Fastpass return or replacement?

The bad part about it is, if it was a tier 1 ride the "anytime" FP was only good for the original FP ride and not for any other tier 1 rides. So if the original ride never opened back up, you pretty much got shafted from a tier 1 ride.

Well it was good for any lower tier ride too, but yeah, it wasn't an equitable trade.

So assuming you are staying on-site.
At 7am #1) You would go for the VQ for RotR or Remy depending on your park reservation.
At 7:00:30 #2) You would book your IAS/$LL/LL+ for one or two rides.
At 7:01 #3) if you didn't already have your G+, you would buy that now and select your one ride.

By 7:05 you would have got whatever you wanted to get done one way or another. The first 2 should be pretty quick, it's the 3rd one that you may be behind a few people who are not interested in the IAS option. Overall you're still further ahead than the people who are off-site who can't book a G+ till they are in-park. If Early Magic Mornings come back, G+ may not matter as much to the Type A Planners.
That puts things in perspective. And if m staying Deluxe for the second half of my upcoming trip and plan to use the Extended Hours at Epcot and MK. Not sure if Genie+ and the rest will be in use then or even be necessary. Lines should be pretty imaginable.

I am pretty happy with most of the announcement. The Genie + is priced cheap enough that it won't be a big addition for smaller families. The big ROTR and Remy are VQ and LL which I am actually very excited for. If you can't get a boarding group and really want to ride you can pay and still ride. For someone that visits once in a while the stress of missing a big ride that books up in seconds is huge. This makes me feel a lot better.
However I do think the program will benefit those that spend all day in the parks and those that get up the earliest the most.

You aren't further ahead. Anyone with Genie+ can book at 7 am. The only benefit for staying on site is booking IAS options.
ugh, you are 100% right. For WDW it is 7am for G+ for all park guests Irrespective of location. For DLR its 7am + in-park. I hate it when rules are different at different locations. I crossed my wires a bit on that one.

100%. There’s only so many people a day that can ride, so any spots taken by IAS will reduce that days VQ‘s availability equally.

That’s my plan as well, make full use of EE and EMH’s. I can’t imagine they be using Genie then as they never used FP during those times, but I haven’t been able to get that answered for sure.
Same. It seems to work like maxpass and if they made that switch years ago, given the good feedback on it from DL I would have been in.

This will work fine with our park plans. We tend to love the more classic disney rides so I'm fine with trying the headliners during EE and EMH and if it doesn't work out it doesn't work out. No big deal.

Now I can just go back to worrying about the more simple issues like work quarantine requirements, travel insurance, U.S. letting me in, Florida letting me in, Canada letting me back in, my province letting me back in, and my unvaccinated kids :rotfl2:.

I still got 99 problems but FP+ isn't one....

Thanks for posting this link.

It's actually very smart of Disney to not include Frozen on the LL list. It gives guests a major reason to purchase G+.

This was my original thought… until I considered the Epcot layout. In most cases, I’d waste more time (and kill my feet) walking to Frozen for my return time than I would just standing in line whenever my family passed through Norway.

I posted this on another thread but I will here to incase anyone missed it

according to this video at the 43 second mark there is no height requirement for smugglers run 🙄

it also has slinky at the 43 second mark to say it’s included in genie+

I am pretty happy with most of the announcement. The Genie + is priced cheap enough that it won't be a big addition for smaller families. The big ROTR and Remy are VQ and LL which I am actually very excited for. If you can't get a boarding group and really want to ride you can pay and still ride. For someone that visits once in a while the stress of missing a big ride that books up in seconds is huge. This makes me feel a lot better.
However I do think the program will benefit those that spend all day in the parks and those that get up the earliest the most.

It’s not really that cheap though. My family of 3 usually budgets $75 / day in the parks (eat breakfast in our room). This gets us Quick Service and some snacks. We usually do one Table Service meal.

G+ would eat up $45 / day. Meaning we need a bigger budget or we’re not eating much.

It’s not really that cheap though. My family of 3 usually budgets $75 / day in the parks (eat breakfast in our room). This gets us Quick Service and some snacks. We usually do one Table Service meal.

G+ would eat up $45 / day. Meaning we need a bigger budget or we’re not eating much.
I agree. I decided to adjust some other things to account for that, as well as the loss of ME, like shortening my trip and opting out of the DDP this time (if it’s even available, I think it will be).

By 7:05 you would have got whatever you wanted to get done one way or another. The first 2 should be pretty quick, it's the 3rd one that you may be behind a few people who are not interested in the IAS option. Overall you're still further ahead than the people who are off-site who can't book a G+ till they are in-park. If Early Magic Mornings come back, G+ may not matter as much to the Type A Planners.
Both onsite and offsite guests can book G+ at 7:00 AM. It's only the LL$ attractions that offsite guests cannot book until they are in the park.

I guess we will never know

But I would love to no if this chargeable system would still have happened if COVID never happened

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter