Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Weren’t those photos taken from or near the walkway between the gondola station and boat dock? In December (and earlier) there were tall wooden walls enclosing the gondola station and separate walls enclosing an area at the exit from the boat dock. Or I guess they routed y’all out the IG and past the gondola station then a right turn to the backstage area behind GB (we did the 5K two years ago, I’m just now remembering the route there!). I was hoping the construction walls were down but I guess not.

Yeah that path to the backstage area.

This was added by WDWMagic as speculation. There is no confirmed construction at AOA to indicate it is happening. (And I agree with you that they wouldn't want value resort guests to have this good service.
Why not? Are the Deluxe resorts deluxe only due to transportation? It would be really nice for POP, my favorite value, to have access to another mode of transportation.

Why not? Are the Deluxe resorts deluxe only due to transportation? It would be really nice for POP, my favorite value, to have access to another mode of transportation.

Transportation and mutliple access to various things is one of the "perks" of higher level hotels. Values basically just have buses, some of the moderates have a boat to Disney Springs and then the Deluxes have the monorail and/or boats or are very close (walking distance) to a part, etc. (so not *just* transportation, but the element of multiple forms of transportation and proximity to other things)

And I do expect once the Skyliner is up for there to be a larger differentiation between AoA/POP and the All Stars - in price but then also I think they might eventually move away from the Value/Moderate/Deluxe levels and have Bus Only/Skyliner/Monorail/etc type levels

Wait - what the heck are you quoting me from. Did I at one point doubt that AOA and Pop would be included? Perhaps, but if so clearly I was wrong about that.

Just like twitter, you Dis posts will come back to haunt you!

Then again they come back "and totally redeem themselves" as well.

During the "there's no way to get CBR/DVC park access" ongoing debate.

Still the best call in the history of the boards IMO. :worship:

Hey I just thought of a solution.

New DVC resort themed to Brazil/Rio/Carnivale, then add Brazil in WS. Then you just run a gondola from the top of the resort down into the park.

SugarLoafCablecar.jpg

Park access - SOLVED

Seeing resort from inside park - SOLVED

Transportation options count as just one of the elements that determine the "level" of a resort. Other things like restaurants and room size are important.

Coronado Springs, a moderate, has just bus transportation to the parks, no?

Transportation options count as just one of the elements that determine the "level" of a resort. Other things like restaurants and room size are important.

Coronado Springs, a moderate, has just bus transportation to the parks, no?
I believe pools enhancements also come into play. The value resort pools do not have any slides nor zero-entry areas.

I guess it's a wait and see thing.To me it's a novelty for the first year and then we will see how long people would have to wait and will it stay moving in weather like winds and lightning. I still like the mono rail expansion over the gondola.

I still like the mono rail expansion over the gondola.
I really think that everybody would love to see a monorail expansion instead of the gondolas except for the bean counters and people that whole Disney stock you want to see a better return on their investment. There have been many discussions here about the cost to expand monorail system and its astronomical compared to the gondola option.

I really think that everybody would love to see a monorail expansion instead of the gondolas except for the bean counters and people that whole Disney stock you want to see a better return on their investment. There have been many discussions here about the cost to expand monorail system and its astronomical compared to the gondola option.
I'm sure part of that the cost for things-concrete, labor, engineering, etc is probably at a much steeper price than it was when it was first initiated. Plus as time goes on cost for repair of existing track can go up and up. I would love love love for the monorail to get some love, get an expansion even just a bit further but it's unrealistic IMO. Not unless they can come up with a way modern way of doing it that cuts out things here and there that end up reducing the costs.

I’m one who is happy to see the addition of gondolas over a monorail expansion. There may be others who feel this way too.

Then again they come back "and totally redeem themselves" as well.

During the "there's no way to get CBR/DVC park access" ongoing debate.

Still the best call in the history of the boards IMO. :worship:

Pete should totally get commission or royalties for that suggestion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter