Fastpass return or replacement?

I get the part of not knowing if there is a time limit between rides or if you can only book your next one when your first is one is done. That doesn't make it complicated.

Well it does complicate plans going forward, at least before this rolls out. After it rolls out things will be become clear quickly-even on Day 1.

We have a number of trips coming up that include the Bass Fishing, Golf, Brunch plans, Park Hopping plans as well as some US/IOA an Beach days. It would be nice to know ahead of time if this new system will allow attraction planning for arriving "after" those events. Or if this will complicate those days.

Genie+ is basically the refresh method that most seem to like but you pay for it.

I'm good with that, but again we are not sure how many later slots will be available and when.

Buying headliners I assume will be for any time of the day we want starting at 7AM. So that should mean we can select those for the evening.

Last edited:
I get the part of not knowing if there is a time limit between rides or if you can only book your next one when your first is one is done. That doesn't make it complicated.

Genie+ is basically the refresh method that most seem to like but you pay for it.
Agree. It can be true that there are still unknowns about the system AND it’s not as complicated as some fear, at the same time.

Agree. It can be true that there are still unknowns about the system AND it’s not as complicated as some fear, at the same time.

I guess for us it's more "will this system complicate our current upcoming plans" since they have refused to give details we have no idea-unless you can answer them for us, would be much appreciated. TIA.

A system that tells you to come back at a later time is a place-holding system. FP+ was more like a line-skipping system
This is the same thing as a FP. It's the same line and everything but with a new name.

Reactions: CJN

Any thoughts on if I buy onto ROTR on HS day and also have a park hopper can I also buy onto Remy?

Well it does complicate plans going forward, at least before this rolls out. After it rolls out things will be become clear quickly-even on Day 1.

We have a number of trips coming up that include the Bass Fishing, Golf, Brunch plans, Park Hopping plans as well as some US/IOA an Beach days. It would be nice to know ahead of time if this new system will allow attraction planning for arriving "after" those events. Or if this will complicate those days.

I'm good with that, but again we are not sure how many later slots will be available and when.

Buying headliners I assume will be for any time of the day we want starting at 7AM. So that should mean we can select those for the evening.

I am guessing as the day goes on some of the best rides won't have any availability left.

As far as planning goes, unless you have ADRs to work around it shouldn't affect your days you aren't at the park. There is no more advanced booking of attractions.

I am guessing as the day goes on some of the best rides won't have any availability left.

No doubt about that, I simply want to know if we can "select" (for example) BTMRR at 7AM for an evening time. Or will we need to refresh throughout the day while doing our other events, until an evening time shows up. Or if we can select BTMRR for say 6PM (at 7AM) how long until we can make a 2nd selection for that evening-or do we need to actually go on BTMRR at 6PM before we can even try.

Don't get me wrong, we will do what it takes to get what we want-it would just be nice to have the details and how complicated or uncomplicated those processes will be. We will have those soon.

As far as planning goes, unless you have ADRs to work around it shouldn't affect your days you aren't at the park.

We are at a park every day. That's the point. We indeed will have many non park events (many WDW related) in the AM/Afternoon (unless we should cancel those) and also park hopping plans, just wondering what the process will be for after those.

There is no more advanced booking of attractions.

I have gathered that.

No doubt about that, I simply want to know if we can "select" (for example) BTMRR at 7AM for an evening time. Or will we need to refresh throughout the day while doing our other events, until an evening time shows up. Or if we can select BTMRR for say 6PM (at 7AM) how long until we can make a 2nd selection for that evening-or do we need to actually go on BTMRR at 6PM before we can even try.

Don't get me wrong, we will do what it takes to get what we want-it would just be nice to have the details and how complicated or uncomplicated those processes will be. We will have those soon.

We are at a park every day. That's the point. We indeed will have many non park events (many WDW related) in the AM/Afternoon (unless we should cancel those) and also park hopping plans, just wondering what the process will be for after those.

I have gathered that.
I doubt you will late afternoon times listed at 7am. You will most likely have to refresh throughout the day. From what has been said you will only ever see the next available time. You aren't going to be able to pick times that work for you. You will have to work around the times they give you.

IMO it feels like the best way to get the most out it is not schedule anything during your park days.

I doubt you will late afternoon times listed at 7am. You will most likely have to refresh throughout the day. From what has been said you will only ever see the next available time. You aren't going to be able to pick times that work for you. You will have to work around the times they give you.

IMO it feels like the best way to get the most out it is not schedule anything during your park days.

Hmm well that might work out just fine as well.

My guess then is we will need to be selective around mid afternoon for a popular attraction late afternoon/early eve. Then be strategic on the following selections through the evening.

Really might be able to set 3 popular passes for the evening just like before-only not at 60 days out.

I have gathered that.
From what Ive read and Disney's videos I think genie+ will be picking the next available window and LL letting guest choose the time window. It's possible though they still honor genie+ selection after the time window which could be a workaround for people coming into the park later.

I'm really interested to see how these details work too. If g+ has a cooldown (and only the start of return times truly matters) then this system might work out great for people who come late or leave for the afternoon. With MaxPass people were able to use the cooldown to stack unused passes and arrive later to use them all in a row.

About Disneyland Paris: Today a Dutch themepark site reported that DLP has increased the capacity. However the lines still move quickly. The paid fastpasses do not have a visible impact on lines yet.

According on the UK pages on the Dis, DLP sells 400-700 paid fastpasses per day (no idea if this is true).

I believe they've said that you can buy in different parks. To do otherwise would really cut back on the desire for park hoppers- a money make for Disney.
Exactly! I'm concerned about how G+ will work with PH's though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter