin adorable your kids are?! Love them! My DS will be 5 when we go and I am very nervous about him liking the rides. DH isn't a ride person, so I am counting on DS to go with me ;) But hey, if he doesn't like them....single rider lines are shorter, right? :laughing:

I think we had a 2-week check and then 2 weeks later the removal. The fracture was SO small that the E/R doctor missed it...but the E/R physicians assistant who read the x-ray found it! The P/A told my DH about the fracture, then the DOC came in to say she was fine...and my DH said maybe you need to talk to the P/A...very interesting. So hopefully your DD will heal quickly as well. It is supposed to be a very common injury in kids and children's tylenol was our best friend for a while...and even after it was off and still a bit sore she was still taking it.

With regards to keeping it dry...I was using a gallon ziploc baggie and rubberbands...and then a friend (whose DD had a similar incident a year ago) dropped this off for me:

Cast Protector

Let me tell you, it was awesome. You may want to look into it!

We don't go back until her 4 week appointment. So no checks in between. :confused3 The Ortho doctor said she'd wear it for 3-4 weeks, so I'm sure it'll come off then.

When she was getting cast, there was a note that they had waterproof ones available. I asked about it, and the nurse said that it was honestly better (and cheaper) to buy the protector. She said that one of our pharmacies had them, 2 to a bag and reuseable, for about $15. I don't know how closely they are to the one you linked, but even that one was cheaper than getting the waterproof cast! (So thanks for the link!!!)

I definitely need to look into it. That way, she can have a little more privacy in the shower. :lmao:

They told us to take Ibuprofen -- they said it also helps with swelling. I keep both in my house, as sometimes the doctor will have them on both meds at the same time (not taking them at on the same hour -- but staggered). So we stocked up more on Ibuprofen since we'd be using it mostly. I think Tylenol seems to work better for pain ... but she keeps swelling. :confused3

Thankfully, her buckle was spot easily. And when he told me what I was looking for (on her x-ray), I could spot it as well. It wasn't a massive notice ... but I could totally see what he was saying about the fracture when he described how it should look versus what it looks like now.

So I'm glad that your DD's was very minor -- but I do hate that it was missed (but thankful it was found!).

Can I join in your fun too? I'm new on DIS and new to the whole World, having only been when I was very small, and love to get new ideas for our Feb trip. I love your style....I am a crazy spreadsheet planner too. I have one Excel sheet just for meals, one for daily plans, one for hours, etc...

And can I just say how frickin adorable your kids are?! Love them! My DS will be 5 when we go and I am very nervous about him liking the rides. DH isn't a ride person, so I am counting on DS to go with me ;) But hey, if he doesn't like them....single rider lines are shorter, right? :laughing:

:welcome:
The more the merrier, I always say! :goodvibes

Oh, and :welcome: to the DIS! I'd join DIS-Anonymous ... but I swear I don't have a problem. :lmao::rotfl2:

Your spreadsheet sounds like mine ... it currently has 6 tabs on it ... but that's a different story for a different day. :rotfl:

Thanks for the compliment on the kids! I must say, I'm a bit fond of them. :love:

If I may offer a piece of advice that worked for my DD (she was 7 or 8 at the time) ... If you can part from the element of surprise for rides, I recommend going to youtube (or similar) and searching for videos of any rides your DS may be anxious about. This got DD over her fear of "thrill" rides, and now she's a junkie (her fave ride is ToT). It hasn't helped my DS, but he has at least tried some of them.

You can also try to make the "let's attempt everything once" rule -- so long as its clear up front on what to expect from the ride (it might be scary, dark, etc).

Those are just my suggestions though ... It worked for DD, but not for DS.

And yes, single rider lines are great! I think anyway ... DD insists on riding everything now, so I don't get to experience that. :laughing:

I hope your DS will join you on rides! And if you go when SWSA is still open, ride once for me. :sad: (I'm not sure when in February you're going) Do you have a TR going? And I'm jealous that you're going to the Poly!!!! :cloud9:

Seriously D~!!!!! OMGeeeeee! I want one! Are you planning to mass market these puppies or what??? If not, you are the worst tease EVER! :lmao:

I wish I could afford to mass market them... I can make a few here and there, but they would be expensive because of all the details, so I am sure no one would want them. I am thinking about making the pattern available for purchase though (not a clue how to do that - but I am sure I could figure it out).

I am glad you like it though - it was super fun to make and I can't wait to take it for a test drive! :lovestruc

I was going to welcome you to this here PTR (because I sometimes get confused as to whose PTR I am in - LOL) - but then that would really be hijacking... so I'll just welcome you to The Dis. :lovestruc

D~

I wish I could afford to mass market them... I can make a few here and there, but they would be expensive because of all the details, so I am sure no one would want them. I am thinking about making the pattern available for purchase though (not a clue how to do that - but I am sure I could figure it out).

I am glad you like it though - it was super fun to make and I can't wait to take it for a test drive! :lovestruc

I was going to welcome you to this here PTR (because I sometimes get confused as to whose PTR I am in - LOL) - but then that would really be hijacking... so I'll just welcome you to The Dis. :lovestruc

D~

TK and Corrine aren't here ... so I need someone to hijack for me! :lmao::rotfl2: :lmao::rotfl2: :lmao::rotfl2:

If I may offer a piece of advice that worked for my DD (she was 7 or 8 at the time) ... If you can part from the element of surprise for rides, I recommend going to youtube (or similar) and searching for videos of any rides your DS may be anxious about. This got DD over her fear of "thrill" rides, and now she's a junkie (her fave ride is ToT). It hasn't helped my DS, but he has at least tried some of them.

I hope your DS will join you on rides! And if you go when SWSA is still open, ride once for me. :sad: (I'm not sure when in February you're going) Do you have a TR going? And I'm jealous that you're going to the Poly!!!! :cloud9:

I have watched almost all the rides on Youtube, just to figure out which ones I will take him on. I am bummed that both Thunder Mtn and Dumbo are going to be closed while we are there :sad2: But I know we will still have an amazing time.
Okay, I have tried to work it out, but I can't...what is SWSA? We are going Feb 4-11. I have started a PTR, but don't know how to link to it. Can you just go to my profile and search it that way? Its called First trip...Feb 2012....Poly...Yay! No followers yet :eek: Would love some advice!

D~

Awww...thanks! You DISers are so nice! So glad to be a part of this community. Only wish I had found it sooner :hug:

I have watched almost all the rides on Youtube, just to figure out which ones I will take him on. I am bummed that both Thunder Mtn and Dumbo are going to be closed while we are there :sad2: But I know we will still have an amazing time.
Okay, I have tried to work it out, but I can't...what is SWSA? We are going Feb 4-11. I have started a PTR, but don't know how to link to it. Can you just go to my profile and search it that way? Its called First trip...Feb 2012....Poly...Yay! No followers yet :eek: Would love some advice!

I'm sad that BTMRR will be closed on our visit as well ... but from what I understand, Dumbo will be moved in time for ours. I'll ride it once for you. :goodvibes (Granted, I've YET to ride Dumbo ... so it would be my first. Shame, I know!)

SWSA = Snow White's Scary Adventures

I'll totally search for your PTR and follow you! :goodvibes

I see that someone showed you how to put a link to your PTR in your signature. :woohoo:

You link in threads much the same way ... just click the globe with the "chain links" (looks like glasses to me), and voila! I usually remove the highlighted text (which is the link information) and type out my own details. That way, the link says whatever I force it to say. I'm mean to those links like that. They can do it my way or the highway. :lmao::rotfl2:

Yes, I'm very full of myself. I know, I know. :sad2:

Awww...thanks! You DISers are so nice! So glad to be a part of this community. Only wish I had found it sooner :hug:

I feel ya! I wished I had found this in time for my first trip in 2009. It would have made a HUGE difference! :goodvibes

You link in threads much the same way ... just click the globe with the "chain links" (looks like glasses to me), and voila! I usually remove the highlighted text (which is the link information) and type out my own details. That way, the link says whatever I force it to say. I'm mean to those links like that. They can do it my way or the highway. :lmao::rotfl2:

:cool1:Thanks! I got that darn link to cooperate now! Yay, I'm learning! :cool1:

:cool1:Thanks! I got that darn link to cooperate now! Yay, I'm learning! :cool1:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

If you need to know anything else, please don't hesitate to ask. You can PM or comment. Lots of friendly people who will show you the ropes! :goodvibes

Well, homework is all finished, and I have some time to kill ... so ... here's another update! :goodvibes

Earlier, you saw a peek of my spreadsheet. Today, you get to see a bit more. It's still a peek (since you can see I still have many rows hidden -- as well as a column).

This includes all of our ADRs and tentative food options (CS and snacks). I'll be honest ... nothing is in stone until we actually accomplish something, so any of this can change at any given moment -- with or without notice. :lmao:

For the CS and snack options, I just listed the most likely places we would try. We are more than open for suggestions on non-ADR food stuff!

disneyschedule2.jpg

As you can see ... the only repeats are 50s PTC and Kona Cafe (granted, we had Kona for dinner, so breakfast is all new).

Out of all the ADRs, I'd love to ditch Tusker House. The menu doesn't sound appealing to me. But I did book lunch so we'd have a character meal. Really, the only non-character meals we have are the repeats. :lmao:

I'm probably most excited for CP and 1900 PF. :lovestruc

Upcoming:
Individual posts for each day with details
Mini TRs
Dining posts
Info on my upcoming "park" bag
Trivia and other games
Miscellaneous stuff that I'm too tired to consider thinking about

Well, homework is all finished, and I have some time to kill ... so ... here's another update! :goodvibes

Earlier, you saw a peek of my spreadsheet. Today, you get to see a bit more. It's still a peek (since you can see I still have many rows hidden -- as well as a column).

This includes all of our ADRs and tentative food options (CS and snacks). I'll be honest ... nothing is in stone until we actually accomplish something, so any of this can change at any given moment -- with or without notice. :lmao:

For the CS and snack options, I just listed the most likely places we would try. We are more than open for suggestions on non-ADR food stuff!

th_disneyschedule2.jpg

As you can see ... the only repeats are 50s PTC and Kona Cafe (granted, we had Kona for dinner, so breakfast is all new).

Out of all the ADRs, I'd love to ditch Tusker House. The menu doesn't sound appealing to me. But I did book lunch so we'd have a character meal. Really, the only non-character meals we have are the repeats. :lmao:

I'm probably most excited for CP and 1900 PF. :lovestruc

Upcoming:
Individual posts for each day with details
Mini TRs
Dining posts
Info on my upcoming "park" bag
Trivia and other games
Miscellaneous stuff that I'm too tired to consider thinking about

WOW!!! Look at all those I got right!!! :rolleyes1 I was gonna guess 1900 PF too - and I didn't. Oh well, I can't be right 100% of the time. :rotfl2:

I really think you should be looking forward to TH - I've never eaten there - but I have ADRs for Breakfast and Lunch, because my fav guy is there - really, who cares about the food? :confused3

D~

WOW!!! Look at all those I got right!!! :rolleyes1 I was gonna guess 1900 PF too - and I didn't. Oh well, I can't be right 100% of the time. :rotfl2:

I really think you should be looking forward to TH - I've never eaten there - but I have ADRs for Breakfast and Lunch, because my fav guy is there - really, who cares about the food? :confused3

D~

Wait ... I thought you already said that you were always right, 110% of the time. :confused3

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm totally looking forward to seeing Donald ... but the menu is less than desireable. DH insisted we eat there, so I made a deal -- it was lunch with Donald and not dinner (like DH asked). I mean .... how can we truly party with Donald if we don't get to see him? :confused3 So he agreed. He's soooo not happy with the character meals, but I offered to change any he didn't like. The menus have kept him from asking for any changes. :cloud9:

I guess worst case scenario ... if I don't care for the TH food, I can head over to FTBBQ and grab a bite. Yum! (And I don't even like BBQ!)

I think I would have preferred breakfast there ... but DH insisted on the lunch/dinner menu. I can't say no to DH. Especially since he allows me to be NUTS over WDW. :woohoo:

We originally had TH scheduled too, but we too were iffy on the food as well as the crowd level. We changed ours to Sanaa on AK day. Lots of great reviews for this restaurant and it has a savannah view~ :thumbsup2

You must let us know if you enjoy TH...maybe next time for us. :confused3

We originally had TH scheduled too, but we too were iffy on the food as well as the crowd level. We changed ours to Sanaa on AK day. Lots of great reviews for this restaurant and it has a savannah view~ :thumbsup2

You must let us know if you enjoy TH...maybe next time for us. :confused3

I wouldn't mind trying Sanaa, but then I'm back in the same boat. :lmao:

I'm sure we'll enjoy it, and I'm sure I'll find something there that's absolutely DELISH. Just gotta relax a bit and not stress over it. :cloud9:

And I'll definitely be doing a TR with dining reviews (and pictures). So you can hear all about it then. (And if we meet up on the 8th, I can let you know as well. :rotfl2: If I'm hungry.. then maybe it wasn't a good choice for me. :laughing:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter