It was literally TOO HOT TO TROT! - Updated x 2 Thursday 10/16

Oh my goodness, what an absolutely bizarre security experience! And what does his having diabetes have to do with sticking his hands in bags? Because of the loss of sensation in extremities? Still doesn't make sense. I'm sorry he was such a jerk.

Hahaha, the Haunted Mansion dog did his business during the parade. I just find that to be so funny.

I love Will's 15 years shirt. We were there for the 15 year anniversary! We have video of the parade still.

:lmao: Haunted bowtie.

DWD is real and it hurts man. It hurts!

Yay! I seriously got goose bumps reading about how amazing your MNSSHP was! You deserved the pixie dust after your first one. pixiedust:

You got some great photo pass shots! Love, love, love the castle/fireworks shot. Definite holiday card material.

I can't believe your report is over....and we have to wait until May for another one! :sad: Maybe you should write a PTR? Our summer trip should be pretty similar dates to yours. :)

As usual some outstanding photos!!! I can not wait to read about your up coming may trip. Spolier alert; I just got back from my convention and side trip to Disney so our next Disney trip will be a couple years away. I will need to read trip reports in order to keep my going. Guess I am a Disney fanatic as well. So glad thing went well on this trip except that security guard. That would have brought me to tears as well. I think he needs a little Disney magic to get him in a better mood.

Thanks for letting me know about the duct tape. I haven't been able to find the patterns I'd like anyway, so maybe I'll just look for a band cover when I get there.

Glad your second MNSSHP was awesome. Your photos with the hitchhiking ghosts and the castle fireworks are extra great! Yes, definitely the fireworks one is Christmas card-worthy!

Loved this TR! We are planning a trip June 2-10th and I'll bring up to my husband that YOURS accepted the fitness challenge! Speaking of husbands, he put this old ticker on for me and now I can't figure out how to change it :scratchin, anyway I loved your ranch pics, we're staying in the cabins when we go! Good luck with all your planning!

YAY. A big bucket list item for me is to get a photo with some form of Castle fireworks in the background. That's awesome you got that. Way to go Miguel, and super great you filled out a compliment card for him. You know I love that.

So glad party #2 went so great. A good reason to do two if you can. Not to mention Will's wide range of costume changes.

You know I never thought about that but you're right. Seeing certain resorts for the first time in person is kind of like celebrity sighting. I like that.

YAY for planning another trip. You are going to have so much fun having a couple littles there I think. Really creates a whole different atmosphere.

Aww man, seriously, it's over? It seems like you just started. Thank you once again for sharing your vacation and wit with us Elena!!! Now get to planning!

I had previous horse experience. I went to a two week horse camp when I was 12, Camp-Tik-a-Witha, in Mississippi. So, you might say I am a professional.

Hey...I know where that is...it's in the NE part of the State just south of the birthplace of Elvis, Tupelo, MS. It's a girl scout camp and about 220 miles north of where we live! If only I had known you were there.... :rotfl2:

I'm trying to get caught up on the DISboards after our DCL/WDW trip. One day I'll start my TR. I am caught up on your TR and as usual, I love it! Great pics, better narrative and of course the subject matter (you and DH) is spectacular! More please?

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!

Oh, boo. Leaving a park for the last time is always such a bummer.

That is one crazy route back to the airport! At least you had the chance to see a few resorts that you hadn't seen before! :goodvibes

I, too, have suffered from DWD. :upsidedow It's made easier when you have another trip to plan, however...

Holy cow, you're going to be in Disney World on May 29th, 2015? SO ARE WE! Our trip is still in the planning stages, but I'm planning a long trip near the end of May/beginning of June next year. My ticker will appear once I make my resort choices. My sister graduates from high school next spring, so of course, a Disney trip is necessary in order to celebrate! I think she just wants to get her hands on a "2015" Disney graduation hat. ;)

If you see us, please come and say hi! :wave2:

Your trip report REALLY makes me want to the MNSSHP. It is officially on the bucket list.

Wonderful report, thanks for sharing!

So glad your second party worked out better than the first. Early September does appear to be the time to attend. The only one I've ever been to was in mid-October and it was a madhouse.

I haven't been the best on commenting lately, but I've thoroughly enjoyed your report. Have fun planning your next trip!

I have read that the MNSSHP start to get crazy around the time of the F&W festival. If I had to choose one or the other, I'd choose MNSSHP!

Looks like you guys had a great time :)

It was amazing!

What a great ending! :goodvibes

I've only completed one TR and it's one I did during a solo trip pre-marriage to run the first Wine and Dine half marathon in 2010. I started one which was supposed to cover our Discovery Cove wedding and WDW honeymoon in 2012, but never finished it :(. I've never done any trips after that because I never remember to take many pictures.

We are actually leaving next Wednesday for a long weekend trip so maybe I'll be better at taking pics.

Can't wait to read about your next trip! We did a full family trip in 2011 and I hope your's goes better than our's did. Sometimes you don't realize the differences in people's personalities until you spend a week in WDW.

We live in Virginia too! (Virginia Beach) :)

The first TR I did, I had thought I had taken plenty of pictures for the report. But when I started writing it, it felt like I had hardly taken any. Once the trip is over, it is a relief to be able to eat your meal without taking a picture of it. :lmao:

I am going to schedule plenty of time where we can all do our own thing, so my family does not come to know me as the crazy Disney drill sergeant. I reserve that for Will.

I love Virginia! Has been my home now for many year. However, I have never made it to the beach!

Oh my goodness, what an absolutely bizarre security experience! And what does his having diabetes have to do with sticking his hands in bags? Because of the loss of sensation in extremities? Still doesn't make sense. I'm sorry he was such a jerk.

Hahaha, the Haunted Mansion dog did his business during the parade. I just find that to be so funny.

I love Will's 15 years shirt. We were there for the 15 year anniversary! We have video of the parade still.

:lmao: Haunted bowtie.

DWD is real and it hurts man. It hurts!

The pain is real my friend. It is a secret pain I have to hide from most people. :rotfl2:

I think Disney executives are working on an animatronic HM dog as we speak.

Yay! I seriously got goose bumps reading about how amazing your MNSSHP was! You deserved the pixie dust after your first one. pixiedust:

You got some great photo pass shots! Love, love, love the castle/fireworks shot. Definite holiday card material.

I can't believe your report is over....and we have to wait until May for another one! :sad: Maybe you should write a PTR? Our summer trip should be pretty similar dates to yours. :)

I'd love to meet up with you guys if our dates do overlap!

As usual some outstanding photos!!! I can not wait to read about your up coming may trip. Spolier alert; I just got back from my convention and side trip to Disney so our next Disney trip will be a couple years away. I will need to read trip reports in order to keep my going. Guess I am a Disney fanatic as well. So glad thing went well on this trip except that security guard. That would have brought me to tears as well. I think he needs a little Disney magic to get him in a better mood.

A couple of years? That seems so long!!! But, you know with all of the things shutting down at MGM, and with all that is being built at AK, that may be a great time to plan on going!!

Thanks for letting me know about the duct tape. I haven't been able to find the patterns I'd like anyway, so maybe I'll just look for a band cover when I get there.

Glad your second MNSSHP was awesome. Your photos with the hitchhiking ghosts and the castle fireworks are extra great! Yes, definitely the fireworks one is Christmas card-worthy!

Hope you had (or are having right now) an amazing trip!!

I think they should start adding fireworks as a "Magic Shot" next to the castle.

Loved this TR! We are planning a trip June 2-10th and I'll bring up to my husband that YOURS accepted the fitness challenge! Speaking of husbands, he put this old ticker on for me and now I can't figure out how to change it :scratchin, anyway I loved your ranch pics, we're staying in the cabins when we go! Good luck with all your planning!

We will be there around the same time! I loved the campground vibe. Like a vacation within a vacation!

YAY. A big bucket list item for me is to get a photo with some form of Castle fireworks in the background. That's awesome you got that. Way to go Miguel, and super great you filled out a compliment card for him. You know I love that.

So glad party #2 went so great. A good reason to do two if you can. Not to mention Will's wide range of costume changes.

You know I never thought about that but you're right. Seeing certain resorts for the first time in person is kind of like celebrity sighting. I like that.

YAY for planning another trip. You are going to have so much fun having a couple littles there I think. Really creates a whole different atmosphere.

Aww man, seriously, it's over? It seems like you just started. Thank you once again for sharing your vacation and wit with us Elena!!! Now get to planning!

I am excited the Littles will be still at that magic age (turning 7 a month before the trip) where magic really seems real! Actually, the magic really seems real to me as an adult, but I think I am kooky exception!

I got a call from Disney (I saw a "407" area code and said hello before the second ring) from a CM just wanting to thank me for making the compliments and "how rare" this is to hear. I wish everyone would!

Love the fireworks shot. I have never seen that done before.

I had seen it before in some TRs, but thought what are the chances we would ever get the timing right? pixiedust:

Hey...I know where that is...it's in the NE part of the State just south of the birthplace of Elvis, Tupelo, MS. It's a girl scout camp and about 220 miles north of where we live! If only I had known you were there.... :rotfl2:

I'm trying to get caught up on the DISboards after our DCL/WDW trip. One day I'll start my TR. I am caught up on your TR and as usual, I love it! Great pics, better narrative and of course the subject matter (you and DH) is spectacular! More please?

Please start your TR now!!! I love combo DCL/WDW reports!!

I grew up in Tuscaloosa so the camp was just over the border from us!

And thank you so much for your kind words!

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!

Oh, boo. Leaving a park for the last time is always such a bummer.

That is one crazy route back to the airport! At least you had the chance to see a few resorts that you hadn't seen before! :goodvibes

I, too, have suffered from DWD. :upsidedow It's made easier when you have another trip to plan, however...

Holy cow, you're going to be in Disney World on May 29th, 2015? SO ARE WE! Our trip is still in the planning stages, but I'm planning a long trip near the end of May/beginning of June next year. My ticker will appear once I make my resort choices. My sister graduates from high school next spring, so of course, a Disney trip is necessary in order to celebrate! I think she just wants to get her hands on a "2015" Disney graduation hat. ;)

If you see us, please come and say hi! :wave2:

YEP, a WDW trip is needed for every holiday if you ask me! Birthdays? Graduations? Flag Day?....whatever!

I would love to say hello! We will be in US for the first few days, but by June 1st should be at WDW.

Your trip report REALLY makes me want to the MNSSHP. It is officially on the bucket list.

Wonderful report, thanks for sharing!

My bucket list has an embarrassing amount of WDW related things. I fully support MNSSHP being on yours! :banana:

I am SO late but work was swamped and I couldn't go on here for months!!!

I love all the gifs you use on your TR, it really just adds that extra ummph, lol. '

Your Minnie Mouse ears with the ghosts are sooooo cute!!!! Can you tell me where in Etsy you got them? I want to try to get some Christmas ears for my next trip.

When you went on the mine ride, you mentioned that the ride might've been faster because you were at the end. That is correct! Whenever I ride a roller coaster, I always go at the end! I love it!!

I am so sorry to hear about that experience you had with security. Knowing me, I would've probably raised my voice right with him, lol. BUT I'm happy you had a great time at MNSSHP. I went last year at DL and I had such a blast!! I want to go again this year but we're changing it up and going during Christmas time.

I am SO late but work was swamped and I couldn't go on here for months!!!

I love all the gifs you use on your TR, it really just adds that extra ummph, lol. '

Your Minnie Mouse ears with the ghosts are sooooo cute!!!! Can you tell me where in Etsy you got them? I want to try to get some Christmas ears for my next trip.

When you went on the mine ride, you mentioned that the ride might've been faster because you were at the end. That is correct! Whenever I ride a roller coaster, I always go at the end! I love it!!

I am so sorry to hear about that experience you had with security. Knowing me, I would've probably raised my voice right with him, lol. BUT I'm happy you had a great time at MNSSHP. I went last year at DL and I had such a blast!! I want to go again this year but we're changing it up and going during Christmas time.

Hey! You are so sweet. Thanks for following along, even after all this time.

I loved those ears and was sad to pack them up with the Halloween stuff this year. Here is where I got them. https://www.etsy.com/shop/lydiaatthedisco She was so fast and has lots to choose from!

I know you'll have the most magical of Christmases this year! :santa:

:wave2:Hi there! I can't believe it's taken me this long to jump onto your TR :sad2: You're such a familiar face on so many of the other TRs I read... it's about time! Anyway, I read it all this evening and really loved it.

Halloween is my favorite holiday and I love that time of the year at Disney. I went in September 2013 but made the horrendous mistake of not partaking in a MNNSHP. I will never make that mistake again! :sad2: Not sure where my head was...

Anyway... just curious as I grew up watching F1 - what race did you see?

Wow! The WL lobby sure is incredible. I need to do some serious resort hopping one of these days...

Oh.My.Gosh. I need that Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake from LTT now. :cloud9:

I can't imagine overhearing the "because Walt Disney banned her from riding" conversation - would have made my day!

I LOVE your Minnie dress! So cute! :cutie:

Tomorrowland is just amazing at night... I want to be there right this second...

Thanks for sharing! So happy that I got here, even if quite late. So excited that you're heading back so soon! I hope you'll be doing a TR for that trip, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter