Three Things...Gratitude Thread

God Morning or Afternoon (depending on where you live) :wave:

Some quickie answers since I'm at work......

My haircolor - I use Loreal and the color is great and a great price.:thumbsup2

My Jack Sparrow Pez Dispenser - I'm looking at it on my desk now - I love it, and it has Pez in it :thumbsup2

Rubies - my favorite stone, next to diamonds.

The Red Sox... Boston girl here, and while I don't follow baseball like I used to, I'll always be a Red Sox fan. I can't tell you anything about the current players, line up, or even what position they are in, but there is nothing as sweet as the Sox beating the Yankees... especially in the Bronx!!

My red sweater. It's a pull over, with silver "shot" (hollow silver tubes about 1cm long) all over the bodice area. I love this sweater. I bought it for a holiday gathering at DH's former work, and it looked great with my black pencil skirt and heels. It also looks equally great with jeans. I just love it!

Fall leaves. Here in New England, we get red leaves in the fall. True red leaves, not those with an orange or bronze tint. OK, we get those too, but I love the true red leaves on my maple tree- and it's almost time!

Red glassware: I used to collect it. I love the way it looks when light shines through it.

Years ago, I was always partial to red candies, probably ingested way too much red dye! Jujubes, red (only) licorice, hard candies and cough drops, anything “cherry” flavored. (Now it’s cherry flavored ColdEeze)

Male cardinals, especially in the winter when they are easy to see in the leafless trees, evergreens, and snow.

Honorable Mention: Christmas decorations!!

Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day pirate:

#1 - Free Cone Day at DQ - DH, DD21 and I used to drive to EVERY DQ in relatively close proximity of our house to get that free cone. The last time we did this, we went to 11 and we felt like we were going to throw up when we were done. We’d laugh and jam out to music - so many great memories with this. We don’t do this anymore because DD21 is away at school.

#2 - Yearly Looking at Christmas decorations - DD21 and I go out every year to look at peoples Christmas decorations. We choose a different subdivision or area every year and look at them after going out to dinner. We look forward to this every year.

#3 - Getting Starbucks on Thanksgiving Morning - I started this many years ago after Starbucks opened in our town. My girls were little and getting Starbucks was a big deal. Even though DD21 gets Starbucks all the time now, she still enjoys this tradition every Thanksgiving morning. It’s the only day of the year that I get Starbucks, and I always get a pumpkin spice Frappuccino.

When my daughter and nieces were little, we'd always stay offsite at my sister's condo when going to WDW. We started a thing... When we pretty close to the WDW sign that stretches across the road entryway to Disney property, we'd start talking about our terrible vacation in boring, boring Florida, SOOOOO boring. However, as we'd go under the sign, we'd all chant, "But now, we're in DISNEY WORLD!!!" and screaming would ensue. Well, we still do that, even though DD will be 31 on Monday. Heck, I still do that, even when I'm traveling solo!

We have "family words" from when DD and my nieces were little. Some make some sort of sense... comfty clothes, millesine instead of limosine, hangaburgers instead of hamburgers, for example. Others? Doodah means yogurt, knockknee means popcorn, pocosole is popsicle. Just stuff that carried thru the years from when the kids were truly kids.

Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey. DD and I get a pint of this on the first night of every vacation, and sit in bed to eat it. If we have a freezer in the room, that's good, but sometimes I have to get creative to make it happen, but we ALWAYS have that Chunks-of-Monks. Also, mint Oreos. We only buy mint oreos when we are on vacation!

I don't think it's silly, and finding the right ornament is not always fun for me, but every Christmas eve I give DD an ornament that portrays something major that happened over the year. Some years it's easy, some not so easy, but it's our tradition. It's from me, to her, so it represents something from her life- like I wouldn't give her a "our family" kind of ornament, as that's not specific to her.

Watching old movies and quoting them or just quoting them when talking to people can be very entertaining!!

Animal antics - the funny things your pets do - my dog like to play ball by himself if I won’t do it - it’s very funny - he throws the ball himself then waits a few seconds then attacks it - very funny how he does it !!

Singing along to songs at work - we are a very small office and very casual no customers- we often play music and sing along or perform it’s very funny ( we are not very good ) but we do have fun !!!

Filling our big cups full of ice water and sitting at our desk shaking them because one of the men said it was so stupid women do this - so we started doing it 🤣🤣🤣🤣 only two women and four men so we are outnumbered- we have a hard time not laughing when we do it !!! Funny little prank I’m grateful I have someone to prank with !!!

Good morning, friends :)

Leebee, dad and I have slowly started a Christmas ornament tradition similar to yours. God willing, when I'm fully recovered we will be able to continue/rekindle it.

Dad and I have come to enjoy doing together at meals a color (not a fan of the black and white option) Hidden picture meant for kids. Simple and fun enjoyed together, similar to nicknames we have for each other at times.

God willing we will enjoy a new Disneyland memory next May that may inspire a tradition.

Waffle House - We have a driving tradition where we call out Waffle Houses. We don't usually maintain a count, but it's a game to see who can spot it first and call it. There are some rules...like it can't be just the location sign or one of those highway signs listing food at the next exit. You must see the physical building. You are also eligible to call the same Waffle House on a return or subsequent trip. The funny part...we don't like eating at Waffle House!

LEON - DD15 was in pre-K ...so right around the time she was starting to get the hang of reading. We like to drive around in December to look at Christmas lights and several people in our neighborhood had the same block style decorations that spelled out NOEL. They were stacked vertically instead of horizontally, so there was no left to right orientation like in a book to guide you which way the letters went. After seeing a few, DD asked us why so many people had "LEON" on their lawns because she'd never heard about him in any Christmas stories. Now, any time we see anything with the name Leon or any decorations with Noel, we have to bring up "LEON." I had a Noel decoration for the lawn to also celebrate this funniness at home, but it broke last year. So, I think I need a new "LEON" this year.

20/20 Vision Y'all! - We first took the girls to Yellowstone over the summer of 2018. Animal spotting was a big part of that trip. I was often the driver, so I was relying on everyone else to be on the lookout for wildlife. I forget what DD15 saw (she was 8 at the time) but it was something off in the distance that was harder to spot. After getting some praise for her find, she punctuated it by saying "20/20 Vision Y'all!" It became her catchphrase any time she spotted something, it was carried over to subsequent national parks trips, as well as just driving around at home. We've all kind of latched onto it. It's a good laugh when anyone yells it out. It's also a good dig if said sarcastically when someone spots something, but it just turns out to be a boulder or a log.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest