Everyone was right... UPDATE

My husband doesn't know it yet but I have 4 reservations booked for 2019 AFTER our January trip. Some with him and some solo...

Not sure if it helps, but January 2, Jambo Studio Savannah View is available.

My husband doesn't know it yet but I have 4 reservations booked for 2019 AFTER our January trip. Some with him and some solo...

LOL.

This is me. Sometimes I have trips planned with my mom already in the works, not only Disney but cruises, and I just bring it into a conversation with my dh. Sometimes I will tell him he already knew about it lol. I fully understand lol

Not sure if it helps, but January 2, Jambo Studio Savannah View is available.
I actually saw that! Thank-you!! I wish it were the 3rd. We’re at AKV until the morning of the 3rd. Still looking for Jan 3-6, but there’s not a single studio or 1bd anywhere on property from Dec 31-Jan 6 this morning!

@Madame, we’re in the same boat. We decided last week that we wanted a last minute trip and had only 45 points to burn. We have AP’s and found flights for $125 RT. I’ve been able to piece together a 4 night split stay between AKV, OKW, and SSR. I’ve been stalking like crazy but I love it! We’ve never done such a last minute trip but the planning alone has been a stressful blast.

@Madame, we’re in the same boat. We decided last week that we wanted a last minute trip and had only 45 points to burn. We have AP’s and found flights for $125 RT. I’ve been able to piece together a 4 night split stay between AKV, OKW, and SSR. I’ve been stalking like crazy but I love it! We’ve never done such a last minute trip but the planning alone has been a stressful blast.
Lol. Yes it’s a better stress than work/life stress for sure! Last trip we packed light & learned to change things up on the fly & ditch anything we didn’t end up wanting to do.

Check the afternoon/night before for hoarders dropping ADRs to avoid the charge & have a blast!

Did you by any chance pick up the AKVJ savanna studio that was open for Jan 2?

Lol. Yes it’s a better stress than work/life stress for sure! Last trip we packed light & learned to change things up on the fly & ditch anything we didn’t end up wanting to do.

Check the afternoon/night before for hoarders dropping ADRs to avoid the charge & have a blast!

Did you by any chance pick up the AKVJ savanna studio that was open for Jan 2?
No, but I did see it linger for a little while. I wish I could have but not enough points. I was able to snag 1 night standard at Jambo today.

No, but I did see it linger for a little while. I wish I could have but not enough points. I was able to snag 1 night standard at Jambo today.

I saw that one pop up too! I’ve spent way too much time on the RAT :faint:

Lol, I saw that too!

Noodles, there was quite a lot of availability at OKW that showed up last week but if you are stalking, you know what’s available. Glad you got yhr Jambo room.

When are you going? We will be there January 4-12. I booked end of September and started with SSR. Ended up all 8 nights in a LV studio at BLT. Y stalking day by day, with the exception of a WL for January 4 that came through.

FYI: Jambo has January 8 standard studio available.

Happy stalking!

Last edited:
I’ll continue to stalk until we leave:D. It sure would be nice to stay in one spot. Our dates are Jan 1-5.

I’ll continue to stalk until we leave:D. It sure would be nice to stay in one spot. Our dates are Jan 1-5.

Yes, I hope you can get what you want. Last week, there seemed to have SSR and OKW rooms open for this week and next week with another resort thrown in. OKW was available for the full month of January last week. Maybe some of those people just grabbed rooms and may put back.

Good luck. Im on RAT when on my ipad looking for a last minute one or two bedroom monorail cancelation but no longer stalking but still on way too much lol

Make your dinner ressies at DTD for your SSR and OKW days. I use opentable for Wine Bar George and Boathouse. You should find plenty dining night before or day of for your dining.

Have a blast!

@NoodlesMom there are BWV Studios open now for next wk!!

I hope you see this & some dates fit.

Also GF studio for nights January 3 and 4. OMG Madame, we are cra-cra lol
I need an intervention!! We are now...

Dec 31-Jan 2
AKV 1br value/savannah

Jan 3-5
SSR preferred studio

Jan 5-6
VWL studio

I almost had another heart attack shortening SSR before I booked VWL. But we love VWL & the kids asked for Trail’s End & Chip & Dale’s campfire our last night :sad2:

No more (unless I find sthg to replace both nights at SSR - unlikely, Fri nights are the worst to find)

I need an intervention!! We are now...

Dec 31-Jan 2
AKV 1br value/savannah

Jan 3-5
SSR preferred studio

Jan 5-6
VWL studio

I almost had another heart attack shortening SSR before I booked VWL. But we love VWL & the kids asked for Trail’s End & Chip & Dale’s campfire our last night :sad2:

No more (unless I find sthg to replace both nights at SSR - unlikely, Fri nights are the worst to find)

OMG me too! Was out to lunch with some friends and came on and looked on RAT. Guessing you dont want January 5 at SSR. Was that your room you put back since its sitting there.

Also was on phone with my dd and saw one bedroom at GF is availabe for four nights and she told me to please leave our ressie alone lol. She said it a few times so knows me well lol. We really dont want to move but it hurts me to see four full nights together in a one bedeoom for my dates lol. Maybe whoever had those four will put back a full week? But I need a Friday through a Saturday, eight nights so more difficult, although willing to give up January 4 and find a palce for one night.

You are right about the Friday nights, I wasnt aware of that until I had to stalk. My hardest two nights were Friday, January 4 and Friday, January 11 but with obsessive stalking, got exactly what I needed. I hope someone takes the GF one bedroom soon, it’s killing me but Im not moving twice since we dont have to at this point and I really only have a little over a week now for RAT movement.

So, you are looking to change SSR to eithe AKL or WL, is that correct or any resort with two days together. We should give all three of us our cell and text each other if we see availability :mic: lol

Last edited:
OMG me too! Was out to lunch with some friends and came on and looked on RAT. Guessing you dont want January 5 at SSR. Was that your room you put back since its sitting there.

Also was on phone with my dd and saw one bedroom at GF is availabe for four nights and she told me to please leave our ressie alone lol. She said it a few times so knows me well lol. We really dont want to move but it hurts me to see four full nights together in a one bedeoom for my dates lol. Maybe whoever had those four will put back a full week? But I need a Friday through a Saturday, eight nights so more difficult, although willing to give up January 4 and find a palce for one night.

You are right about the Friday nights, I wasnt aware of that until I had to stalk. My hardest two nights were Friday, January 4 and Friday, January 11 but with obsessive stalking, got exactly what I needed. I hope someone takes the GF one bedroom soon, it’s killing me but Im not moving twice since we dont have to at this point and I really only have a little over a week now for RAT movement.

So, you are looking to change SSR to eithe AKL or WL, is that correct or any resort with two days together. We should give all three of us our cell and text each other if we see availability :mic: lol
LOL!! Yes leave your BLT alone rotfl ! Yes that was my SSR. Still maybe trying to move from SSR preferred studio to another studio at AKV or VWL Jan 3-5. I’ll PM you my cell. @NoodlesMom

Noodles, SSR studio, preferred view, January 2 and January 5.
Madame, could you use January 2 and shorten AKL since you have to move anyway?

Noodles, SSR studio, preferred view, January 2 and January 5.
Madame, could you use January 2 and shorten AKL since you have to move anyway?
I think Noodles is looking only for standard view. OKW st view studio for Fri. Or anything else standard view studio for Tues - Fri. She has Jan1-5 AKV/OKW/OKW/SSR

I’m good until Jan 3rd. I’m looking for 4-5 savannah view studio at Jambo or Kidani.

I think Noodles is looking only for standard view. OKW st view studio for Fri. Or anything else standard view studio for Tues - Fri. She has Jan1-5 AKV/OKW/OKW/SSR

I’m good until Jan 3rd. I’m looking for 4-5 savannah view studio at Jambo or Kidani.

Thanks lol

Lots of movement today. I hope you get it! I think you will! Can you do the Chome auto refresh and never move from the screen lol. Its easy at work, not home :crazy:

Have to nap going back out again tonight but had to look one more time for all of us lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter