*Confirmed* G+ Changes to Advanced Lightning Lane

Three selections (rides and times), 7 days in advance for onsite (and some other) guests, and after using first selection can check for additional choices.
Ahhh.. i guess i am the Test subject. ugh!

I arrive 7/20 and will be there till 7/28. So fingers crossed its not too confusing! I'm nervous.
I know the feeling. We were guinea pigs for the initial roll-out of Genie+, and it was our HWS day. It did not go great, and I was one of the many people waiting in a very long line at a guest services umbrella to deal with issues. Hopefully, it will go smoothly for you. Sending you lots of pixie dust!

Three selections (rides and times), 7 days in advance for onsite (and some other) guests, and after using first selection can check for additional choices.

I know the feeling. We were guinea pigs for the initial roll-out of Genie+, and it was our HWS day. It did not go great, and I was one of the many people waiting in a very long line at a guest services umbrella to deal with issues. Hopefully, it will go smoothly for you. Sending you lots of pixie dust!

Thank you! It will be weird having the normal Genie + for half the week and then swap up for the Rest. Luckily Wednesday is a rest day for us, so I'll make sure to be on the boards reading peoples experiences! I'll be at Epcot on Thursday and our 2nd MK day on Friday. So I'll have 3 park days with the Old and then 2 with the new.

This sounds great… and on-site guests will be able to book 7 days in advance for the entire length of stay! I wonder if that means you will have to purchase for every day of if you can pick every other day?

LOL, everyone acting like this is the best thing ever have clearly not thought through all of the implications of this new system. Congrats on not waking up early each day, but now you get 3 attractions in one park for what will probably be a higher price. Scan into your first LL of the day and I guarantee anything good will be gone for the rest of the day in the ONE park you chose. That's how FP+ was. This system looks like hot garbage.

The issue isn't really the system, it's the bandwidth. There is more demand than there is supply, so they are going to charge more and people are going to be aggressively competing for the same slots. This only changes when that happens. The real solution is to create more bandwidth!

Last edited:
Ahhh.. i guess i am the Test subject. ugh!

I arrive 7/20 and will be there till 7/28. So fingers crossed its not too confusing! I'm nervous.
I'll be right there with you. I'm not thrilled about it. I'd rather miss the new system completely than have it roll out while I'm there. And we'll have no onsite advantage with this timing.

LOL, everyone acting like this is the best thing ever have clearly not thought through all of the implications of this new system. Congrats on not waking up early each day, but now you get 3 attractions in one park for what will probably be a higher price. Scan into your first LL of the day and I guarantee anything good will be gone for the rest of the day in the ONE park you chose. That's how FP+ was. This system looks like hot garbage.

I disagree. I never had issues getting multiple rides in with fp+. Lots of people had success with it and preferred it over g+, not because of the cost but because it worked better.

I'm thrilled with the change even though I know it'll cost more.

Tiers are now shown on the WDW website: Here is the one for MK:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/lightning-lane-passes/#drawer-card-drawerMagicKingdomPark

If I remember correctly, MK did not have tiers in FP+, as I thought we were able to pull Big Thunder, Splash (now TBA), and Space as our rides. Now those are the Tier 1 rides, along with Peter Pan and Jungle Cruise. So that doesn't feel like such a great thing. o_O

I don't like the tiering - that makes it more complicated. Oh well, whatcha gonna do?

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest