Everyone was right... UPDATE

Our saga of last minute getaways continues...
Yesterday I found a SSR preferred 1bd for Dec 31 (yes 2018 :lmao:) and a SSR preferred studio for Jan 1-6. Reasonable airfare from DTW and the kids and I are off to WDW for NYE. I've managed to cobble together a few dining reservations (including H&V seasonal for Jan 1), but we have to wait until the 31st to upgrade our Gold passes in order to make FP... They've really gotta fix that ::yes::. Any NYE advice for us please? We've been at XMas, but are NYE newbies!

BTW, just because you don't have time to receive the ME luggage tags, doesn't mean you have to tote your own luggage. When you check-in at ME, show them the claim tickets from the airline. They will enter them into the system, and all will be well.

Yesterday I found a SSR preferred 1bd for Dec 31 (yes 2018 :lmao:) and a SSR preferred studio for Jan 1-6. Reasonable airfare from DTW and the kids and I are off to WDW for NYE. I've managed to cobble together a few dining reservations (including H&V seasonal for Jan 1), but we have to wait until the 31st to upgrade our Gold passes in order to make FP... They've really gotta fix that ::yes::. Any NYE advice for us please? We've been at XMas, but are NYE newbies!
Have a Magical trip!
We are doing a DCL NYE cruise for our first time this year. We usually are in Epcot for NYE. We are not into boisterous celebrating and usually spend time in the movie countries like China before finding a place to watch the fireworks which do begin before midnight.

Have a Magical trip!
We are doing a DCL NYE cruise for our first time this year. We usually are in Epcot for NYE. We are not into boisterous celebrating and usually spend time in the movie countries like China before finding a place to watch the fireworks which do begin before midnight.

Thanks for the EP tip! I haven't even decided where to spend NYE. I'm still waiting for the hoarders to let go of their extra reservations so I can snag something between 7-10 to eat in a park that night. I think that will decide where we end up.

DVC doesn’t save money.

What it does do is change how you do Disney.
Oh definitely, but I wouldn't change it!

Last edited:

Enjoy!

We will be there January 4-12 and staying at BLT, which originally started as SSR when we booked end of September (then a four night/four night split stay) I actually am stalking and WL January 11-12 at BLT but have GF as a back up.

I stalk ALL DAY with an auto refresh on at work from 830 am - 4 pm, and saw quite a lot of inventory open up for all SSR categories end of December through all of January Wednesday night and Thursday. Glad you saw it when available.

My family of four with older “kids” spent NYE about two years ago at the Boathouse in DTD. I specifically chose there so we wouldnt have to deal with transportation back to the resort after midnight since we were staying at the THVs in SSR (our home resort). We had dinner for 8 pm, told the waitress we were planning on staying for NYE and she timed our dinner perfectly with apps, drinks, drinks, food and drinks and dessert lol. We went to the bar area about 11:45 pm, hung with others, they gave out hats, horns and free champagne and we left about 1 am.

If you are looking at DTD restaurants, maybe look on opentable. I booked Boathouse and Wine Bar George for our upcoming trip through OT.

Have a blast and see you on Main Street!

Enjoy!

We will be there January 4-12 and staying at BLT, which originally started as SSR when we booked end of September (then a four night/four night split stay) I actually am stalking and WL January 11-12 at BLT but have GF as a back up.

I stalk ALL DAY with an auto refresh on at work from 830 am - 4 pm, and saw quite a lot of inventory open up for all SSR categories end of December through all of January Wednesday night and Thursday. Glad you saw it when available.

My family of four with older “kids” spent NYE about two years ago at the Boathouse in DTD. I specifically chose there so we wouldnt have to deal with transportation back to the resort after midnight since we were staying at the THVs in SSR (our home resort). We had dinner for 8 pm, told the waitress we were planning on staying for NYE and she timed our dinner perfectly with apps, drinks, drinks, food and drinks and dessert lol. We went to the bar area about 11:45 pm, hung with others, they gave out hats, horns and free champagne and we left about 1 am.

If you are looking at DTD restaurants, maybe look on opentable. I booked Boathouse and Wine Bar George for our upcoming trip through OT.

Have a blast and see you on Main Street!
Thx you too!

I believe I’ve used up my luck for the rest of 2018.

I saw a 1bd value at AKV pop up a few hours ago for Jan 1-2, but thought nothing of it b/c that would have us at SSR 1bd on Dec 31, AKV Jan 1-2 then back to SSR in a studio until Jan 6th.

15 mins ago I’m on the rat & 2 nights AKV value 1bd (Dec 31-Jan 2) are just sitting there :scared1:

I quickly modify my 1 night at SSR to 2 at AKV. Panicked when I realized that was my one night with the dining plan, certain the site was going to crash :badpc:...

But no! For now we are 2 nights at AKV & 4 at SSR, but the stalking continues. Several points left over in holding. I tried to express how amaze balls this was to my non-Disney spouse, but :sad2:

I believe I’ve used up my luck for the rest of 2018.

I saw a 1bd value at AKV pop up a few hours ago for Jan 1-2, but thought nothing of it b/c that would have us at SSR 1bd on Dec 31, AKV Jan 1-2 then back to SSR in a studio until Jan 6th.

15 mins ago I’m on the rat & 2 nights AKV value 1bd (Dec 31-Jan 2) are just sitting there :scared1:

I quickly modify my 1 night at SSR to 2 at AKV. Panicked when I realized that was my one night with the dining plan, certain the site was going to crash :badpc:...

But no! For now we are 2 nights at AKV & 4 at SSR, but the stalking continues. Several points left over in holding. I tried to express how amaze balls this was to my non-Disney spouse, but :sad2:

As someone who has stalked to the point of obsessive and had actual stalking dreams for the last two months to get my 8 nights at BLT with no longer a split stay I say a HUGE congrats! Yes, our family knows what we are doing but they cannot understand the panic and endless questioning of ourselves when we are modifying. GO YOU!!

I do not believe you used up all your luck! I say stalk away and please report back. Can you check using Chrome. Someone on here told me how to do an automatic refresh using Chrome (it is easy to set up and I am NOT computer savy) and I did that at work EVERY.SINGLE.WEEKEDAY and had it refresh every 10 seconds, which seemed to be the magic time for me and found five or six of my nights doing the refresh.

I still cannot get myself off the RAT but I just look now not stalk since I have two WL in for one bedroom but Im going a Friday-Saturday and dont have any hope for 8 full nights, which is fine, Im at peace now lol but noticed a few days ago OKW had a TON of new availability in January for a one bedroom. Its like somome had all those dates held and bam, all put back in the system.

Good luck! Keep stalking!

As someone who has stalked to the point of obsessive and had actual stalking dreams for the last two months to get my 8 nights at BLT with no longer a split stay I say a HUGE congrats! Yes, our family knows what we are doing but they cannot understand the panic and endless questioning of ourselves when we are modifying. GO YOU!!

I do not believe you used up all your luck! I say stalk away and please report back. Can you check using Chrome. Someone on here told me how to do an automatic refresh using Chrome (it is easy to set up and I am NOT computer savy) and I did that at work EVERY.SINGLE.WEEKEDAY and had it refresh every 10 seconds, which seemed to be the magic time for me and found five or six of my nights doing the refresh.

I still cannot get myself off the RAT but I just look now not stalk since I have two WL in for one bedroom but Im going a Friday-Saturday and dont have any hope for 8 full nights, which is fine, Im at peace now lol but noticed a few days ago OKW had a TON of new availability in January for a one bedroom. Its like somome had all those dates held and bam, all put back in the system.

Good luck! Keep stalking!
Thanks so much! It’s crazy what randomly pops up! I saw the OKW 1bd which we would prefer to our SSR studio, but I’m working with a limited amount of points :/

Thanks so much! It’s crazy what randomly pops up! I saw the OKW 1bd which we would prefer to our SSR studio, but I’m working with a limited amount of points :/

Good luck! Keep the faith!
See you on Main Street!

I had to resist a BW standard studio for NYE that was sitting there for 20 minutes until someone snapped it up.

LOL.

Yes that use to be hard for me too see something sooo good it tempted me to just book it and start a new stalk lol but I would be strong and resist. Well, my rule was five nights or more was when I was going to leave SSR and look for monorail and then I saw BLT for four nights and that started my obsession and stalking lol

Glad you didnt take BW for one night. Two or three nights would have been even harder lol

Picked up a 1bd Savannah view at Jambo using up all my holding points. I tried to call in & get a CM to do it bc I had to shorten our SSR stay THEN pick up AKVJ. Their system was down, however, & I wished her good luck.

Barely made it online before the system crashed completely - my DS is listed as MRS for now. Just glad it went thru & I got a confirmation email! So, Dec 31-3 (AJVJ 1bd value/sav), Jan 3-6 (SSR preferred studio).

I think I’m done. Too stressful :tongue:

Picked up a 1bd Savannah view at Jambo using up all my holding points. I tried to call in & get a CM to do it bc I had to shorten our SSR stay THEN pick up AKVJ. Their system was down, however, & I wished her good luck.

Barely made it online before the system crashed completely - my DS is listed as MRS for now. Just glad it went thru & I got a confirmation email! So, Dec 31-3 (AJVJ 1bd value/sav), Jan 3-6 (SSR preferred studio).

I think I’m done. Too stressful :tongue:

Yahoo! Glad you got to use up your holding points!

No, keep the hunt going! LOL. Now you are hunting for what? AKL January 3?
Do you have to move at AKL or is Value/Sav same thing, probably not? That is a resort we havent tried yet and not aware of the categories. Was happy to see you on here with an update. Im still mildly looking for a full 8 night cancelation on monorial in a one bedroom but that just wont happen but absolutely not stalking.

I feel your pain, it is very exhausting! Im packed but my dd and mom are not. What about you?

Yahoo! Glad you got to use up your holding points!

No, keep the hunt going! LOL. Now you are hunting for what? AKL January 3?
Do you have to move at AKL or is Value/Sav same thing, probably not? That is a resort we havent tried yet and not aware of the categories. Was happy to see you on here with an update. Im still mildly looking for a full 8 night cancelation on monorial in a one bedroom but that just wont happen but absolutely not stalking.

I feel your pain, it is very exhausting! Im packed but my dd and mom are not. What about you?
Lol! I just about had a heart attack this morning with DVC’s crappy site :). I put in a WL for a AKV studio Jan 3-6 at both Kidani & Jambo. It’s all I have the points for.

Yes we’ll have to move at Jambo 2 nights then 1, but it’s one building & I’ll just drop our stuff at Luggage services in the AM & call down for it in the PM.

OKW 1bd opened up for a slew of dates just now including Dec 31-6 that we’re looking for, but we’re points poor. 470 points & we’re still borrowed into 2020 :sad2:

No packing here until the day before. We pack light which us why I prefer a 1 bd for laundry.

Lol! I just about had a heart attack this morning with DVC’s crappy site :). I put in a WL for a AKV studio Jan 3-6 at both Kidani & Jambo. It’s all I have the points for.

Yes we’ll have to move at Jambo 2 nights then 1, but it’s one building & I’ll just drop our stuff at Luggage services in the AM & call down for it in the PM.

OKW 1bd opened up for a slew of dates just now including Dec 31-6 that we’re looking for, but we’re points poor. 470 points & we’re still borrowed into 2020 :sad2:

No packing here until the day before. We pack light which us why I prefer a 1 bd for laundry.

That one bedroom OKW opened for most of January last week and now you saw New Years week. That is very odd. Maybe look for the AKL that you already have date for but try to change category so you dont have to move. See, there is still work to be done lol

We like the one bedrooms too for the wash and large fridge but like you wanted to keep to a studio but would have taken a one bedroom if it opened. We have 420 points, not as much as you, but we, like you, always borrowing o_O

Im sure there will be last-minute cancelations, hope they are for your category and see if it it happens. I just saw OKW two bedroom opened for the full month of January. I could move there for all my nights for the extra space but we want the monorail and I have a DAH event at MK and Highway in the Sky so staying at BLT will work well but cancelations do happen.

Where will you spend NYE. We spent it at the Boathouse in DTD one year and had a great night.

I have two days of work on January 2-3 and then off to Disney. Like you, we go often but really looking forward to this trip with my mom and dd.

Hope your back on here with an update today!

PS...there looks like a little movement for studios at Kidani for tomorrow and this week, which maybe will roll over to New Years. Keep an eye out. Good luck.

Last edited:
That one bedroom OKW opened for most of January last week and now you saw New Years week. That is very odd. Maybe look for the AKL that you already have date for but try to change category so you dont have to move. See, there is still work to be done lol

We like the one bedrooms too for the wash and large fridge but like you wanted to keep to a studio but would have taken a one bedroom if it opened. We have 420 points, not as much as you, but we, like you, always borrowing o_O

Im sure there will be last-minute cancelations, hope they are for your category and see if it it happens. I just saw OKW two bedroom opened for the full month of January. I could move there for all my nights for the extra space but we want the monorail and I have a DAH event at MK and Highway in the Sky so staying at BLT will work well but cancelations do happen.

Where will you spend NYE. We spent it at the Boathouse in DTD one year and had a great night.

I have two days of work on January 2-3 and then off to Disney. Like you, we go often but really looking forward to this trip with my mom and dd.

Hope your back on here with an update today!

PS...there looks like a little movement for studios at Kidani for tomorrow and this week, which maybe will roll over to New Years. Keep an eye out. Good luck.
I dont yet know where we’ll be NYE. I’ll let the kids decide & they won’t know about the trip until tomorrow. I found an epic scavenger hunt online to let them know.

Thx. I’ll keep an eye on Kidani!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!