Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Heading out to Foodland to pick up some air miles deals--flipped my account to cash (yesterday) in preparation of Spring Mgga Miles promo.
Headed with DS later today to check out Staples.
Happy airmiling and happy weekend everyone!
Hugs Mel
Hi everyone
so I have never done cash miles but this intrigues me...can you help me understand what the benefit would be to switch for the mega miles event?(which I'm totally excited for!)
I've never done it before but am open to it.

Completely forgot about about seeing Wonder at the Cineplex today...was driving home after shopping at Metro and Staples and thought, something was on special today...get home and was unpacking the groceries and saw the ticket on the fridge...looked at the clock and it was 10:45 am...oh well...It was not meant to be....did notice that Wonder is playing on demand for $6.95, which is probably way cheaper than what I would have paid for popcorn at the theatre...and it will be quieter watching it in the family room than in the theatre....

Hi everyone
so I have never done cash miles but this intrigues me...can you help me understand what the benefit would be to switch for the mega miles event?(which I'm totally excited for!)

Hi
So usually there is an offer or two when they run a Mega Miles promo,,,

example:
spend (use) 95 cash airmiles (which is worth $10.00 store cash) at Sobeys OR /Foodland OR /Metro /OR Rexall and you have met one of your offer spends.

Last time around there were 4 or more of these offers and I had no "cash airmiles" to do any of the offers. So for the next couple of days I am restocking my cash airmiles to be prepared should the Spring Mega miles promo have these type of offers again..
I will switch back to dream miles in a few days when the purchases I've made post to my account under cash.

*****Remember it does take at least till 3 am the following day that you make a change to your airmiles balance to take effect--you will receive an email from airmiles telling you that a change has been made to your account and when the change will take effect*******

I hope that explanation helps a bit.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Completely forgot about about seeing Wonder at the Cineplex today...was driving home after shopping at Metro and Staples and thought, something was on special today...get home and was unpacking the groceries and saw the ticket on the fridge...looked at the clock and it was 10:45 am...oh well...It was not meant to be....did notice that Wonder is playing on demand for $6.95, which is probably way cheaper than what I would have paid for popcorn at the theatre...and it will be quieter watching it in the family room than in the theatre....
Shoot I forgot about those free movie passes. Would be something good to take the grandson to, because he rarely sits through a movie, then it's not so bad when it's free! lol

Hi everyone
Mel explained the WHY for collecting some cash miles but in case you don't know HOW here's a link that explains the benefits/rewards and how to actually do it! I would suggest 100% cash until you have enough to do ~ 2 transactions =190 Cash Miles Be sure to complete the whole switch over -- there is one final page that looks like this. The change won't happen till 3 am the following dayupload_2018-2-24_12-6-3.png
Cash Miles Overview

As SOON as you change to Cash Miles make sure you LOCK your Cash account. To redeem miles you simply need to swipe your card and poof, gone. There is no need to enter a PIN meaning anyone can use those hard earned miles by mistake!!
To do that, hover over the little arrow beside "Your profile" and click on Lock Cash Account. When you're ready to use them follow the same procedure to unlock -- you'll need to use your PIN to unlock. You can do this thru the APP as well but I'm not sure of the process since my phone can't handle that app (memory & battery hog!!!)
Lock/Unlock Cash Account

Shoot I forgot about those free movie passes. Would be something good to take the grandson to, because he rarely sits through a movie, then it's not so bad when it's free! lol
This promo is good thru till May 19th, plenty of time to get stuck in a theatre with a bunch of kids :P
Free Cineplex Movie Passes

****EDITED TO ADD -- if anyone has any interest in this promo, it looks like anyone can use the codes the site generates and because you will turn around and enter them into your Cineplex account there will be no way to know which card got them. SO i have 6 sitting here i won't use that are up for grabs!

Heading out to Foodland to pick up some air miles deals--flipped my account to cash (yesterday) in preparation of Spring Mgga Miles promo.
Headed with DS later today to check out Staples.
Happy airmiling and happy weekend everyone!
Hugs Mel

Good idea to save some money in cash for Spring Mega Miles, hadn't thought this through yet, thank you!

Went to Staples today, coupon code on receipt for the 75 ams, now just need to wait up to 120 days lol.

Staples had the Spring Mega Miles coupon available promoting it, Staples coupon only. 10x wus $75, not great but it's their usual promo amount I think.

I hope my Sobeys airmiles post today as I really want to change over to cash airmiles but I have one more travel certificate to buy before I do that. Why can't all sponsors post airmiles like Rexall does?
Hugs Mel

Out of curiosity, why are you switching to cash miles? I've thought about it but I really like saving my dream miles for travel certificate. I am afraid that if I switch to cash reward I will just blow it $10 at a time.

Out of curiosity, why are you switching to cash miles? I've thought about it but I really like saving my dream miles for travel certificate. I am afraid that if I switch to cash reward I will just blow it $10 at a time.
Mel explained it a couple of posts up ... all we are doing is getting enough cash miles to be ready for using a coupon or two during the Mega Miles promo. You won't "blow" the miles if you keep your Cash account locked and only use them for specific promos. One offer late last year at Sobeys was use 95 cash miles get 95 miles ...by that point i had already switched back to dream miles so those 95 miles went from one column to the other AND i got $10.00 worth of groceries free. Once i have enough for 2 redemptions I will go back to 100% Dream

Mel explained it a couple of posts up ... all we are doing is getting enough cash miles to be ready for using a coupon or two during the Mega Miles promo. You won't "blow" the miles if you keep your Cash account locked and only use them for specific promos. One offer late last year at Sobeys was use 95 cash miles get 95 miles ...by that point i had already switched back to dream miles so those 95 miles went from one column to the other AND i got $10.00 worth of groceries free. Once i have enough for 2 redemptions I will go back to 100% Dream

Good thinking! I will go look for the other post and read up on it.

I went to see Wonder with my in-laws. There were maybe 10 people under the age of 25. The rest of the theater was adults. It was a real good tear jerker of a movie. So many things to pull at your heartstrings. They said the theater was sold out but others must have ventured off to another movie because there was still room in our theater. The theatre didn't start to get full until maybe 10 minutes before the movie.

We didn't eat any popcorn so it was a good/inexpensive mid-day movie.

Hi,
My friend and I went to the dinner too and sat by your son. We had a great time chatting with him and his wife. He was right the food and drinks were awesome! Plus he won some wine and I won 250 miles. Not a bad night

Well Hello AussieAsh
Ryan told me about meeting you and how you won 250 airmiles ,,so happy for you!
They were just visiting me today and said again what a lovely time they had.
He told me about the wine but insists I have to come visit his new home in order to try a glass.lol
Welcome to our DIS Airmiles family.
Hugs Mel

I"m not sure what type of gift card you will be purchasing. but i recently found out that any Mastercard or Visa gc you purchase if they are not used within a year...they will start to charge you 4.95 per month to " hold and keep the card active " for you. I found this out when one of our sons was finally using a GC he got as an xmas gift last year ( 2016 ) and it wasn't worth it's full value. When I called them about it...that's what I was told. I made a fuss over it because it was one for our kids and they did send me a small valued card to appease me. But I was NOT impressed. So this is just a heads up if you were going to purchase a Mastercard or Visa one.

Thanks for the heads up. I know from experience they charge like $5.95 just to activate the gift card, but that's crazy to penalize for not using it within a year.

My airmiles day today:

Went to staples to take advantage of the spend $75 get 75 airmiles. I needed printer ink so easy enough. I get to staples and there's also a promotion when I get a $15 gc when I buy 2 hp inks, which is what I needed. So I picked up my 4 colours and a bag of eggies to get my $75 minimum, and received a $30 gc.

Had to go to Sobeys but there wasn't much for AM, so I printed out the 150 AM when you spend $150 from the hub, plus a couple others. I meant to redeem my cash miles since it was lowered to 75 for $10, but I forgot to unlock my account. I'll go back tomorrow though and pick up a few things I forgot, and redeem it tomorrow.

Hey all - sorry to bring up the WDW tickets again but I have loaded the 7 day WDW Adult tickets for myself and my husband into MDE. I did find on page 516 what others saw in their MDE. Mine also shows no ticket expiry date. Just the colourful boxes. I'm using an iPhone 6S and my apps and everything are up to date.

Am I missing something?

Trying to find out if mine expire before 2030.

Don't see any valid til date on the website for MDE either. :(

Hey all - sorry to bring up the WDW tickets again but I have loaded the 7 day WDW Adult tickets for myself and my husband into MDE. I did find on page 516 what others saw in their MDE. Mine also shows no ticket expiry date. Just the colourful boxes. I'm using an iPhone 6S and my apps and everything are up to date.

Am I missing something?

Trying to find out if mine expire before 2030.

Don't see any valid til date on the website for MDE either. :(

Interesting. Mine used to show a 2030 expiry date but now none of them show any days at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter