I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you all use up every cent on Visa Gift Cards you buy? I still have one from several years ago which has something like $13.62 left on it.
I auto drain mine at Costco. Or, I use them paying my utilities. My utility provider lets you enter how much you want to pay and doesn't charge a fee for cards so all my random amounts go there.

Most people who do everything perfectly will get stuck around 810-825 through their 30s. The average person with an 850 is 65.
ahhhh ok. So *not* impossible mathematically then...just not the average. The way you worded your post, it sounded like some sort of magic formula secret that you knew.... my bro had an 850 by the time he was 39-40,so I knew it wasn't truly impossible...:surfweb:

So I thought I had my car insurance situation straightened out but State Farm had my ex husband (ew) on the policy not my son. When they added my son and took off my ex it wasn't much of a savings. So I stayed with Geico. Yesterday I got my renewal notice and they were increasing my premium almost 25%. No tickets, accidents, new cars, or new drivers. I called and was told it was based on higher repair costs and medical costs in my area. Anyway, I switched over to Liberty Mutual and am saving $1500/year. I know insurance companies have actuaries who determine risks, but seriously this is so stupid. I guess they count on people just accepting the higher costs.
Progressive did the same to me this year, no claims, no tickets, rates jumped way up. Also switched to Liberty Mutual, so far so good! I think they count on people not wanting the hassle of switching ins companies.

ahhhh ok. So *not* impossible mathematically then...just not the average. The way you worded your post, it sounded like some sort of magic formula secret that you knew.... my bro had an 850 by the time he was 39-40,so I knew it wasn't truly impossible...:surfweb:
Lol. Mute.

How do you all use up every cent on Visa Gift Cards you buy? I still have one from several years ago which has something like $13.62 left on it.
You can drain at Costco by just swiping and it will take whatever is left. Then swipe another gift card or credit card for your balance. (if you have a membership.) Otherwise, ask to have 13.62 applied.

Anyone know how long it usually takes to transfer chase points to marriott? Trying to book a hotel in London and take advantage of the 50% transfer and was wondering when to expect the transfer to go through.

Anyone know how long it usually takes to transfer chase points to marriott? Trying to book a hotel in London and take advantage of the 50% transfer and was wondering when to expect the transfer to go through.
i haven't done it in a while but beforehand was ~48 hours or less.

I am trying to determine how I'm going to fly to Canada for a work conference, and it seems that I may get chosen for random testing AFTER my arrival and, if so, would be required to go to a test site to get tested.

Anyone know how common that is? Even though I am flying in the day before the conference starts, I'd have to miss part of it to test.

It take about 48 hours, not instant. And with the bonus I feel like it took a little longer but I can't remember exactly.

I am trying to determine how I'm going to fly to Canada for a work conference, and it seems that I may get chosen for random testing AFTER my arrival and, if so, would be required to go to a test site to get tested.

Anyone know how common that is? Even though I am flying in the day before the conference starts, I'd have to miss part of it to test.
By any chance have you had covid in the last 6 months (and were tested)? Apparently you can avoid the random selection if you can prove this.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/t...ed-travellers-entering-canada#determine-fully

edit:Also, what city or area are you flying into? If you arrive by boat or ferry, you are not subject to the random test.

edit #2 Check out self swab/virtual:
. Instead, the testing will be conducted either by an in-person appointment at approved testing provider locations and pharmacies or by a virtual appointment for a self-swab test.

You can email or call for further info.

Last edited:
Progressive did the same to me this year, no claims, no tickets, rates jumped way up. Also switched to Liberty Mutual, so far so good! I think they count on people not wanting the hassle of switching ins companies.
This is exactly the scenario.... it stinks but it's the policy- if you don't check every year or two for better rates you're likely overpaying.

What city are you flying in to? As far as I know the number of people in Toronto selected for random testing is extremely small.

from @hsmamato2 This is exactly the scenario.... it stinks but it's the policy- if you don't check every year or two for better rates you're likely overpaying.
I'm also looking carefully at my coverage. I did have an increase but not much.

Prices have jumped here substantially and I'm afraid my home is undervalued.

I may have to have them come and look at my property and pay quite a bit more to get the coverage needed in the event of a major loss. Not concerned about little stuff but I am concerned that the current replacement value is not in line with the increased cost of materials and labor right now. Talking maybe 100K to 150K.

Prices have jumped here substantially and I'm afraid my home is undervalued.

I may have to have them come and look at my property and pay quite a bit more to get the coverage needed in the event of a major loss. Not concerned about little stuff but I am concerned that the current replacement value is not in line with the increased cost of materials and labor right now. Talking maybe 100K to 150K.
I need to do this too. There was a fire that destroyed over 1000 homes in a community next to mine, and a lot of people who were dealing with the fallout from that were finding out that they were underinsured for replacement value on their homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest