DVC Ticket Offer

I must have missed this. Are you saying that if you buy from a 3rd party you can't do anything even calling ticketing over the phone? You have to just show up at guest services in person before you can change dates, make park reservations, etc.?? That's crazy.

That is correct. I have tried a few times over the past 7 months and each time told that through different CMs. I also can’t change on the website under MDE like I can for a few tickets I have there that were bought via Disney.

They said I had to reach out to the place they were purchased or they could take care of it at GS at the park.

Last edited:
That is correct. I have tried a few times over the past 7 months and each time told that through different CMs. I also can’t change on the website under MDE like I can for a few tickets I have there that were bought via Disney.

They said I had to reach out to the place they were purchased or they could take care of it in person.

Wow, that's crazy. I wonder if the wholeseller could even do anything?

This makes me all the more grateful to have an AP...

Wow, that's crazy. I wonder if the wholeseller could even do anything?

This makes me all the more grateful to have an AP...

At the time, when parks were still closed, they allowed me to purchase a new one and once I did and had confirmation, I was given a refund for a ticket that was normally non refundable.

Had I not been in the position to pay over $400 for the new one first, I would be out of luck until at a park. I needed the new one to get the park days done correctly.

It’s why if DVC can continue to offer some level of discount like this one, I will always chose them now...given I have an AP and these tickets are usually for guests, I am more likely to always go with Disney regardless.

EDIT

Okay the DVC one is buy 4 days get 2 extra days added for 6 days.

The above article looks to be book a 3 Night / 4 Day trip and buy a 4 day ticket. In addition get a separate 2 day ticket to user at a later time.

Yes, but the cash stay has to be both room and ticket combo. I have a cash stay coming up, (I can't access anymore points due to the 50% rule) and my daughter and I have our AP and my husband is cash tickets...we couldn't take advantage...

the 4 + 2...can they be used on 2 different trips? Like in 2 weeks and then the rest in Sept?

So, for this offer, if I have a 6 night stay booked in February and DH and I have APs but I purchased (through Disney) a 6 day park hopper ticket for my cousin when Disney first allowed ticket sales when they re-opened.

Is there a way to get a "credit" for what I paid for my ticket vs. what this deal is for??

the 4 + 2...can they be used on 2 different trips? Like in 2 weeks and then the rest in Sept?

From reports I have read, people were told no. 14 day expiration from first use. Apparently the glitch yesterday is it was coded as a 6 day ticket vs, 4 with 2 free and why it couldn’t be purchased.

So, for this offer, if I have a 6 night stay booked in February and DH and I have APs but I purchased (through Disney) a 6 day park hopper ticket for my cousin when Disney first allowed ticket sales when they re-opened.

Is there a way to get a "credit" for what I paid for my ticket vs. what this deal is for??

Disney does not usually offer refunds or credits once purchased. You can buy new and save the value of this for another time,

Can I buy tickets for friends that are staying on my points but I am not on the reservation and I am not connected to her MDE account?

It’s why if DVC can continue to offer some level of discount like this one, I will always chose them now...given I have an AP and these tickets are usually for guests, I am more likely to always go with Disney regardless.
Right, same here. I'm probably going to be buying 5 tickets for guests later this year so I'll definitely go this route especially with the extra 2 days promo. At least until all the covid-related confusion is gone, it's probably best to do it this way.

I must have missed this. Are you saying that if you buy from a 3rd party, you can't do anything even calling ticketing over the phone? You have to just show up at guest services in person before you can change dates, make park reservations, etc.?? That's crazy.
Once you link tickets to MDE you can make park reservations, regardless of where the tickets were purchased. It's the other changes - effective dates, park hopping, etc. - that need to be changed in person at GR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember, we need to use the link to a business, I had to delete some info that is not allowed.

Called member services this morning at 9am and without too long a wait was able to speak with a CM and buy the promo day tickets.
I did buy the 4 day with 2 bonus days BUT was offered a 5/7 or 6/8 option. Since I only purchased the 4/6 option I can’t guarantee the others would go through but the Cm did offer that they were available!!

hope the extra info helps someone else!!

Does the savings apply based on the 4 days savings? For example 4 days + 2 is ~$60 in savings. But 5/7 and 6/8 become progressively worse in savings as you bump the number of days on the base day ticket.

Does the savings apply based on the 4 days savings? For example 4 days + 2 is ~$60 in savings. But 5/7 and 6/8 become progressively worse in savings as you bump the number of days on the base day ticket.

I can tell you I just made a purchase of a 9 day park hopper. (Buy 7 days get 2 free.) I had it priced out for our dates with tax as:
9 day $685
7 day $641

Actually paid $620. So, based on my experience, I would say yes?

I went to the Disney website and put the ticket I wanted in my cart- it showed me the total price with tax.

I tried that but it didn’t show anything about the extra days. I’m probably going to just call member services to get them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter