Ingdirect Faqs~Do Not Post Referrals Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to report that the Turbo Tax link is alive and well! I used it to open an account yesterday with the key # off my 2002 Turbo Tax software. I was leary as the link had what appeared to be an expiration date of 06/01/2004. Anyway, I checked today and the $50 was already in my account! PM me if you have any questions!!!

Edited to add the link:

http://ingdirect.com/ttx03/

I have Microsoft Money, an older version though and no link to ING. I can't find anything on the ING website about it either. Does someone have the link to the MM offer? Thanks!

Thanks! I finally took the plunge and signed up!

There was no mention of the $50 bonus after I opened my account just as another poster has said earlier. I'm assuming it will show up in a day or so.

Thanks again for your help.

I signed up this evening using the TurboTax link (thanks) and my copy of TurboTax 2002. I didn't see the $50 posted so I called customer service and they said that they $50 is credited and will be available in 30 days.

I then took out my copy of Microsoft Money 2003 and used the Money link (also thanks) and signed up my wife. We are now $100 richer (well, in 30 days).

So to summarize:

1. The TurboTax link is still functional and being honored even though is says that it expired in June.

2. You can use the S/N from either TurboTax 2003 or 2002 (and possibly older)

3. You can use Microsoft Money 2003's serial number also.

Best of luck to all!

I came across this information on another site. The poster stated that if you use the following link, you can get the $50 sign-up bonus without having Microsoft Money or TurboTax. Not sure how true this is, but it's worth a try. He said to click on the orange ball on the page. It looks like the page you see when you start creating a new account.

Direct $50 ING bonus page

I can't try it until my verification clears in a couple of days (don't want too many "small deposits" in my account to confuse me), but if anyone else is able to use it, please let us know how it worked out.

I checked my account this morning and the $50 bonus has been credited along with my original deposit from my bank.

Originally posted by SStJean
I came across this information on another site. The poster stated that if you use the following link, you can get the $50 sign-up bonus without having Microsoft Money or TurboTax. Not sure how true this is, but it's worth a try. He said to click on the orange ball on the page. It looks like the page you see when you start creating a new account.

[

I had seen this on another website as well.

The page on this link is the page you are sent to after entering the MM serial number on the first page of the application. Whether it works or not I don't know, but if I were you I'd be very hesitant to try it.

I would think ING would have some way of keeping track of the serial numbers that are being used. With this link it's the same serial number being used over and over again.

I'm not passing judgement, but this doesn't appear to be a legitimate way to qualify for the $50 bonus.

At any rate, thanks to everyone for all the helpful information on this thead!

Originally posted by SStJean

Direct $50 ING bonus page

I can't try it until my verification clears in a couple of days (don't want too many "small deposits" in my account to confuse me), but if anyone else is able to use it, please let us know how it worked out.

You are taking a risk by going this route because if it doesn't work, that's it. You've now opened an account with your SSN and they only let you open an account once per SSN.

Also, several months ago, the ING threads were talking about MM and TT $50 bonus and I remember quite well that you can only use the Serial Number once and they kept track of them. People were asking each other for un-used serial numbers people might not need. So I can't see how they will let you use the same serial number over and over.

Join with that link at your own risk of NO bonus.

Does anyone have any information on the TaxCut $50 link? We have used TaxCut for 6 years, but I don't have a clue how or where to find a link to ING. The program for 2000,2001, 2002, and 2003 are still on y computer. Could I find the link there? I apologize for being stupid...I want to take the ING plunge; it seems very legit. Thanks!

Originally posted by Mic
Does anyone have any information on the TaxCut $50 link? We have used TaxCut for 6 years, but I don't have a clue how or where to find a link to ING. The program for 2000,2001, 2002, and 2003 are still on y computer. Could I find the link there? I apologize for being stupid...I want to take the ING plunge; it seems very legit. Thanks!

link

This is the one I could find. Good luck!

Thanks for the link, beattyfamily, but it was for TurboTax. I need the link for TaxCut(a different program). I remember someone posting about a Taxcut $50 referral bonus(and I believe a mod even thanked someone for posting the info), but no one posted a link. We also have Microsoft Money on all 3 of our computers, but I think they were either pre-installed or had a seperate disc included with the computer for installing it. We did not go out and purchase the program. We do purchase a new TaxCut program every year, though, to do our taxes(and it is not cheap)!

Originally posted by Mic
Thanks for the link, beattyfamily, but it was for TurboTax. I need the link for TaxCut(a different program). I remember someone posting about a Taxcut $50 referral bonus(and I believe a mod even thanked someone for posting the info), but no one posted a link. We also have Microsoft Money on all 3 of our computers, but I think they were either pre-installed or had a seperate disc included with the computer for installing it. We did not go out and purchase the program. We do purchase a new TaxCut program every year, though, to do our taxes(and it is not cheap)!

Sorry, I've never heard of the TaxCut bonus so I was thinking you meant TurboTax! My mistake!

I have found the latest Microsoft Money intallation CD in my pile of CD's!! Now what do I do with it? There is "sticker" on one side with a lot of numbers on it( a "tracking ID" listed in bold and smaller print and another number in small print that is also listed on the other side of the envelope. It has 8 digits..is this the product code number? The sticker also says Microsoft Wks 7.0/Money 2003. Is this what I need for the $50 bonus? Thanks to all for the help!

Originally posted by Mic
I have found the latest Microsoft Money intallation CD in my pile of CD's!! Now what do I do with it? There is "sticker" on one side with a lot of numbers on it( a "tracking ID" listed in bold and smaller print and another number in small print that is also listed on the other side of the envelope. It has 8 digits..is this the product code number? The sticker also says Microsoft Wks 7.0/Money 2003. Is this what I need for the $50 bonus? Thanks to all for the help!

I think you only need the Serial Number and then can use the link provided here. It is a very long number...20 numbers with 3 hyphens.

The "Tracking ID" is 14 digits long, with 3 hyphens. Is that it? Sorry to be such a pain!

Thanks peachgirl...found it right where you found yours!!

I haven't read the entire thread so sorry if this has been asked, but has anyone received one of these emails from ing? And if so, did you feel suspicous?

Date: July 22, 2004

Dear XXXX,
Customer Number: XXXXXXXXXX

We have received your request to open an
ING DIRECT Account. Please give us a call at 1-866-877-2995 so we can verify some security information to set up your new account.

For security reasons, we need to get this done within the next 10 business days or we will have to send your deposit back to you.

Give us a call Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. or Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time and we can finish setting up your account.

Save Your Money.

Originally posted by calypso*a*go-go
I haven't read the entire thread so sorry if this has been asked, but has anyone received one of these emails from ing? And if so, did you feel suspicous?

Date: July 22, 2004

Dear XXXX,
Customer Number: XXXXXXXXXX

We have received your request to open an
ING DIRECT Account. Please give us a call at 1-866-877-2995 so we can verify some security information to set up your new account.

For security reasons, we need to get this done within the next 10 business days or we will have to send your deposit back to you.

Give us a call Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. or Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time and we can finish setting up your account.

Save Your Money.

No, I've never heard of this type of email thus far. Sounds to me like there must info you gave that they just need to verify for some reason.

Maybe you can use one of the numbers listed on their website instead if that will make you feel safer. 1-866-327-4599 is the one on their main page.

Good luck!

I have never received an e-mail like calypso-a-go-go has mentioned, but I do know that I was asked a couple of very specific personal (financial) questions when I opened an account for my DD yesterday with me as joint account holder.

They said that it was to prevent Indentity Theft.

Has anyone else experience this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter