Ingdirect Faqs~Do Not Post Referrals Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by BethR
I have never received an e-mail like calypso-a-go-go has mentioned, but I do know that I was asked a couple of very specific personal (financial) questions when I opened an account for my DD yesterday with me as joint account holder.

They said that it was to prevent Indentity Theft.

Has anyone else experience this?

Yes. When I opened mine a couple of days ago. After entering my ss# and other information a page came up with several "facts" about my credit. I had to confirm them from multiple choice answers.

It's almost scary what they can "get" on you in a matter of seconds!

Okay, I'm a happy camper -- by using previous versions of both Turbo Tax and Microsoft Money I have successfully opened accounts for all my family and made the easiest $200 of my life!!!

Thanks to everyone who provided the links and info. ::yes::

Please help anyone...

I went thru a link on my MM after reading about it here. I signed up and everything went smoothly. The only thing I've yet to do is confirm the small deposits to my checking account by ING. (it's Saturday near midnight..I haven't seen it in my account so far)

My question is: How soon do you "see" this $50 in your account? I realize that I can't touch this money for 30 days...but I don't see that $50 ANYWHERE. Should I be concerned and call ING on Monday morning? The link I clicked on DID say $50, my serial number did go thru.....but from that point on I saw no mention of $50 and it is not in my account at all.

TIA! :(

OK, nevermind.....:o

I didn't read thru all 18 pages of this thread......kinda like a book, I read the first and last pages. ;)

The $50 was in there this morning. ::yes::

Sorry about my state of panic! :teeth:

FYI for those trying to use microsoft money....ours was preinstalled on the computer and I found the serial number in the "about money"...but when I tried to use it when registering, I kept getting a message that said it was either invalid or already used. I called ING and told the customer service rep and he very nicely took down the serial number and gave me a customer number that let me continue to register. So, if your serial number does not work and you know it has not already been used, call customer service, they are really helpful!!

If someone asked you for a referral and didn't do it, do you delete them from your list?

I have many people who asked for one, and so far, didn't use it. Also, some haven't even read their PM messages. They probably don't know they have a message since the tracking information didn't say "notification sent".

I didn't know if I should remove them or send them a second notice chance or what...

Originally posted by etwinchester
If someone asked you for a referral and didn't do it, do you delete them from your list?

I have many people who asked for one, and so far, didn't use it. Also, some haven't even read their PM messages. They probably don't know they have a message since the tracking information didn't say "notification sent".

I didn't know if I should remove them or send them a second notice chance or what...

I've got a couple too and so far I waited a couple weeks and sent reminders and now I'm just going to wait the 30 days and at 30 days, ING will automatically delete them.

You could PM them and ask if they are no longer interested I guess and then delete them...

For those of you using the Microsoft Money link, I just wanted to let you know that I used serial numbers from a '97 version and a '01 version. I was surprised they worked because the numbers were so old but the $50 has clearly been put in each of our accounts.

If you click on the button that says EXPIRE in the referrals (for those that ask for referrals and then don't use them) do you use that chance at a referral or does it just free it up so you can give it to someone else? Just wondering, most of my referrals have signed up, but I do have a couple that didn't sign up as of yet.

One of my referrals received the email from ING but when she clicked on the link it asked her for a reference number. is there one?

Originally posted by Ally_DeVille
One of my referrals received the email from ING but when she clicked on the link it asked her for a reference number. is there one?

This is only the second time I've heard about this. Not sure why it's happening.

Maybe you can resend it to them or they can try joining without putting a reference number in. So sorry I can't be of much help.

I'm so glad this thread is helping so many people out :) I never
imagined there would be so many people interested in ING when
I started this thread although I know it's a great savings (many people are still very skeptical even with proof of all the wonderful
and exciting things out today) I hope everyone saves lots of money for all of their future trips or whatever you're saving for
as much as I'd love to be saving for Disney right now, we are trying to start working on a house:Pinkbounc I'm afraid this trip we just came back from last month is our last for a long time :(
I'm going to sign my daughter up using the Microsoft money link tonight and start being very budget minded for the next few months.
Maryann aka Dolphincrazy

I just want to say "thank you" for putting this all in one thread! It made it so much easier to get all my questions answered in one place. I've signed myself up, then referred DH and the kids. A quick "bonus" for our trip next year!

I am so glad all of the information is in one place. It made it much easier when I had questions. Thank you :sunny:

Originally posted by macs4us
If you have TurboTax 2003, you can actually get $50 for opening an account. Just got to:
http://www.ingdirect.com/ttx03/

You will need your "Product Key" to get this offer.

Hi,

There's a expiration date of 6/1/04 on the linked website offer.

Anyone able to get the $50 offer through TurboTax AFTER 6/1/04?

Thanks.

Originally posted by SleepyatDVC
Hi,

There's a expiration date of 6/1/04 on the linked website offer.

Anyone able to get the $50 offer through TurboTax AFTER 6/1/04?

Thanks.

I'm not one who did but I know of a couple who certainly did and very recently too. I think they posted that they used the link with success on the other ING thread on the Budget Board.

Thanks for replying!

I started reading the posts after posting my question and saw some posts about successful use of the link after 6/1/04.

I think I'll give it a try.

Thanks again.

I just saw this thread and thought I would pop in and say that I really love our ING account. I still cannot convinve my family that ING is for real... but that's ok I still have my dis friends that get it :)

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter