It was literally TOO HOT TO TROT! - Updated x 2 Thursday 10/16

The next hour or two before the party was hard for me. We had gotten so overheated earlier in the day, I told Will we could enter the party later than 4pm and wait for the sun to go down more. Will loved this suggestion and made me stick to it. This made sense in theory, but watching the minutes click by and knowing I could be in the MK was pretty tough.

Finally, Will agreed we had waited long enough and the temperatures were cool enough.

15074295199_61e328619d.jpg

Neither of us had costumes this night. I told myself I was going as “Halloween”. I had my ghost ears, as well as candy corn tape on my MB. I was carrying a light-up MNSSHP bag. Better than nothing!

15074294009_7fe7cc0f70.jpg

As much as I was going nuts waiting to go to the party, I will go ahead and say now, as much as it pains me to say Will was right, this turned out to be a really smart decision.

When we got to the party at 7:00pm, the crowds had died down, and the sky was getting dark. It felt so much more like Halloween when we entered the park!

You could really see the lighting effects and all the Jack O'Lanterns peaking out the windows!!

Of course before all the fun of the party, I had another awkward security run in. This one was not funny though, just odd. Keep in mind it is our last day, and so I am already emotional. When I get to the guard to check my backpack, he says I need to open all the zippers for him, which I of course know and was doing. And then he says again, “I am going to ask you again to open them.” I am a little confused and open the zippers as much as I could. Then he says very sternly and flustered with me, “You need to open them!!!”. What he meant was that I needed to actually open each pocket of the backpack and move things around myself so he could shine a flashlight in the areas. I have never had to do this before. He says “See I have diabetes so I can’t stick my hand in any bags.”

So we go through the tunnel and on to Main Street and sure enough, I start to well up with tears. I am rattled by that interaction, as I felt like I was getting yelled at and now I am on Main Street for the last time of the trip.

.....And I realize I have no kleenex.

giphy.gif

Ok, I was not that tearful, but enough where I had to awkwardly dab my eyes on Will’s shoulder of his tshirt to dry them. I literally cried on his shoulder!!

That was it though, from then on we had an AMAZING time!!! BEST MNSSHP ever. This party had a lot less crowds than the Friday before.

15238035046_2987640542.jpg

It is going to be so hard to experience the MK in any other way. There were candy stations with two CMs and NO OTHER PEOPLE. They would ask what candy we liked best and dig around and find our favorites! Rides were all walk-ons, except 7DMT...which was only 15 minutes!!!!

15257944641_dbb769aa60.jpg

We got a great spot, even at the first showing of the Boo to You Parade.

15074292689_0285e7ff12.jpg

We were standing on the Wooden stocks in Liberty Square. Will took a couple short videos. I love the gentleman in the hat who was getting into it and dancing in front of us. He was waving to all the characters too. One interesting thing was that the Haunted Mansion dog “did his business” during the parade, so a CM had to stand in front of it so the Haunted Mansion ballroom dances and others did not step in it!

Boo to You Part 1

Boo to You Part 2

Boo to You Part 3

Boo to You Part 4

We of course stopped by the HM a few times!

15074471258_022c101bf0.jpg

And I found where they were doing the HM Magic Shots!

15258153611_742fd83e7a.jpg

15260857362_d9173427b2.jpg

Yes, that is a floating pink bowtie. I was trying to put a Flickr sticker over Will’s eyes, which was a massive fail on my part. Just pretend it is a haunted bowtie...OoooOoooo.

I wanted to do all the rides that are better at night, so we hit of BTMR a few times, as well as 7DMT! This has got to be the best time to ride it. You feel like you are going faster (the ole Space Mountain effect) and you can actually see into the cottage at the end!

As the Hallowishes time was drawing near, we made it to our favorite “secret” firework spot. Um, the pictures kind of gives it away. If the pictures don’t give it away, here is a hint, it rhymes with “Schmangled”.

15238032846_88625fcec5.jpg

15074469798_225c9d15e1.jpg

The pictures do not do justice with how intense the fireworks feel here. It is not a great place for young kids who are scared of the fireworks! It is really loud here and in the end you leave with a dusting of Firework residue!

The video gives you a better sense of the magic.

Skip to 0:56 to have your mind blown.

Nothing wrong with you costume. It's still Halloweeny

Wow that is an odd security stop. Maybe I'm a little out of it, but is diabetes contagious???? Maybe things he can't touch? I'm confused. I would have been rattled by that encounter as well.

What I wouldn't give to have been in Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP with a sight like that. And by that I mean NO RAIN!! It looks so pretty.

Oooh I know the spot you speak of by the stocks. Fantastic spot because that's where the parade turns.

HM Magic Shots... in 3D!!! WooHoo!!

Incidentally I love Will's shirt.

OK I have to ask this since I've read this a few times. Can you not see into the cottage in the daytime or is it just when it's really sunny out? Just wondering if I missed something. This is the scene with Snow and the dwarfs dancing? Just want to make sure.

Having now seen Wishes behind the castle, I totally know what you mean. But yeah, with the addition of the perimeter fireworks for Hallowishes, it must be INSANE!

AKL is really nice to walk around and explore. I really love it and would like to stay there someday - it does seem pretty "out there" there though. I guess that is good and bad as you can kinda feel like you are on vacation within a vacation a bit

We've done Boma and Sanaa but not Jiko yet - but really want to some point (as much for the wine list as food). That is very cool that they had a separate vegetarian menu!

"Unfortunately, with FP, we were on the ride so quickly" ... man, people really like to complain about this whole new FP system don't they ;)

Definitely think more signage and directions were needed for that horse back riding expedition - sounds like a fun time though morning probably would be best

That does sound like an awkward exchange with the security guard ... like, were you supposed to just know that he had diabetes and that meant he couldn't stick his hand in bags? :confused3

Glad the rest of the night turned out so well though! :woohoo: Those crowd levels seem to me what it should like always be for a hard ticket event

AH - the haunted Bow Tie!!!!! Super Scary!

Love BTMRR at night. didn't get to ride 7DMT at night yet but I can see it being great as well!.

We've never watched the fireworks from the Tangles Toilets, but have watched them from behind the castle (like right where Dumbo used to be) and it is great! You feel like you are "in" the fireworks as they go off in front of you and behind you. Agree that it can be scary for kids though.

Aw I'm just catching up now that I'm back from my trip and started my TR, and you're almost done!

Sorry to hear about your eye issues - I had terrible eye issues at 1900 PF this trip and was REALLY surprised that it didn't happen elsewhere - but it didn't. :confused:

You're right that 7DMT is so different at night! I only rode it during the day once, during our tour. I liked it at night much better, but the lights they turn on for the video/pictures is SO BRIGHT.

Hi, I have a couple of questions about putting duct tape over the MBs:

Is it easy to remove the tape to replace it with different tape, or do you end up with a sticky residue on the MB?

If you have duct tape over your MB and you go to a waterpark or pool and the MB gets wet, does that affect the tape -- does the tape become more difficult to remove, or does it start falling off, or anything?

Your tape-decorated magic band looked good.

Just checking back -- does anyone know the answer to the above questions? (11 days until my trip!)

Nothing wrong with you costume. It's still Halloweeny

Wow that is an odd security stop. Maybe I'm a little out of it, but is diabetes contagious???? Maybe things he can't touch? I'm confused. I would have been rattled by that encounter as well.

What I wouldn't give to have been in Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP with a sight like that. And by that I mean NO RAIN!! It looks so pretty.

Oooh I know the spot you speak of by the stocks. Fantastic spot because that's where the parade turns.

HM Magic Shots... in 3D!!! WooHoo!!

Incidentally I love Will's shirt.

OK I have to ask this since I've read this a few times. Can you not see into the cottage in the daytime or is it just when it's really sunny out? Just wondering if I missed something. This is the scene with Snow and the dwarfs dancing? Just want to make sure.

Having now seen Wishes behind the castle, I totally know what you mean. But yeah, with the addition of the perimeter fireworks for Hallowishes, it must be INSANE!

I know, SM in 3D and now the HM Magic shots! :lmao:

Maybe you didn't have this experience on 7DMT, but when it is really sunny, I had a hard time seeing what was going on in the cottage at the end. At night, I could look in and see many more details!

AKL is really nice to walk around and explore. I really love it and would like to stay there someday - it does seem pretty "out there" there though. I guess that is good and bad as you can kinda feel like you are on vacation within a vacation a bit

We've done Boma and Sanaa but not Jiko yet - but really want to some point (as much for the wine list as food). That is very cool that they had a separate vegetarian menu!

"Unfortunately, with FP, we were on the ride so quickly" ... man, people really like to complain about this whole new FP system don't they ;)

Definitely think more signage and directions were needed for that horse back riding expedition - sounds like a fun time though morning probably would be best

That does sound like an awkward exchange with the security guard ... like, were you supposed to just know that he had diabetes and that meant he couldn't stick his hand in bags? :confused3

Glad the rest of the night turned out so well though! :woohoo: Those crowd levels seem to me what it should like always be for a hard ticket event

AH - the haunted Bow Tie!!!!! Super Scary!

Love BTMRR at night. didn't get to ride 7DMT at night yet but I can see it being great as well!.

We've never watched the fireworks from the Tangles Toilets, but have watched them from behind the castle (like right where Dumbo used to be) and it is great! You feel like you are "in" the fireworks as they go off in front of you and behind you. Agree that it can be scary for kids though.

Come to think of it, unless it is a night hard-ticket event, riding 7DMT at night would be tough. Unless you want to secure a FP for it at night, but that would limit the 4th, 5th, 6th...FP. Interesting dilemma!

Aw I'm just catching up now that I'm back from my trip and started my TR, and you're almost done!

Sorry to hear about your eye issues - I had terrible eye issues at 1900 PF this trip and was REALLY surprised that it didn't happen elsewhere - but it didn't. :confused:

You're right that 7DMT is so different at night! I only rode it during the day once, during our tour. I liked it at night much better, but the lights they turn on for the video/pictures is SO BRIGHT.

You are back....with your fancy new purses! :cool1:

Can't wait to read your TR!

Great trip report.

The DVC guy must have been the same one we had in May at AK. We got the gift card and three fast passes. We are giving our daughter the gift card for her December trip as a surprise. We did buy into DVC when we were there.

I'm glad you had a great time at the party despite the odd security run-in at the entrance. :goodvibes

I LOVE those Haunted Mansion magic shots!

I've watched Wishes from behind the castle before (actually on the Be Our Guest bridge just after we'd finished dinner), but the Tangled spot sounds interesting. I'm always interested in a spot that's a bit less crowded. :thumbsup2

Great trip report.

The DVC guy must have been the same one we had in May at AK. We got the gift card and three fast passes. We are giving our daughter the gift card for her December trip as a surprise. We did buy into DVC when we were there.

I think his name was Joe. I am glad you got the gift card!!

Your tape-decorated magic band looked good.

Just checking back -- does anyone know the answer to the above questions? (11 days until my trip!)

It was easy to remove the duct taper and put on new tape. However, I never got them wet! I do wonder if that might make it harder. You could bring with you some "GooGone", magical stuff.

I'm glad you had a great time at the party despite the odd security run-in at the entrance. :goodvibes

I LOVE those Haunted Mansion magic shots!

I've watched Wishes from behind the castle before (actually on the Be Our Guest bridge just after we'd finished dinner), but the Tangled spot sounds interesting. I'm always interested in a spot that's a bit less crowded. :thumbsup2

The Tangled section has lots of seating! It is so nice to be able to sit and watch them and there is hardly anyone around!

We were on such a high after the fireworks. All that rest before heading to the party really paid off, as we were energized to keep going.

On our way to TL (one of my favorite places to visit at night!) we saw a PP on the bridge. There was no one waiting for a picture, so we thought why not?

15074681417_2bd994dea7.jpg

I knew some fireworks at the base of the castle may go off at any moment. But I was not sure when. Well, CM Miguel from Massachusetts, the PP, said we should just wait and see if they go off. NO ONE else was around, so we were not holding up the line. Miguel steadied his camera and we waited...and then…

15074684058_b97e82ef72.jpg

I wrote a compliment card for Miguel. I think that should be our Christmas Card!

We journeyed on to TL, and made a beeline for one of my favorites, WEDway!

15238031286_0674404a03.jpg

15238027936_2c7724e78c.jpg

15260643792_858a34f0b0.jpg

The rest of the night was a blur of fun!

Dumbo for the first time (that's right, first time ever. Who knew there were seat belts?)!

HwCiaWbbEy_1C8YAKZhW06A9Q2-Nhx1ubraVGJVNeA8=w324-h170-p-no

Catching the Headless Horseman this time!

More PPs with no lines!

15238243716_616b2414ff.jpg

15258157181_dee7c9bc98.jpg

If you can’t tell from the amount of exclamation points, this was an amazing evening. If you love Halloween, low crowds, and the Magic Kingdom, give MNSSHP a try in early September! I heard Tuesdays have the lowest crowds, but this was a Sunday and was awesome.

Eventually they started shutting things down and we had to leave. Our flight left at 9am, but that meant we had to catch the Tragical Depress at 06:00, which meant we had to be downstairs at 05:45, at the latest, to check our bag.

Really the scariest thing about this Halloween party was that I was going to have to leave WDW the next day.

200.gif

Oh, so painful getting up. We had shut that party down the night before and now we were paying for it. Of course, there was no alcohol, just a candy hangover and sore feet.

We were able to make it downstairs in time and check our bag. The Magic Depress experience was kind of…..different. First they were late picking us up by about 15 minutes. No big deal, but they have always been right on time before.

We were the only group getting on the bus, which was a generic Mears shuttle with no Disney logo. So we were driving around for quite a while with only Will, myself and the bus driver. Ok, weird. And then we bypassed the Contemp, Poly AND GF, and instead went to the Caribbean Beach Resort. And then Boardwalk. And then Pop Century. This was kind of fun for me as I have only seen these resorts on TRs so it felt like a celebrity sighting or something. If it had not been so early in the morning I would have taken a picture! I guess this odd grouping of resorts was due to low crowds and there just happened to be no one else in a MK area resort going to airport at the same time. :confused3

Even though this was a really long way to get to the airport, we still had plenty of time to get through security and on our plane.

Once home, I went through some serious DWD (reverse WDW, “Disney Withdrawal Disorder”) when I came back. I had to jump right back into work as did Will. I don’t know what is wrong with me, but I just like WDW trips so much, that other vacation ideas just don’t do anything for me. Probably the best thing for an addiction would be to stop the stimulus completely, but I can’t help myself. I am right back into planning mode and reading DIS and TRs and so on and so forth.

I am already planning my next trip! May 29th 2015! This is going to take take some major planning. This time Will and I will be meeting up with my parents, my sister and her husband and my twin 7yo niece and nephew. The whole trip’s itinerary is really going to come down to me. This is both exciting and overwhelming. They will be staying off property, which is going to make FP gathering a lot more challenging. And the first two days will be at Universal, a place I have only been to once!

I can’t say it enough about how much I appreciate everyone’s comments and even those lurkers reading along. It is such a joyful experience to share these trips with others that get as Disney crazed as I do! :banana:

I can’t wait to read all of your TRs, so start planning your next trip and start writing about your most recent!

~Elena

200.gif

So glad your second party worked out better than the first. Early September does appear to be the time to attend. The only one I've ever been to was in mid-October and it was a madhouse.

I haven't been the best on commenting lately, but I've thoroughly enjoyed your report. Have fun planning your next trip!

What a great ending! :goodvibes

I've only completed one TR and it's one I did during a solo trip pre-marriage to run the first Wine and Dine half marathon in 2010. I started one which was supposed to cover our Discovery Cove wedding and WDW honeymoon in 2012, but never finished it :(. I've never done any trips after that because I never remember to take many pictures.

We are actually leaving next Wednesday for a long weekend trip so maybe I'll be better at taking pics.

Can't wait to read about your next trip! We did a full family trip in 2011 and I hope your's goes better than our's did. Sometimes you don't realize the differences in people's personalities until you spend a week in WDW.

We live in Virginia too! (Virginia Beach) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter