It was literally TOO HOT TO TROT! - Updated x 2 Thursday 10/16

OMG I LOVE the vinylmation idea. Unique costumes like that are the best. Although you still can't go wrong with Mickey and Minnie. Like seriously!

Watching all the people come into the party in costume is such a fun thing. So glad it wasn't raining. :sad2:

Hmm, that`s so weird about the sign and Ariel. I never had a problem before. And of course, I love the idea of doing it! I had Anna and Elsa both hold a sign, and they came through no problem. And I did have one with Ariel in December and I held a sign and it did show up in photopass as well. Strange.

Awww I'm so sorry your eyes were bothering you. Not a great way to enjoy a party. I'm so hopeful the next one is better. :goodvibes

I love the costumes. The vinylmation is very unique and of course Mickey and Minnie are great. :) I love your ears with the ghosts. They are too cute!!

The magic shot is really cute! And how weird they wouldn't let Ariel hold the sign. :confused3

I hope your eyes started feeling better. Theres nothing worse than not feeling well at Disney. :(

Well I have to say I am not dissappointed in your costumes at all!!! I loved them!!! I actually like the ones you chose for the party better! Although the blank and bow was VERY creative:thumbsup2

That salad at Tony's looks amazing!!! I forgot about the bread and oil YUM!!! As you know from my trip report Tony's is one of my favorites;)
I tried to get and ADR there on my MNSSHP night but nothing was ever avaliable. I would have liked to sit on the porch like you suggested. I arranged my meets and greets instead. I did however get a ADR there on my 2nd MK day:thumbsup2

I do not think you ride pictures are blurry at all. How do you do that??? Mine are way blurry all the time. What setting to you use on your camera. Do you mess with the ISO at all? I just set it in automatic without the flash so may be that is why.

On our trip I Disney bound as Ariel so the photographer attempted to do the Sebastian Magic Shot. I was sooooo excited and could not wait to see it when we got home. Instead there in my hand was chip. Guess I will have to try that one again.

I keep debating on that pumkin waffle. Everyone swears by it. Is the middle part ice cream then?

I am so sorry about your eyes. It makes it very hard when you are hurting. Is another MNSSHP in your future then? If you were in central Illinois when that happened I would say it is the dust from the farmers and crops. You can not live in central Illinois and NOT have alergies.

Your Magic shot is hilarious. Ariel meeting Chip! Magic shot fail! Or cool crossover movie...

Will was using his phone for those pictures!

The waffle sundae was ok, but I really like a strong pumpkin flavor, and that was totally missing. The cream is on top only.

I have never had an experience like that before with my eyes...but spoiler alert, they were better the next day!

All caught up!

Your interactions at Crystal Palace are so cute! Great place to celebrate an anniversary!

Very cute costumes! I love your Minnie ears, also.

I'm sorry your eyes were bothering you at the party. It stinks when something like that happens on vacation. I hope the next day they were better.

I love those ears! I wish it were socially acceptable to wear them in my everyday life!

I am grateful the eyes were the only issue. I know a lot of people get really sick on vacation, and some even end up in the ER. It was nothing compared to that!

I am so sorry your eyes were bothering you! Must have been so frustrating to have made all these plans - and obviously "sore eyes" was not part of the plan.

I admire your Can-DIS attitude though: "Must...keep...having...fun…."

Your costumes were very cute - I think if I ever do a Halloween party that is the level of dressing up I would want to do

Looks like a nice meal at Tony's and glad your server was so great! I totally understand why you wanted to eat on the porch - that darn Florida heat gets in the way too often though

Hope you feel better the next day! :goodvibes

It takes a lot to drag me away from Disney! Dog gone it, I organize all this fun months in advance, I must push through!!

There is such a range of costumes, from nothing, to what Will did, to full on covered face, wigs, and so on. I highly recommend the experience!!

OMG I LOVE the vinylmation idea. Unique costumes like that are the best. Although you still can't go wrong with Mickey and Minnie. Like seriously!

Watching all the people come into the party in costume is such a fun thing. So glad it wasn't raining. :sad2:

Hmm, that`s so weird about the sign and Ariel. I never had a problem before. And of course, I love the idea of doing it! I had Anna and Elsa both hold a sign, and they came through no problem. And I did have one with Ariel in December and I held a sign and it did show up in photopass as well. Strange.

Awww I'm so sorry your eyes were bothering you. Not a great way to enjoy a party. I'm so hopeful the next one is better. :goodvibes

I thought of you with the sign, as I know I have seen you do it before! I think it was just a coincidence that it did not get put on my MM.

We were soooo lucky with the rain. It sounds like from your FB posts that you ran into some downpours!

I wasn't sure people were going to understand the Vinylmation costumes, but glad you did!

I love the costumes. The vinylmation is very unique and of course Mickey and Minnie are great. :) I love your ears with the ghosts. They are too cute!!

The magic shot is really cute! And how weird they wouldn't let Ariel hold the sign. :confused3

I hope your eyes started feeling better. Theres nothing worse than not feeling well at Disney. :(

Right? I've seen other people hold up signs!

I loved those ears! And the glow-in-the-dark ghosts were just too cool!

Just as quickly that my eyes had starting burning the night before, was as quickly they seemed to recover. When I woke up, it was like they were never an issue!

sw5me1jpg.gif

And my eyes never bothered me the rest of the trip! So strange!

I needed to be in good shape as there were a bunch of animals waiting to see us!
Today Will and I had a date at the Animal Kingdom.

200.gif

We started the morning by having breakfast at the Old Faithful Club. The offerings are your standard continental fare.

15258160191_abbab828aa.jpg

15261253705_7e69be2a47.jpg

Oatmeal

15074508859_539a62fbe0.jpg

After breakfast, I went to pay off our current tab with Giftcards and waited for Will in the lobby. While waiting, I documented my “Animal Kingdom themed” outfit.

15074508289_004c1fce87.jpg
15074683447_890823c53e.jpg

Magic Band

15261247815_ec3bb148bd.jpg

Lion King Necklace

15261253285_79222da2d0.jpg

I was feeling well prepared! Though I did feel like an idiot after going through Security.

Our Security man who was going through my backpack asked where we were from. I told him Virginia and started talking about how beautiful Virginia is. I saw his name badge and saw "NY."

I said “New York actually has some great natural areas also.” He agreed with me and we walked through.

Then Will tells me he is from "KY" (Kentucky) and I read his badge wrong. That Security guard must have thought I just randomly like to sing the praises of NY!

giphy.gif

Our first stop at AK was a PP. I think a side job for him may be for senior proms. He was definitely getting us to do some fun cheesy poses!

15258156621_8c9805871a.jpg
15074502379_629185cb29.jpg
15260857702_795095b247.jpg

But he did let us do a magic shot!

15074683058_afb7a881cd.jpg

We didn’t have much more time for shots though as I did not want to miss our FP for EE! We made it over there though with time to spare. The wait was only like 15 minutes anyway, but I still love the FP!

I look like I just found out I passed a test…
YES!

15238240106_d8b712c3cb.jpg

Will’s short EE clip

Since we survived the Yeti, we were allowed to head over to Africa to catch the Safari. Don’t worry though, I will only show a few of the pictures taken! I think the Safari is the number one thing photographed on Trip reports!!

We were assigned the front row on the Safari truck! I love how we got the whole bench to ourselves also. I always thought it was 4 to a bench, but not this time.

This was the only long line I saw the whole trip, at 45 minutes. Of course with FP it was only about 25 minutes from start to end.

15074505697_35785f3497.jpg

15257979361_d9648149fb.jpg

15260681342_b6f0177a03.jpg

Crocodile Video

I will show you what I thought was the most exciting...a Cheetah!! That was awake and walking around.

15261074045_cbdf692eba.jpg

Zoomed in

15114522659_e7d7fb6161.jpg

After that excitement (I was seriously excited to see the Cheetah. I was telling Will “I never get to see the Cheetah!!”, and I think people around me found me odd) we were ready for an early lunch. We had eaten at Tusker House before for Breakfast (I highly recommend it) and wanted to see what they had to offer for lunch.

Where’s Donald!?!?! Apparently it is no longer customary to meet with Donald before your meal and I was told he has not met with anyone here since December 2013. No one at Disney asked me before this decision was made. :snooty:

15074680217_57966ed8fb.jpg

15074677747_13c9398b8d.jpg

Once inside the restaurant we made our first trip to the buffet before Donald stopped by! Glad he is still making the rounds inside the place at least. I know there are some big Donald fans out there.

15074322179_2833119619.jpg

And Safari Mickey

15238061796_23da54e696.jpg

And then my action shot as I see my favorite, GOOFY! (maybe even more than Eeyore, ok maybe they are tied for first favorites)

15074501448_de8156620d.jpg

Even though it is a super blurry picture, I love it as it is my genuine reaction and smile when I see Goofy is coming over.

15074373290_021fd87fa8.jpg

After the characters we got to enjoy the grub.

I don’t think this comes off as very appetizing in the picture, but it was really really good. There were even tofu selections!

15074683877_d63a6e0693.jpg

And dessert choices were great as well.

15261067195_0dacde6174.jpg

I again recommend Tusker House highly, as it has great food options, and a great place to meet the characters in fun attire.

Once we had our fill, we exited back into the heat and headed towards another EE ride (our 4th FP). But not before something distracted Will...

So sorry about the eye irritation on the night of your MNSSHP. I can't imagine how much they were bothering you if you chose to leave the party. :sad1: But happy to hear you were feeling better in the morning!

Love the senior picture PP pictures! The overzealous photographers are the best!

Yay for lunch at Tusker House. We went for lunch for the first time in May and it was a vegetarians feast. Another case of fabulous vegetarian food at AK. ;) (well its a buffet so fabulous might be an overstatement but its very good).

You know I may the odd ball here but I love you shots at AK! The Magic shot of Tink looks perfect in that setting with all the lush folliage around you. Got to say I love the hair and of course the matching Magic Band. That is right uo my alley. Soooooo glad your eyes were better. So strange:confused3

Oh and by the way, "Seriously??? His phone???" We have a high quality camera and our ride pictures don't even come close to yours! I guess I got to learn how to use the darn thing LOL!!!!

I'm glad your eyes were feeling better. :thumbsup2

I love your outfit. Very fitting for AK.

The pictures are very cute, and yes, very prom like. But definitely cute. :)

Yay for seeing the cheetah! They definitely always hide back there.

We always seem to get the opposite of what usually happens at the character greets, and I had seen the pictures of Donald at the door before. But in March 2014 he wasn't there, only inside, so that explains it. :) Back in 2010 we were part of a like month long try at Mickey meeting at the statue of himself at Chef Mickey's. Then it went back to him inside. lol.

Was Daisy not there? We had Daisy also in March.

Hahaha awesome #oops moment with the security guard Elena. Gave me a nice chuckle anyway. :)

HOLY COW THE CHEETAHS ARE REAL???? Seriously, you never see hem actually moving (if you actually see them at all). Great moment!

I have to say that after each visit I grow to love Goofy more and more. I have never had a bad Goofy interaction I don't think.

I'm all caught up and ready for more! :goodvibes LOVE your trip reports! You're too funny and I can appreciate all the time you must spend putting each update together.

love your AK outfit! Was your MB totally wrapped up? Any issues with the sensor?

I am sure that the security guard didn't give it a second thought with how many people from New York go to WDW

I too was very disappointed to see that Donald was no longer in the pre-entry TH photo ... and they also didn't consult me on the decision ... the nerve! :rotfl:

I have only done breakfast at TH but the lunch looks really good too! I've heard that if you book the last breakfast seating they will start to bring out lunch food while you are there and you can kinda get both meals in one

Yeah for seeing the cheetah! and up and awake! That is really exciting! Exclamation points!!!! :goodvibes

So sorry about the eye irritation on the night of your MNSSHP. I can't imagine how much they were bothering you if you chose to leave the party. :sad1: But happy to hear you were feeling better in the morning!

Love the senior picture PP pictures! The overzealous photographers are the best!

Yay for lunch at Tusker House. We went for lunch for the first time in May and it was a vegetarians feast. Another case of fabulous vegetarian food at AK. ;) (well its a buffet so fabulous might be an overstatement but its very good).

It is quite hit or miss with the PP. Some are over the top!

Yep, once again, the park that confines animals, has the most tofu options!!

You know I may the odd ball here but I love you shots at AK! The Magic shot of Tink looks perfect in that setting with all the lush folliage around you. Got to say I love the hair and of course the matching Magic Band. That is right uo my alley. Soooooo glad your eyes were better. So strange:confused3

Oh and by the way, "Seriously??? His phone???" We have a high quality camera and our ride pictures don't even come close to yours! I guess I got to learn how to use the darn thing LOL!!!!

There is a lot of construction going on at DAK, but there are fortunately still areas that keep that lush feel!

Seriously, his phone! It is "OnePlus One" phone. Just came out. The camera is ridiculous!

I'm glad your eyes were feeling better. :thumbsup2

I love your outfit. Very fitting for AK.

The pictures are very cute, and yes, very prom like. But definitely cute. :)

Yay for seeing the cheetah! They definitely always hide back there.

We always seem to get the opposite of what usually happens at the character greets, and I had seen the pictures of Donald at the door before. But in March 2014 he wasn't there, only inside, so that explains it. :) Back in 2010 we were part of a like month long try at Mickey meeting at the statue of himself at Chef Mickey's. Then it went back to him inside. lol.

Was Daisy not there? We had Daisy also in March.

I know must people don't plan their outfits like this, but it helps me pass the days waiting for a trip!!!

Yes! Daisy was there. I guess we did not get a picture with her. I was struck with how petite Daisy is!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter