Fastpass return or replacement?

I'm still trying to figure what people are finding so complicated about this system. It's basically FP but you book as you go and only 1 at a time. It also costs $15

Just a question, do we know the rules of 1 at a time? Like do you need to wait an hour between selections, or wait until you get off an attraction to get the next one etc. Been really busy sorry.

Until I get some clarification on the structure of the IAS attractions, it will be tricky to create a strategy. Genie+ on it's own makes complete sense. Walk into park, book LL for attractions as you go on a rolling basis, very similar to how we grabbed FP's one at a time after using our initial three. I see that working just great for my family. And we won't buy Genie+ for every day of our trip, just the ones where we are intent on riding many attractions.

My one question for Genie+ is what others have asked. When my return window is further away (i.e. two hours or whatever), will the system have two options like they did with DLR MaxPass? You can book your next LL after you use your current one OR after a certain amount of time has lapsed. That will allow us to essentially "stack" our passes throughout the day. I can see this working for those guests who want a late start to the day but would like to have LL passes for great attractions.

My second question is for the IAS attractions. Will you be allowed to book both IAS attractions at once, or will you need to select one at a time? Secondly, because these attractions are separate from Genie+, it sounds like you will be able to hold those paid IAS passes without them conflicting with the LL passes we are booking through Genie+. Yea? Nah? Idk.

Only time will tell, but the answers to these questions will help me decide the best way for us to maximize the system so my family has fewer waits AND spends as little as possible. Hopefully we get more information very very soon!

Any thoughts on whether Deluxe or CL will have the opportunity to purchase additional $LL?

just a guess, I would wager once they get it up and running with no bugs, probably. They seem to be moving in that direction to justify the high cost of the deluxe resorts ie. extra hours

Until I get some clarification on the structure of the IAS attractions, it will be tricky to create a strategy. Genie+ on it's own makes complete sense. Walk into park, book LL for attractions as you go on a rolling basis, very similar to how we grabbed FP's one at a time after using our initial three. I see that working just great for my family. And we won't buy Genie+ for every day of our trip, just the ones where we are intent on riding many attractions.

My one question for Genie+ is what others have asked. When my return window is further away (i.e. two hours or whatever), will the system have two options like they did with DLR MaxPass? You can book your next LL after you use your current one OR after a certain amount of time has lapsed. That will allow us to essentially "stack" our passes throughout the day. I can see this working for those guests who want a late start to the day but would like to have LL passes for great attractions.

My second question is for the IAS attractions. Will you be allowed to book both IAS attractions at once, or will you need to select one at a time? Secondly, because these attractions are separate from Genie+, it sounds like you will be able to hold those paid IAS passes without them conflicting with the LL passes we are booking through Genie+. Yea? Nah? Idk.

Only time will tell, but the answers to these questions will help me decide the best way for us to maximize the system so my family has fewer waits AND spends as little as possible. Hopefully we get more information very very soon!

Yes my question would be, if I were to select an attraction, would it give a clue as to the next available return time before choosing? Otherwise it's kind of a gamble.

So I guess there's one thing that makes this "complicated". :scratchin

I'm still trying to figure what people are finding so complicated about this system. It's basically FP but you book as you go and only 1 at a time. It also costs $15
@ThistleMae what's so funny? I trying to understand what people find so complicated.
Just a question, do we know the rules of 1 at a time? Like do you need to wait an hour between selections, or wait until you get off an attraction to get the next one etc. Been really busy sorry.
I'd like to know this as well as i have heard conflicting reports.
I don’t believe Disney has clearly defined that yet from what I’ve read, but I could have missed it

So I guess there's one thing that makes this "complicated". :scratchin
I get the part of not knowing if there is a time limit between rides or if you can only book your next one when your first is one is done. That doesn't make it complicated.

Genie+ is basically the refresh method that most seem to like but you pay for it.

I won’t pay extra for a line-holding feature (Genie+); but I might pay extra for a line-cutting feature if it includes the control to schedule arrival time LL$)

I thought genie plus Is like the old fastpass where u skip most the queue. Don’t think it’s a line holding feature

I think there are two options.

1) Genie+ works like MaxPass and the old paper fastpass process, which was when you want a ride, you pull the next available time slot. If that ride is a ways out, then after a cooling down time, you can pull another one.

2) Genie+ is more like FP+ and you can select from any number of time slots for your reservation and go at that time.

I don’t think there is any way that it works for you to selecta time way in the future, when there are earlier times available, and then get another section after a cooling down period. That’s how FP+ got so out of control.

I think Disney wants to even put LL access throughout the day at each ride. That’s why option 1 makes the most sense.

Any thoughts on when this will roll out? Our trip is scheduled for October 11th but I will gladly delay until it’s in effect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter