Fastpass return or replacement?

Surge pricing is probably the reason they didn't announce the price range for IAS/$LL. They still are trying to figure out how high they can make surge pricing.

I would think the pricing could also use the park reservation data (as one of the data points) to allow a more “dynamic” pricing model.

I don’t think it will be anywhere near as many as FP+. For starters, only allowing one at a time immediately makes it so boas many people should be holding access as before. Add in the fact that you have to purchase them and I think you will see more standby line riders than lightning Lane riders going on each hour. I think that’s exactly what Disney wants.

For the paid rides, I think this is the smartest thing they could have done. With the old paper fast pass and MaxPass in CA, those were the rides where fast passes ran out the fastest. I ty honk by limiting them to just pay or standby, you will see fewer people using the LL and way more standby guests being cycled through.

One other thing I thought of was that they will have to cap sales of RotR and Remy at some point. With boarding groups, there is no way they could assure to get through them if they sole non-stop. I think it will be a set number of overflow that they can sell each hour and then that will be that. How many that will be will have to wait and see. I’m sure the demand during this busy time at the end of 2021 will tell a lot.

You underestimate. They will sell as many $50 upcharge passes as they can and would rather let the ride run empty if need be because they didnt allow in enough non paying guests.

So the G+ only allows to pick the next available time slot? How can anyone plan?

I think the whole idea around this, is for Disney to plan out everyone’s day, so that crowds can be spread out, and standby times don’t get out of control. They are basically sacrificing individual choice for the greater good of the entire group, at least that’s how I’m reading into this.

I think the whole idea around this, is for Disney to plan out everyone’s day, so that crowds can be spread out, and standby times don’t get out of control. They are basically sacrificing individual choice for the greater good of the entire group, at least that’s how I’m reading into this.

The greater good of the entire group for the low cost of $15 plus $x plus $x per day? This isnt a free service, they are doing this for the bottom line, nothing more nothing less.

The greater good of the entire group for the low cost of $15 plus $x plus $x per day? This isnt a free service, they are doing this for the bottom line, nothing more nothing less.

I mean of course they’re doing it for money and a profit (they are a business), but I think they are also trying to improve their parks to entice people to come back, and to make trips less stressful for people who travel to Disney casually, and don’t plan to the last second of their trip (which I believe is the true majority of who ends up going to Disney).

Won’t argue that with you, I agree that they do it for their own benefit, but as a business, they have to balance what their guests will like, and what is best for them as a company. I think this is a good balance for the vast majority of people, but we shall see once it’s implemented 🤷‍♂️
If I felt that any decisions that Disney has made recently was focused primarily on what the majority of their guests like instead of increasing the bottom line, I might be less skeptical about Genie+. But I fully expect that the touring plans that it offers guests will likely be to direct them to low-demand, people-eating attractions.

If I felt that any decisions that Disney has made recently was focused primarily on what the majority of their guests like instead of increasing the bottom line, I might be less skeptical about Genie+. But I fully expect that the touring plans that it offers guests will likely be to direct them to low-demand, people-eating attractions.

I just think a program that they have been working on for what seems like the better part of a decade will be more sophisticated, but if that’s how you feel, more power to you haha

I just think a program that they have been working on for what seems like the better part of a decade will be more sophisticated, but if that’s how you feel, more power to you haha
You have a lot of faith in their motivations. A program that they worked on "for the better part of a decade" is going to be design to increase revenue. If people walk away feeling happy then that's just icing on the cake. But I don't believe for one second that these efforts were focused on increased guest satisfaction.

You have a lot of faith in their motivations. A program that they worked on "for the better part of a decade" is going to be design to increase revenue. If people walk away feeling happy then that's just icing on the cake. But I don't believe for one second that these efforts were focused on increased guest satisfaction.

i think you’re misunderstanding, I agree EVERY decision Disney makes is to boost revenue, but a terrible business plan would be to increase revenue at the cost of losing customers, that’s why I’m saying it can be both, Disney can make more revenue, and try and provide a service that they anticipate their guests will enjoy. I am fully aware, that this is 1000% about the money, butit would be moronic to impliment a service no one would want. “Penny wise pound foolish” I believe is the saying

i think you’re misunderstanding, I agree EVERY decision Disney makes is to boost revenue, but a terrible business plan would be to increase revenue at the cost of losing customers, that’s why I’m saying it can be both, Disney can make more revenue, and try and provide a service that they anticipate their guests will enjoy. I am fully aware, that this is 1000% about the money, butit would be moronic to impliment a service no one would want. “Penny wise pound foolish” I believe is the saying

The executives are not that creative these days. When a message board can come up with better ideas, youve got the wrong guys in charge.

The executives are not that creative these days. When a message board can come up with better ideas, youve got the wrong guys in charge.

i respectfully disagree, executives are the last desk these ideas have to go to. They would have had to make it through focus groups, polling, marketing, finance, just to name a few.There is one person who would ultimately give the 👍, but it would have gone through a number of other avenues before it would have come close to chapeks desk. I’m also sure this is something bob iger probably signed off on, and chapek is now implementing. These boards are full of die hard fans, (I know I’m one). So ideas that populate on these boards make sense to people on these boards, but I’m sure they wouldn’t make sense to the public in general (aka casual guests)

I keep reading that you can pick a time for LL$ , but that’ll be if any are available, right? Will these got out within 10 seconds like ROTR does? And if so, what should the game plan be? Go for VQ or LL$ 🤔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter