Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I hope my Sobeys airmiles post today as I really want to change over to cash airmiles but I have one more travel certificate to buy before I do that. Why can't all sponsors post airmiles like Rexall does?
Hugs Mel

I switched to Cash on Tuesday (3am). My shopping from last week (Feb 17 posted) all came through to my Dream account (as they should have). I was concerned they might have ended up in my Cash account but they posted as I had anticipated. I now have 200AM in my Cash account (Rexall posted this morning) so I have switched it back to Dream (3am Friday).

Your shopping from last week should post to whatever your account was set to on Saturday.

O.k. so the Duck has a bit of a dilemma... today was one of my butt crack of stupid o'clock days and on my way downtown one of my socks managed to wiggle it's way under my foot so I developed quite the interesting blister on my heel. Luckily I'm one of those people who carries everything in my backpack/purse and THAT includes blister bandaids, stuck it on but the dang thing is still bugging me. Now, I could hit up the Shoppers in the hospital lobby to look for insoles or wait till I hobble to the Rexall across from the greyhound station. BUT the flyer is full of things I need, including bandaids and insoles.... to put together a $40 sale today might be a stretch, so do I limp along till I get home, change my socks and shoes and hope for a better batch of LnG offers to combine with a potential email coupon next week or buy stuff I don't REALLY need to get the miles today??? :rolleyes1

Sometimes we just need to suffer a little for our craft. What's the saying no gain without pain. Just kidding!

Staples email
In store only and one day only
spend 75.00 get 75 Bonus airmiles
65143_hero_640_en.jpg

I need printer ink. That would take care of it. But do I want to do that now or hold out for Mega Miles? Was that targeted or do you think it is a general email?

I'm not sure if i can handle a shop today or not, i managed to hobble to the bus and hubby picked me up when i got back to the city -- really wanted to get those cash miles for the Mega Miles promo because there will more than likely be at least one offer to do that!

I can't wait till March 8th .. the blister is on my heel, already very large and about ready to open up :crazy2: The flyer tomorrow is AMAZING for me though, both bandaids AND insoles have bonus miles and are on sale! I'm sure there will be things i need once March 8th rolls around so I'll be able to do the MM promo as well (there are advantages to being this old and "broken")

Healing Hugs being sent your way!
Hugs Mel
giphy.gif

I need printer ink. That would take care of it. But do I want to do that now or hold out for Mega Miles? Was that targeted or do you think it is a general email?
It's a general email -- we have it too. Side note regarding printer ink, we bought an Epson Eco-tank printer last year during Mega Miles thru the airmilesshop portal and earned a TON of miles. It cost just over $600 but we haven't even gone thru a quarter of the ink included! We were spending (easily) over $100 every other month on ink so this printer has more than paid for itself!

Ours is an Epson I don't know which model. DH complains that I go through too much ink printing out my weekly offers etc. I just like to think of it as I print so that the ink doesn't dry up and get wasted.

He says next printer he gets will be a laser printer (the ink is a powder that never dries out?) but it doesn't come with colours so I told him he could keep that one in his office, I'll keep this one.

Just printed off the Staples coupon and used more ink:D

Ours is an Epson I don't know which model. DH complains that I go through too much ink printing out my weekly offers etc. I just like to think of it as I print so that the ink doesn't dry up and get wasted.

He says next printer he gets will be a laser printer (the ink is a powder that never dries out?) but it doesn't come with colours so I told him he could keep that one in his office, I'll keep this one.

Colour laser printers exist but are more $$$.

Does anyone know if the $10 off gift coupon on $30 spend at Rexall Fri-Sun is just for seniors? It seems like on one version of the flyer it says this but on another version for phones it omits this fact.

Does anyone know if the $10 off gift coupon on $30 spend at Rexall Fri-Sun is just for seniors? It seems like on one version of the flyer it says this but on another version for phones it omits this fact.

Hi Hon
The way I am reading it is
On Tuesday Feb 27
Seniors get 20% off PLUS get a free store gift coupon for $10.00 when they spend $50.00 dollars
Hugs Mel
rexall-pharmaplus-on-flyer-february-23-to-march-11.jpg

See next post
Fri Feb 23 to Sunday Feb. 25th
Spend $30.00 and get a $10.00 Rexall gift coupon.
rexall-pharmaplus-on-flyer-february-23-to-march-13.jpg

Last edited:
Had an okay shop at Foodland on my home from work tonight...spent $51.76 and got 48 Air Miles...

thanks for the information about Staples....I too need some printer ink and some paper....so it looks like a trip to Staples on Saturday....

I have an Epson too and you can get the cartridges refilled at Costco for less than half the price. In fact you can refill most cartridges there for a fraction of the cost .

http://costcoinkjetrefill.ca/

darn.. doesn’t look like they do it in Ottawa.

So guess who only needs 7 more AM to make Onyx for this year already? :dancer:

Well, I can't say I really earned it - 3,150 AM were compliments of AM for their screw up of that Disney ticket order. But, I will make sure I still get as many as possible because I don't trust that at some point in time they say that it shouldn't count towards it.

But for now, I'll do that happy dance! :thumbsup2 lol

So guess who only needs 7 more AM to make Onyx for this year already? :dancer:

Well, I can't say I really earned it - 3,150 AM were compliments of AM for their screw up of that Disney ticket order. But, I will make sure I still get as many as possible because I don't trust that at some point in time they say that it shouldn't count towards it.

But for now, I'll do that happy dance! :thumbsup2 lol

I've got just under 1000 to go on my account till ONYX. It will be a while till I get there because I'm strategically shopping on three different cards at the moment. Preparing for all eventualities for Mega Miles.

You 2 are off to a great start. If it wasnt for my 2000 from STB I would had 5... Yup have a whole 2005 for this year.
Hmmm would love bacon deal instead of pickle this year. Come on bacon.

The Staples AM deal should have come last week....Costco had a great deal on our printer ink last week so we are fully stocked for the next little while. I'll just continue to work towards my Shell AM deal. On a side note, my PC Optimum balance is already worth over $125, thanks to to the recent merger of the two programs. Time to redeem for another gift card soon I think!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter