March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! Threadjackers take over the world!

I am going to take a wild guess and say Crystal Palace.

:goodvibes

Hmmm... OK, since you guessed, I better guess too... I don't think it's in a park, I am guessing it's a resort restaurant... With out knowing where you've been before, I am guessing O'hana??? :confused3

D~

Not to be outdone, huh? :lmao:

Can't wait to hear as the PTR progresses. I made another ADR myself after I posted my update this morning...go figure. I'm still not even sure I'll keep it. Part of me has a few counter places that I really would like to hit...and some of the tours I have planned will serve us lunch so that means counter service would have to be dinner. That also means more time in the parks for us though. I don't know...just may have to change our plan.

We actually did NOT visit Downtown Disney at all during our last trip. Ooops...I mean almost didn't go there. We went there for lunch on the day of our arrival as we waited for our room to be ready...and ate at the T-Rex and actually enjoyed it SO much that we plan to add it to our November 2012 trip so we can introduce the in-laws to it. Since MIL has also request a meal at Mama Melrose again for that trip, and we may only have about 5 park days total, it's going to be tough to fit in too many ADRs. We may have to give up our beloved Cali Grill...and then my FIL may object to that since he loves that one. Decisions, decisions. It's hard to keep everybody happy...that's why we have to keep returning! :rotfl:

Changing the plans every few days is one of the best things about planning a trip. :rotfl2:

I haven't had T-Rex. And it will probably be an adults only trip, or when the kids are older before I can attempt it. DS was absolutely terrified of RFC (so its out as well) and refuses to go back. He's even more terrified of dinosaurs. We have to be careful when exploring DinoLand at AK because of his fear. We did absolutely love RFC, so I'd totally love to try T-Rex!

I know how it is in trying to keep everyone happy! Sometimes you give and sometimes you yell "You get what you get and you don't pitch a fit!" :lmao::rotfl2: (It's one of the sayings at my kids' school. All the teachers say it, but nicer.)

I was kind of shocked that DH didn't pick Mama Melrose's for our DHS trip. He loves Italian food, and he insisted on somewhere Italian in May. This year, he made no requests for dining -- then came back with one. And it's one that I tried to talk him out of. :sad2:

And yeah, missing out on things is the perfect reason to go back. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

Not to be outdone, huh? :lmao:

You know me so well, after only knowing me such a short time... :rotfl2: Takes one to know one???? :confused3 :banana:

So, fess up... where's it at?????? :surfweb:

D~ <---- Who's not trying to rush your PTR or anything.... popcorn::

I was right... as usual.

I am beginning to wonder if you even know where it's at??? :rotfl2:

:surfweb:

D~ :rotfl2:

Well... I hope I know where it's at! I've been there once before ... only for dinner. :confused3
:lmao::lmao: :rotfl2::rotfl2:

And Kathy, I'll go ahead and let you know that it's not CP. However, I would love to try CP! We won't be going to a park on our leaving day ... so its at a resort. But, it's near CP, if that helps. :lmao:

My Disney To-Do List post will happen sometime this weekend -- I hope! (I guess it depends on how much baby-ing I have to do for DD. I'll know all the details Monday about her arm.)

In my Marketing class, we get a 10 minute break. I usually find myself on Facebook or reading, but this week, I pulled out a notebook and started working on my Disney To-Do List!

This isn't complete, and will change as I add things to it, and accomplish items. But its a start:

::MickeyMo My Disney To-Do List ::MickeyMo
  • New timing belt for car
  • Repair motors in all windows
  • Pay balance
  • Renew TouringPlans subscription
  • Pack
  • Create daily touring plans
  • Decorate matching shirts
  • Trip supply purchases
  • Create autograph books for kids
  • Determine Counter Service options and Snacks
  • Buy a new camera
  • Buy a park bag

I assure you, the car repairs are part of the Disney list. :lmao: We always take dad's 4-Runner, but since my nasty wreck (and now "newer" car), we'll drive my car. But we'll need to replace the timing belt (according to my dad) before we go.

Also, the windows won't roll up or down. Well, they try, and sometimes make it down a few inches (or all the way), but then they won't go back up. The motors keep overheating and shorting out. It's this way for every window. We at least need the Driver's window repaired, so we can pull in, show our ID and let them know "we're home" when we arrive. :cloud9:

I dread paying the balance. We've always been lucky to pay in full when we call and book ... but DH won't get his bonus until December. So we'll pay the trip off in December. (This is all pending he gets his bonus.) Otherwise, we're making small monthly payments with what we can.

I'll have to renew my TP subscription in February. I don't recall the exact date ... but having Lines in March is a MUST. Plus, I love seeing the crowd calendar so far in advance. It really helps plan future trips!

I dread packing ... I'm not sure how to pack for March just yet. The weather here is so unpredictable during that time, so I'm sure it's that way everywhere. But we'll figure it out closer to time, right?

I usually just make a list of "this is what I want to do, this is what I don't want to do, and this is what I must do or I'll fall over dead". However, this year, I'm going to make a tentative touring plan. It'll be fun! I may or may not follow it once in the parks, but planning can be so much fun!

Last year I wanted to decorate matching shirts for all of us. It didn't pan out. Things just kept happening, and I scratched it because I'd have to buy shirts and supplies. However, this year, I want to make at least one set of matching shirts. We'll see how that goes. I'm not sure exactly what I'll do yet, either.

We'll need to make small purchases for supplies we'll need: snacks in the car/room, activities for the kids for the drive, sunscreen, etc.

The past two years, the kids didn't have autograph books. They didn't really care. But if I have time (and money for supplies), I'm going to make them autograph books. Granted, I may end up buying them if things don't pan out.

I'll need some suggestions and guidance from you lovely DISers for nice lunch spots and where to grab a snack at. We usually use our credits on Mickey Bars or sodas. I'd like to try new things. Part of the reason is because its convenient. Part of it is because we just never know what is covered with snack credits. It's so vague. I know you can look for the DDP sign, and most kiosks have it. But yummy treats that we'll write home about ... that's what I want to know!

My camera is getting old. She still works just fine, so I'm not really replacing her ... but I'd like to upgrade. So I could use some suggestions from you DISers for a great (small) camera. I'm currently using a pink Sony Cyber-Shot 7.2 megapixels. I'm cheap, so I don't want to spend much. (Bonus points for one in purple or pink.) I'm happy with it, but it's time for something new. And if I don't find something, then no worries. I was kind of hoping to have DD carry my camera and I'll carry the new one. Then there's chances of pictures of ME on the camera. :lmao:

The past two years I've not taken a bag into the park. (Well, 1.5 years -- as I used one for half of our 2010 trip, but not the other half.) It was so nice skipping the bag checks and just waltzing in like I owned the place. But I think I'm going to invest in one of the Vera Mini Hipsters. What color fabric do you like? I'll probably order one next week. I really need a bag anyway to carry my stuff on a daily basis. I have a thirty-one bag; it's adorable and I love it, but when I brake, everything slides out. It doesn't have any closures to secure my items. Plus, it's starting to come apart. I've not had it very long, couple of months maybe, so I'm sure I just got a defective bag. :confused3 Anyway, thoughts on color patterns for Vera? Or should I wait until later when the Spring colors will be out? (When does she release her new patterns? I've nver had a Vera bag before.)

Anyway, talk amongst yourselves. I want lots of feedback! Packing list will get posted closer to packing day. :goodvibes

[Also, the windows won't roll up or down. Well, they try, and sometimes make it down a few inches (or all the way), but then they won't go back up. The motors keep overheating and shorting out. It's this way for every window. We at least need the Driver's window repaired, so we can pull in, show our ID and let them know "we're home" when we arrive. :cloud9:

I will comment on the rest when I stop back later... But I just had to comment on this...

Please don't tell me that you drive a Taurus... :eek: Our Taurus did the same thing to us, systematically, one by one, every window went out in the car. Finally - it was 100° and the air went out too - That was it, we'd had it, and traded that money pit in. This was just this last summer, best thing we ever did... And we told the dealership everything that was wrong with it (transmission, oil leak, broken spring... the list was endless).

OK - back to the sewing room now.

D~

I will comment on the rest when I stop back later... But I just had to comment on this...

Please don't tell me that you drive a Taurus... :eek: Our Taurus did the same thing to us, systematically, one by one, every window went out in the car. Finally - it was 100° and the air went out too - That was it, we'd had it, and traded that money pit in. This was just this last summer, best thing we ever did... And we told the dealership everything that was wrong with it (transmission, oil leak, broken spring... the list was endless).

OK - back to the sewing room now.

D~

No, it's a 2001 Camry. :lmao::lmao:

My dad will never let me drive anything other than a Toyota. I have 2 Corollas (one is wrecked, one DH drives), my sister has a Corolla, my dad has a 4-Runner, my step-mom has a Camry. My dad used to work for a Toyota dealership, so he swears they are the most uber vehicles in the world: safest, longest-lasting, etc. While I don't know if its true (and I really don't care), I just nod my head and smile and be thankful that dad does get us good deals on Toyotas and repairs.

Sorry to hear that you got a lemon. My aunt had a lemon once. She put more money in repairs than what she paid for the car itself. Thankfully she ditched it. Sorry that you had an endless list. :sad1: At least its behind you now, but it sucks that all the money is lost. :sad2:

Oh good, I was worried it was a Taurus. LOL

Ok - I promise I will get your PTR back on a Disney track again...

I totally agree about the Lines app... I was telling Alli this morning, while we were at conferences, that I wished they had a Line app for conferences. Everyone looked when we cracked up hysterically.

My favorite snack in MK is actually located at the Launching Pad in Tomorrow Land... it's the cream cheese pretzel... I plan to get lots of those while we are there! NUM!

As for a camera... I highly recommend the Cannon Power Shot Elph 300hs... I read thousands of reviews this spring before I purchased it, and it got the best overall reviews - and lots of them. Even though the megapixels are lower than what is the average these days (it's a 12.1) - it's something that you'll never notice, unless you're gonna print posters. Target sells it in Red - but the one I own is black - believe it or not, I am not real flashy when it comes to electronics... I didn't want to carry a bright red camera in Amsterdam - nope - didn't want to be a target for mugging. I got black. I also purchased an extra battery... I do every time I buy a new camera... nothing worse than running out of a battery and having to wait 2 hours for it to charge. However, I might buy a 3rd for our Disney trip - but I don't think I'll need to - these hold a charge for so long. If you don't get the same model camera I have - I will just highly recommend Cannon or Nikon - on average - these are the best point n' shoots. IMO.

Vera releases (and retires) patterns quite often. I would definately do something with a zipper... I recommend a hipster - I just love that bag. That being said... just wait until you see what I am making - you are going to flip your lid... (that was your hint - but shhhh - don't tell anyone)

D~

Oh good, I was worried it was a Taurus. LOL

Ok - I promise I will get your PTR back on a Disney track again...

More lies! :lmao::rotfl2:

I totally agree about the Lines app... I was telling Alli this morning, while we were at conferences, that I wished they had a Line app for conferences. Everyone looked when we cracked up hysterically.

Amen!!! I'd love to have a Lines App for everything. :lmao::rotfl2:

My favorite snack in MK is actually located at the Launching Pad in Tomorrow Land... it's the cream cheese pretzel... I plan to get lots of those while we are there! NUM!

Hmm... I've heard mixed reviews about this. But I love pretzels and I love cream cheese. Now what can I do to remember that's where I want my snack? :lmao::rotfl2:

As for a camera... I highly recommend the Cannon Power Shot Elph 300hs... I read thousands of reviews this spring before I purchased it, and it got the best overall reviews - and lots of them. Even though the megapixels are lower than what is the average these days (it's a 12.1) - it's something that you'll never notice, unless you're gonna print posters. Target sells it in Red - but the one I own is black - believe it or not, I am not real flashy when it comes to electronics... I didn't want to carry a bright red camera in Amsterdam - nope - didn't want to be a target for mugging. I got black. I also purchased an extra battery... I do every time I buy a new camera... nothing worse than running out of a battery and having to wait 2 hours for it to charge. However, I might buy a 3rd for our Disney trip - but I don't think I'll need to - these hold a charge for so long. If you don't get the same model camera I have - I will just highly recommend Cannon or Nikon - on average - these are the best point n' shoots. IMO.

Oh, I'll have to check it out then! I figure once I get several recommendations, I'll check prices and sizes and colors (yes, color is a determining factor -- I'm very much vain). But this one does sound right up my alley if it meets my main criteria. :lmao:

Vera releases (and retires) patterns quite often. I would definately do something with a zipper... I recommend a hipster - I just love that bag. That being said... just wait until you see what I am making - you are going to flip your lid... (that was your hint - but shhhh - don't tell anyone)

D~

I was thinking the Mini-Hipster. But maybe the regular one. I dunno. :confused3

Oh a hint.... wow... I'm really bad at hints. :sad2:

I still vote Donald riding Splash Mtn. It's my guess and I'm sticking to it. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

More lies! :lmao::rotfl2:
Amen!!! I'd love to have a Lines App for everything. :lmao::rotfl2:

For sure!

Hmm... I've heard mixed reviews about this. But I love pretzels and I love cream cheese. Now what can I do to remember that's where I want my snack? :lmao::rotfl2:

I will say, that when I first started eating mine (DH went to find "supper" the first night we were at wdw in 2008 - the closest he found were these pretzels - keeping in mind that we were at the flag pole - so him and his bff carried 8 pretzels from TL to the flagpole - ROFL) - so they were a bit cold and old by the time we got them - but we were all starving... the first few bites were rather odd, I couldn't decide of they were disgusting or good. The more I ate, the more I loved, and I haven't stopped thinking about them since. Weird, I know. So, I am determined to have a fresh one - and praying they live up to my memory. :rotfl2:

Oh, I'll have to check it out then! I figure once I get several recommendations, I'll check prices and sizes and colors (yes, color is a determining factor -- I'm very much vain). But this one does sound right up my alley if it meets my main criteria. :lmao:

Well, you have plenty of time to figure it out. Honestly, I always go to Amazon to read reviews - because soooo many people review there - and you can really get a broad spectrum. So, get a few models that you are interesed in, then head to Amazon and read their reviews. I wasn't even considering the model I ended up getting - I was looking at a few different cameras - and every camera I was looking at had reviews that the Cannon Elph PS 300HS was a better camera for my $$ - so then I ended up reading the review for that one, and it convinced me to buy. :thumbsup2

I was thinking the Mini-Hipster. But maybe the regular one. I dunno. :confused3

Oh a hint.... wow... I'm really bad at hints. :sad2:

I still vote Donald riding Splash Mtn. It's my guess and I'm sticking to it. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

ROFL... You'll just have to wait and see. :surfweb: I wish I could finish it today, hopefully the fabric comes on Monday and I can finish it on Tues. :thumbsup2

D~

For sure!

I will say, that when I first started eating mine (DH went to find "supper" the first night we were at wdw in 2008 - the closest he found were these pretzels - keeping in mind that we were at the flag pole - so him and his bff carried 8 pretzels from TL to the flagpole - ROFL) - so they were a bit cold and old by the time we got them - but we were all starving... the first few bites were rather odd, I couldn't decide of they were disgusting or good. The more I ate, the more I loved, and I haven't stopped thinking about them since. Weird, I know. So, I am determined to have a fresh one - and praying they live up to my memory. :rotfl2:

I'll have to make a note to try them. Granted, we usually wander around and then go SNACK TIME! And walk to whatever the closest kiosk is. :lmao: I'll have to plan to be in TL for snack time, right?

Well, you have plenty of time to figure it out. Honestly, I always go to Amazon to read reviews - because soooo many people review there - and you can really get a broad spectrum. So, get a few models that you are interesed in, then head to Amazon and read their reviews. I wasn't even considering the model I ended up getting - I was looking at a few different cameras - and every camera I was looking at had reviews that the Cannon Elph PS 300HS was a better camera for my $$ - so then I ended up reading the review for that one, and it convinced me to buy. :thumbsup2

I usually read reviews ... but in reality, more people complain about an item than praise it. So I usually take them with a grain of salt. I've read reviews about products (that I own) and shake my head. It amazes me at how many people don't bother understanding a product before they claim it doesn't work. :sad2:

ROFL... You'll just have to wait and see. :surfweb: I wish I could finish it today, hopefully the fabric comes on Monday and I can finish it on Tues. :thumbsup2

D~

Ya know, I'm worse than kids when it comes to patience. :lmao::rotfl2: Huuurrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy! :worship:

Did you see my anouncement in my PTR??? One of my fabrics came today - so it's in the dryer now... I might post a teaser photo later. ;)

D~

I can't recommend a Vera bags (I bought my niece a backpack last year -- EXPENSIVE), but purple is my favorite color.

She should make us all one, right? :lmao::rotfl2:

Huzzah! :woohoo::woohoo:

But there's no teaser photo ... where is it? I demand to see it... yesterday! :lmao::rotfl2:

LOL I will see if I can get a picture today. :wizard:

I thought you were doing some updates, as well.... :confused3 I don't see those either. :surfweb:

I can't recommend a Vera bags (I bought my niece a backpack last year -- EXPENSIVE), but purple is my favorite color.

I agree, they are really expensive. However, their sales do tend to be pretty good, but the backpacks rarely make it to the sale pages - they seem to be very popular. I love the comfort and quality of the VB bags though. :lovestruc Also, I just wanted to add - now that I am attempting to make something similar - I don't think that the prices are very far out of line... I think of the time and materials that I've put into mine, and I feel that VB's prices are actually quite reasonable. :lovestruc

Anyways - hopefully I can throw a pic in my PTR today that won't give the whole project away. :eek:

D~

I was checking them out (on Vera's site) and the sale ones were about what I paid for my thirty-one bag (which was too much :lmao: ). I'm sure what I was pricing were the retired fabrics.

And yes. PURPLE ROCKS!!!!

LOL I will see if I can get a picture today. :wizard:

I thought you were doing some updates, as well.... :confused3 I don't see those either. :surfweb:

I agree, they are really expensive. However, their sales do tend to be pretty good, but the backpacks rarely make it to the sale pages - they seem to be very popular. I love the comfort and quality of the VB bags though. :lovestruc Also, I just wanted to add - now that I am attempting to make something similar - I don't think that the prices are very far out of line... I think of the time and materials that I've put into mine, and I feel that VB's prices are actually quite reasonable. :lovestruc

Anyways - hopefully I can throw a pic in my PTR today that won't give the whole project away. :eek:

D~

I did do an update. I did my Disney To-Do List. You even commented on it. Dory brain? :confused3 :lmao::rotfl2:

When I checked the other day, they had some of their fabrics on sale for a pretty decent price. I've never owned a Vera bag before -- but it's all my cousin will use. She turns her nose up at anything else (well, I'm sure she wouldn't turn her nose up for another major designer bag -- but you get the picture).

With what I priced out the other day, I didn't care too much for the regular price ... but the sale price sounded fair for a designer bag. And I'd probably even pay regular price for a fabric I fell in love with .... now if only they came in Donald riding Splash Mtn fabrics. :rotfl::rotfl:

Hoping to see a pic in just a moment! :goodvibes

I was checking them out (on Vera's site) and the sale ones were about what I paid for my thirty-one bag (which was too much :lmao: ). I'm sure what I was pricing were the retired fabrics.

And yes. PURPLE ROCKS!!!!

I did do an update. I did my Disney To-Do List. You even commented on it. Dory brain? :confused3 :lmao::rotfl2:

When I checked the other day, they had some of their fabrics on sale for a pretty decent price. I've never owned a Vera bag before -- but it's all my cousin will use. She turns her nose up at anything else (well, I'm sure she wouldn't turn her nose up for another major designer bag -- but you get the picture).

With what I priced out the other day, I didn't care too much for the regular price ... but the sale price sounded fair for a designer bag. And I'd probably even pay regular price for a fabric I fell in love with .... now if only they came in Donald riding Splash Mtn fabrics. :rotfl::rotfl:

Hoping to see a pic in just a moment! :goodvibes

Guilty as charged... Dory brain it is. :rotfl2:

D~

okay I am joining in.

I am not going in March but April is our next trip after December, we go a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter