March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! Threadjackers take over the world!

I dread packing ... I'm not sure how to pack for March just yet. The weather here is so unpredictable during that time, so I'm sure it's that way everywhere. But we'll figure it out closer to time, right?

My camera is getting old. She still works just fine, so I'm not really replacing her ... but I'd like to upgrade. So I could use some suggestions from you DISers for a great (small) camera. I'm currently using a pink Sony Cyber-Shot 7.2 megapixels. I'm cheap, so I don't want to spend much. (Bonus points for one in purple or pink.) I'm happy with it, but it's time for something new. And if I don't find something, then no worries. I was kind of hoping to have DD carry my camera and I'll carry the new one. Then there's chances of pictures of ME on the camera. :lmao:

The past two years I've not taken a bag into the park. (Well, 1.5 years -- as I used one for half of our 2010 trip, but not the other half.) It was so nice skipping the bag checks and just waltzing in like I owned the place. But I think I'm going to invest in one of the Vera Mini Hipsters. What color fabric do you like?

Anyway, talk amongst yourselves. I want lots of feedback! Packing list will get posted closer to packing day. :goodvibes

Hmmm...I haven't thought that much about packing. We've gone in January before, which was tough for packing but worked out. I haven't done February or March since 1997 but I seem to recall pretty nice weather then so hopefully we'll get the same! :goodvibes

I'm going to chime in with a camera suggestion and pretty much agree with another poster...Canon Elph. Honestly ANY Canon Elph will do. I've owned several models over the last 10 years and I would happily purchase ANY of them again! I have given older Canon Elphs to my kids and while they are ALMOST difficult to damage my kids did manage to break one. However I sold the BROKEN one on Ebay...for parts...getting a little money for it and then purchased another older model Canon for them to use.

Right now I have the Canon Elph SD750 and would LOVE to upgrade to a more recent one...but honestly my current Elph still works GREAT. The only reason I want a different one is the newer ones are just a LITTLE BIT smaller and would fit better in my current camera case...thus allowing me to cram more stuff into the small camera case. :rotfl:

I try to avoid carrying a bag to the parks now that I don't need to any longer as the kids are older...simply to also breeze through security and lines on rides where they require bags to be stored. So that means I also can't offer any help on your new bag purchase. I have a Ful Sling Bag that I usually use in the Disney Parks and I cram as much as I can into that one! It is a cool white and blue flower pattern though. :)

Hmmm...I haven't thought that much about packing. We've gone in January before, which was tough for packing but worked out. I haven't done February or March since 1997 but I seem to recall pretty nice weather then so hopefully we'll get the same! :goodvibes

I'm hoping for nice weather. I just know around here, its unpredictable. One day it could snow, the next day it's upper 80s. It's insane! :scared1:

I've looked at historic weather ... but its still hard to weigh packing on that. I'll just pack later than I'm used to I suppose. :confused3

I'm going to chime in with a camera suggestion and pretty much agree with another poster...Canon Elph. Honestly ANY Canon Elph will do. I've owned several models over the last 10 years and I would happily purchase ANY of them again! I have given older Canon Elphs to my kids and while they are ALMOST difficult to damage my kids did manage to break one. However I sold the BROKEN one on Ebay...for parts...getting a little money for it and then purchased another older model Canon for them to use.

Right now I have the Canon Elph SD750 and would LOVE to upgrade to a more recent one...but honestly my current Elph still works GREAT. The only reason I want a different one is the newer ones are just a LITTLE BIT smaller and would fit better in my current camera case...thus allowing me to cram more stuff into the small camera case. :rotfl:

Awesome, will definitely have to look into it! :goodvibes

I try to avoid carrying a bag to the parks now that I don't need to any longer as the kids are older...simply to also breeze through security and lines on rides where they require bags to be stored. So that means I also can't offer any help on your new bag purchase. I have a Ful Sling Bag that I usually use in the Disney Parks and I cram as much as I can into that one! It is a cool white and blue flower pattern though. :)

I love the freedom of not having the bag ... but my pockets stay so full because of it. Usually when we make a purchase, I feel a bit better. :lmao: I have somewhere to toss my camera. I'm still not 100% I'll have a "park bag" this year ... we'll just have to see. If DD's asthma is acting up, we'll HAVE to take a bag so I can bring her inhaler. If her asthma is doing well, then we'll just wait and see I guess. :confused3

I decided to go ahead and post my current "week at a glance" information. This is a sneak peek of my Excel spreadsheet (as you can see, it really is a sneak with all my hidden rows). You'll get a full glimpse sometime later -- if you're deserving. B'wahahahahaha! :lmao::rotfl2:

disneyschedule1.jpg

So who is up for a DIS meet? :banana::banana::banana:

And those who followed me from my last PTR ... you know I require... demand even ... for discussion. Ready? We're getting started NOW. :hippie:

I'd love to hear guesses on where we will be dining. Here's your guidelines that will help you make decisions:

We have TWO ADRs that are NOT in the park -- one is on 3/9 for Breakfast.
We have ONE Lunch ADR and the rest are Dinner ADRs.
We have a total of SIX ADRs for this trip.
One each day from 3/4 - 3/9.

Let's see who can come the closest to picking our ADR and meal! You just have to guess restaurant and meal -- not exact time. For instance, if you thought we were going to WGP on 3/4:
3/4 WGP Dinner

Ready? GO! :goodvibes

Who knows, you may change up some of our ADRs!

I'd love to hear guesses on where we will be dining. Here's your guidelines that will help you make decisions:

We have TWO ADRs that are NOT in the park -- one is on 3/9 for Breakfast. We have ONE Lunch ADR and the rest are Dinner ADRs.

Let's see who can come the closest to picking our ADR and meal! You just have to guess restaurant and meal -- not exact time. For instance, if you thought we were going to WGP on 3/4:
3/4 WGP Dinner

Who knows, you may change up some of our ADRs![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I am going to say the following:

3/4 -- Lunch at The Plaza
3/5 -- Lunch at Tusker House
3/6 -- Lunch at Tony's Town Square
3/7 -- Dinner at Mama Melrose
3/8 -- Lunch at Rose and Crown
3/9 -- Boma for breakfast

I am going to say the following:

3/4 -- Lunch at The Plaza
3/5 -- Lunch at Tusker House
3/6 -- Lunch at Tony's Town Square
3/7 -- Dinner at Mama Melrose
3/8 -- Lunch at Rose and Crown
3/9 -- Boma for breakfast

I'm so proud! You have ONE correct! :banana::banana::banana:

But not going to say which one just yet. ;)

On a side note ... this is repeat info for my FB friends ....

Last week, DD had a nasty fall on the playground. They kids were playing a game, one of them knocked her down. The school called, and I came and picked her up. We ended up at the doctor's office, then on to x-ray. The nurse called back and said there was a fracture.

Today, we went to the orthopedic doctor. He showed me where the fracture was and said they were going to cast her arm.

How is this Disney related you say? Well ... no cast is complete without its own Hidden Mickey!

97c163b7.jpg

She's doing fine, but it's still very tender. She chose red for her color -- out of all the other colors in the cabinet. I honestly thought she'd pick any color but red ... but it was her choice. Kids are weird like that, right? :goodvibes

Awww... poor dd, I hope she's feeling better soon.

D~

Well that's not fair if you don't tell me which one is right so I can work on the others. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Poor DD...I hope the pain is better soon. Love the Cast and the Hidden Mickey though. :goodvibes

Awww... poor dd, I hope she's feeling better soon.

D~

Thank you! :) She's doing fine, but it is tender. Now it should be better since nothing can bump her boo-boo. :goodvibes

Well that's not fair if you don't tell me which one is right so I can work on the others. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Poor DD...I hope the pain is better soon. Love the Cast and the Hidden Mickey though. :goodvibes

Would it help if I told you that we only have ONE lunch -- and you got the lunch one correct? :lmao:

The rest were wrong -- as in we aren't eating at those places at all. :p

Thank you. DD is happy she now has a Hidden Mickey. She's the family expert. :lmao::rotfl2:

I decided to go ahead and post my current "week at a glance" information. This is a sneak peek of my Excel spreadsheet (as you can see, it really is a sneak with all my hidden rows). You'll get a full glimpse sometime later -- if you're deserving. B'wahahahahaha! :lmao::rotfl2:

disneyschedule1.jpg

So who is up for a DIS meet? :banana::banana::banana:

And those who followed me from my last PTR ... you know I require... demand even ... for discussion. Ready? We're getting started NOW. :hippie:

We have TWO ADRs that are NOT in the park -- one is on 3/9 for Breakfast.
We have ONE Lunch ADR and the rest are Dinner ADRs.

3/4 WGP Dinner

Who knows, you may change up some of our ADRs!

I have not read any of your previous TRs, so I am probably waaaay off...

3/4 Dinner Liberty Tree Tavern
3/5 Lunch Tusker House (Gotta see the new Donald lunch)
3/6 Dinner Chef Mickey's
3/7 Dinner 50's prime time
3/8 Dinner Garden Grill
3/9 Breakfast O'hana

D~

I have not read any of your previous TRs, so I am probably waaaay off...

3/4 Dinner Liberty Tree Tavern
3/5 Lunch Tusker House (Gotta see the new Donald lunch)
3/6 Dinner Chef Mickey's
3/7 Dinner 50's prime time
3/8 Dinner Garden Grill
3/9 Breakfast O'hana

D~

Oddly, for you to be waaaaaay off, you got three correct. :thumbsup2

Go back and fix the other three now. Do it! :p

Oddly, for you to be waaaaaay off, you got three correct. :thumbsup2

Go back and fix the other three now. Do it! :p

You need to do better than that... You could give me a few hints about which ones are right. :surfweb:

D~

On a side note ... this is repeat info for my FB friends ....
Last week, DD had a nasty fall on the playground. They kids were playing a game, one of them knocked her down. The school called, and I came and picked her up. We ended up at the doctor's office, then on to x-ray. The nurse called back and said there was a fracture.

97c163b7.jpg

:goodvibes

OMG that is too funny...well not that your DD was hurt but I will now share a photo with you here too, that was taken just a few weeks ago of my own DD8: :)

NoelleCast.jpg

Also a nasty playground fall...she did a triple lundy or something off of a playground zipline thanks to a special fast push from her older brother! She had a buckle fracture on her wrist...and she chose PURPLE as her cast color because she loves the Baltimore Ravens. We did not have a hidden mickey on it though. :)

The good news was that her cast came off just four weeks to the day after she got it on...so it's been off now for just two weeks! I did not enjoy having to help her shower, tie her shoes, lots of things she normally does on her own so I'm glad it is off as well! ;)

I hope you are also as lucky and it heals quickly for her.

I must say, I'm going to opt out of guessing the ADRs for you as I'm too busy changing my own. Just made more changes yesterday and today...so I'm off to update my own March PTR again!!! :rotfl:

You need to do better than that... You could give me a few hints about which ones are right. :surfweb:

D~

Ugh, fine! Sheesh! You needy DISers. :p

You got the a repeat correct, one correct that I am NOT looking forward to, and another one correct. That help? :confused3
:lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2:

OMG that is too funny...well not that your DD was hurt but I will now share a photo with you here too, that was taken just a few weeks ago of my own DD8: :)

NoelleCast.jpg

Also a nasty playground fall...she did a triple lundy or something off of a playground zipline thanks to a special fast push from her older brother! She had a buckle fracture on her wrist...and she chose PURPLE as her cast color because she loves the Baltimore Ravens. We did not have a hidden mickey on it though. :)

The good news was that her cast came off just four weeks to the day after she got it on...so it's been off now for just two weeks! I did not enjoy having to help her shower, tie her shoes, lots of things she normally does on her own so I'm glad it is off as well! ;)

I hope you are also as lucky and it heals quickly for her.

I must say, I'm going to opt out of guessing the ADRs for you as I'm too busy changing my own. Just made more changes yesterday and today...so I'm off to update my own March PTR again!!! :rotfl:

Buckle fracture! That's what he said. I couldn't recall the name of the fracture. Thanks!

Our school doesn't have any zip lines ... they were just playing and a little boy pushed her down. Well, knocked her down (accidentally) I'm sure. She says pushed. Who knows. :confused3 But she does state it was an accident -- he's the sweetest boy she knows (but not the cutest). :rotfl2:

She'll have hers off in 4 weeks ... We go back 11/30 for it to be checked (and removal, I'm sure). I would have chose purple ... its my favorite color. I always thought Pink and Purple were DD's because she fights me for those colors. Now I know she just doesn't want me to have my favorite. :lmao::rotfl:

Sorry to hear about your DD though. But I'm glad to hear yours healed quickly as well! The doctor said that in most cases, they don't treat buckle fractures, but in kids where its very tender, they will protect it. :confused3

I do not look forward to the 4 weeks of shoe tying, hair washing, etc. We started practicing over the weekend. :lmao: But now I have to keep the cast dry! :scared1:

I may make more changes ... but I'm pretty excited about most of my ADRs. There's only one that I'd be okay with changing ... well, two actually. So we'll see. Can't wait to see what you're into now! :goodvibes

So sorry about your DDs wrist that is scary.

You reminded me I need to work on my graph for my trip guess I will add that to my list.

Lidian! I just posted a little message for you in the unofficial March 2012 thread...I had not noticed you were from Tennessee...ME TOO!!! Tennessee is the best! IMHO, haha! :lmao:

So sorry about your DDs wrist that is scary.

You reminded me I need to work on my graph for my trip guess I will add that to my list.

Thank you for your concern. :goodvibes

A graph! That's what I need! Once can never be too organized. :goodvibes

Lidian! I just posted a little message for you in the unofficial March 2012 thread...I had not noticed you were from Tennessee...ME TOO!!! Tennessee is the best! IMHO, haha! :lmao:

I'm a bit partial to TN myself. :lmao::rotfl2: I'm roughly 20 minutes south of Knoxville. :goodvibes How about you?

Ugh, fine! Sheesh! You needy DISers. :p

You got the a repeat correct, one correct that I am NOT looking forward to, and another one correct. That help? :confused3
:lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Nope, not good enough. Can't compute - need more data. :confused3

D~ <---- who just posted something you've been anxious to see in my PTR. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter