DVC Ticket Offer

I tried that but it didn’t show anything about the extra days. I’m probably going to just call member services to get them.
Put the 4 day in the cart. That will give you the price you will pay for one with 2 days free. It won’t let you buy that way, but give you the general idea.

I tried that but it didn’t show anything about the extra days. I’m probably going to just call member services to get them.
Put the 4 day in the cart. That will give you the price you will pay for one with 2 days free. It won’t let you buy that way, but give you the general idea.
Sorry- I should have clarified. I did exactly what @Sandisw suggests. I put in the 7 day ticket on the website knowing that was the price I would pay. Then I called MS for the actual purchase.

ETA: You can't get the deal unless you call- or at least it wasn't possible on the website yesterday as an option for DVC members.

Called member services this morning at 9am and without too long a wait was able to speak with a CM and buy the promo day tickets.
I did buy the 4 day with 2 bonus days BUT was offered a 5/7 or 6/8 option. Since I only purchased the 4/6 option I can’t guarantee the others would go through but the Cm did offer that they were available!!

hope the extra info helps someone else!!
This is great news! Any tips or suggested language to get the right offer? Seems like some people are still experiencing difficulty when speaking with the CM, being bounced to ticketing, etc.. Crossing my fingers that things will go smoothly.

When I called I mentioned I was interested in the new ticket deal and the CM asked me number of days - said it wasn't just the 4 + 2. So I didn't use any catch-phrase or anything but maybe I got lucky.

This is great news! Any tips or suggested language to get the right offer? Seems like some people are still experiencing difficulty when speaking with the CM, being bounced to ticketing, etc.. Crossing my fingers that things will go smoothly.
When I called I mentioned I was interested in the new ticket deal and the CM asked me number of days - said it wasn't just the 4 + 2. So I didn't use any catch-phrase or anything but maybe I got lucky.
I didn't say anything except that I wanted the deal as well. I needed 9 days, so it should be a 7 day ticket with the 2 free days making it 9. That's exactly what I got.

Also wanted to add that there was a glitch yesterday- my 9 day ticket showed 8 days remaining on the app. I chatted with a CM and she assured me it was correct on her end but it had been showing up incorrectly all day. It is fixed now on my end, but just a heads-up it could still happen right after purchase.

I'm taking a fairly large group of family. We are going to be split between 2 rooms. Anyone know if I can get this offer for everyone in both rooms?

I didn't say anything except that I wanted the deal as well. I needed 9 days, so it should be a 7 day ticket with the 2 free days making it 9. That's exactly what I got.

Also wanted to add that there was a glitch yesterday- my 9 day ticket showed 8 days remaining on the app. I chatted with a CM and she assured me it was correct on her end but it had been showing up incorrectly all day. It is fixed now on my end, but just a heads-up it could still happen right after purchase.
I called this morning and waited maybe 40 minutes on hold, but the CM was very helpful and I was able to get the tickets I wanted. I was pleased with the discount and they linked everything in MDE for me. 👍

I'm taking a fairly large group of family. We are going to be split between 2 rooms. Anyone know if I can get this offer for everyone in both rooms?

I am pretty sure that the reservations made with your points for both groups would be eligible for the tickets.

I was able to call today and get discount applied to upgrade from 10 day single park to 10 day park hopper at cost of $45 vs $85. Basically they allowed us to apply value of 10 day ticket to the 8 day park hopper with 2 extra days since was upgrade.

However, my wife had decided this morning to upgrade our tickets to park hopper and they were unable to refund or add anything to our ticket since we travel before water parks open. They did offer option for me to call DVC to book another ticket then call back to get original ticket canceled. However I didn’t think it was worth the wait time (took 1.5 hrs to get through) or the headache of waiting for Disney to refund money so we didn’t do this option.

I am pretty sure that the reservations made with your points for both groups would be eligible for the tickets.
Based on a FB complaint my DH saw yesterday and the wording of the notice on the DVC website, you can get the offer if the rooms were booked with "blue-card points" but not if they were booked with "white-card points." The FB post said she wasn't able to get the offer even though she has a blue card because the room was booked with points from a contract that doesn't qualify for a blue card.

Based on a FB complaint my DH saw yesterday and the wording of the notice on the DVC website, you can get the offer if the rooms were booked with "blue-card points" but not if they were booked with "white-card points." The FB post said she wasn't able to get the offer even though she has a blue card because the room was booked with points from a contract that doesn't qualify for a blue card.
So if you book the rooms with blue card points but the reservation is for non-blue card members, would that be okay?

There are also reports of people with only a white card buying it no questions asked. Clear as mud as per usual.

Last edited:
So if you book the rooms with blue card points but the reservation is for non-blue card members, would that be okay?
Yes, as long as the room is booked with blue card points, it doesn't matter who the guests are who are staying in that room and using those tickets. But of course, see the post above:
There are also reports of people with only a white card buying it no questions asked. Clear as mud as per usual.
DVC is nothing if not consistent!

Of course. If I was someone who is a blue card member but staying on white card membership or points and denied, it’s one complaint going all the way up.

I may be in need to buy one so we will see what happens next month. The trip is booked with some qualified and some not qualified points! Lol

I was able to call today and get discount applied to upgrade from 10 day single park to 10 day park hopper at cost of $45 vs $85. Basically they allowed us to apply value of 10 day ticket to the 8 day park hopper with 2 extra days since was upgrade.

However, my wife had decided this morning to upgrade our tickets to park hopper and they were unable to refund or add anything to our ticket since we travel before water parks open. They did offer option for me to call DVC to book another ticket then call back to get original ticket canceled. However I didn’t think it was worth the wait time (took 1.5 hrs to get through) or the headache of waiting for Disney to refund money so we didn’t do this option.

For clarification, which Disney phone line did you call to upgrade your 10 day base ticket (one park per day) to the 10 day hopper? Did they offer you the discount because they could see you had a qualifying DVC stay? When I tried to call Disney's "existing ticket" line, they could see I had a DVC reservation, but were not aware of the DVC promotion & were only able to apply 2 extra park days to cash hotel/theme park ticket packages.

I currently have a 7 day base ticket purchased last year when they were only selling 7 days max, no hoppers allowed. Now I want to upgrade to a 9 day hopper but I'm unsure which line to call because both DVC (called them on 1/5/21 & CM told me only a 4 day ticket could be upgraded to 6 days) & existing ticket CM denied me the DVC offer.

For clarification, which Disney phone line did you call to upgrade your 10 day base ticket (one park per day) to the 10 day hopper? Did they offer you the discount because they could see you had a qualifying DVC stay? When I tried to call Disney's "existing ticket" line, they could see I had a DVC reservation, but were not aware of the DVC promotion & were only able to apply 2 extra park days to cash hotel/theme park ticket packages.

I currently have a 7 day base ticket purchased last year when they were only selling 7 days max, no hoppers allowed. Now I want to upgrade to a 9 day hopper but I'm unsure which line to call because both DVC (called them on 1/5/21 & CM told me only a 4 day ticket could be upgraded to 6 days) & existing ticket CM denied me the DVC offer.
I called dvc first and they were able to tell me the deals but were unable to apply the promotion. I then called the ticket number and they were able to apply the promotion but seemed very unfamiliar with options and had to connect with someone else to clarify when I insisted the promotion was running as DVC had explained to me. The ticketing number also indicated in order for me to get refund of what we paid for the tickets that already had park hopper id have to purchase the new tickets through dvc then call ticketing back to refund on account of having two tickets for same day.

Regarding you originally getting a no, I was also told on Jan 5th when I called that it was only for 4 day tickets. They seem to have communication better and if I were you I’d call ticketing number to get the upgrade rather then DVC member services. Ticketing number was able to verify I had dvc stay with confirmation numbers.
Also as side note if anyone interested we had split stay with 3 nights in one dvc stay and 3 nights in another and they were able to give discount since at least 4 days total (I was worried split stay would disqualify).

I called dvc first and they were able to tell me the deals but were unable to apply the promotion. I then called the ticket number and they were able to apply the promotion but seemed very unfamiliar with options and had to connect with someone else to clarify when I insisted the promotion was running as DVC had explained to me. The ticketing number also indicated in order for me to get refund of what we paid for the tickets that already had park hopper id have to purchase the new tickets through dvc then call ticketing back to refund on account of having two tickets for same day.

Regarding you originally getting a no, I was also told on Jan 5th when I called that it was only for 4 day tickets. They seem to have communication better and if I were you I’d call ticketing number to get the upgrade rather then DVC member services. Ticketing number was able to verify I had dvc stay with confirmation numbers.
Also as side note if anyone interested we had split stay with 3 nights in one dvc stay and 3 nights in another and they were able to give discount since at least 4 days total (I was worried split stay would disqualify).

Thank you for your info. I'll try ticketing tomorrow morning! crossing fingers they're more familiar with the DVC promo since it's been out for a couple of days.

Just a little off topic i understand the blue card perk. But beening a DVC member the perks are far and in between
yes i understand the food,clothing and all other perks but the real saving like free dining is never offered to the people that support disney the most . My question is---is it because we get such a good rate on the room that they figure we dont really need anything else or is it that they have our money and know we are going there anyway no need for incentive

Just a little off topic i understand the blue card perk. But beening a DVC member the perks are far and in between
yes i understand the food,clothing and all other perks but the real saving like free dining is never offered to the people that support disney the most . My question is---is it because we get such a good rate on the room that they figure we dont really need anything else or is it that they have our money and know we are going there anyway no need for incentive
Free dining offers are just a different way of discounting rooms. The purpose is to fill the hotels. The "free" offers are almost always part of a package that includes tickets and a non-discounted room. Guests seem to respond more to "free" than a % off a room, but the value to Disney is probably very similar.

Discounts are not about rewarding loyalty. They are about increasing revenue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter