Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Can PC Optimum points be used for gift cards? I'd like to use mine for the Disney gift card.

I was able to redeem my points under the old PC points program, just by adding a gift card (usually Visa/MC) to my groceries. It worked since I made sure I only shopped at Superstore that week, so that the gift card would be less obvious when my total spend was over $200. I'm excited to redeem my points for Disney gift cards eventually, but we don't have a trip planned yet, since we were just there last year.

Looks like this week is the final week for the Shop The Block 3 transactions over $20 150AM bonus. I still haven't seen this in my account!

Looks like this week is the final week for the Shop The Block 3 transactions over $20 150AM bonus. I still haven't seen this in my account!
Do an online chat and you should have those miles posted quickly. You are not the only person who had trouble with those --- i had both of my accounts credited with the 150 plus all the miles associated with the transactions. Arm yourself with the following:
  • date of transaction
  • name of *store*
  • pre-tax amount of transaction
  • if there were any multipliers happening when you did your transactions --- was it during the 15x for Black Friday/Cyber Monday?? Did any of the stores have individual offers as well?
Go for it! Get those miles

Ugh. DH did the shopping this weekend and should have earned around 60-70 miles with his My Offers. NONE of them were posted on his receipt. Not even the spend threshold one. And now I will have to call them this morning and have them essentially accuse me of lying that they didn't post. I mean, really? Do they really think people have time to call and lie about a few air miles? They try to "get me" by asking what the total of the order was before tax. I always have to remind them that there isn't that much tax added to groceries so it won't be a straight "add 15%" of the bill.

grrr.

Good luck with that. I called (Sobeys) over two weeks ago about a loaded item that didn't post on my receipt. They were very polite on the phone and said yes they could see that I hadn't been credited with the "Lettuce" purchase. I was told the airmiles were being added and that I should see them in my account within 10-14 days. Nada. Had the same thing happen with cheese strings back in October. They never showed up and I can't be bothered to follow up with Airmiles over 7AM.

When I get one of the men on Sobeys help line I have no issue with AM being posted. But the last two times I've had the woman (can't remember her name) they have not posted as they should. Not being sexist with that comment I just don't know how else to identify the person I spoke with and had issues with.

When I get one of the men on Sobeys help line I have no issue with AM being posted. But the last two times I've had the woman (can't remember her name) they have not posted as they should. Not being sexist with that comment I just don't know how else to identify the person I spoke with and had issues with.

That's funny because I get the opposite experience. There is one guys who always grills me. It's kind of funny. I bet they have a tracker for your air miles number and they see how many times you call in. One time I called him out and asked him if he thought I was lying when he was trying to stump me with the subtotal amount on my receipt. I told him if the miles would just posted properly I wouldn't have to waste my time calling him and he wouldn't have a job. That shut him up pretty quickly LOL

Most receipts (from Sobeys, but probably other stores) should have an actual Subtotal line right at the end of the list of items. It is usually followed by a tax line, and then, in bigger font and bolded, is the Total. Most groceries shouldn't have tax, yes. However, beware that in some provinces the subtotal for Air Miles spend might be a little deceiving...
For example, here in NS we can't count "fluid milk" toward any bonus programs. So if my subtotal is exactly $50.50 (if I was going for a "spend and get") but one of the items was a 2L carton of milk, I actually wouldn't have earned the points.

Now, I'm not suggesting any of your issues have been this... I know you guys are all great collectors. But the fine print can exclude some things from counting when earning AM.

arrrggghhh I know this is the air Miles forum but I am just so frustrated with the new PC Optimum I had to rant somewhere!

My personal page still wont load offers. I just did an online chat and they are "working on it" hahaha. The customer service person gave me 5000 points for my trouble but you know-honestly-they should have this worked out by now!!!

My personal page still wont load offers. I just did an online chat and they are "working on it" hahaha. The customer service person gave me 5000 points for my trouble but you know-honestly-they should have this worked out by now!!!

As a casual cashier for No Frills...I have heard of others having trouble with this too. You are one of the " lucky" ones it seems. Honestly it has been pretty bug free. From what others are saying it has been a pretty smooth transition. And yes...they should have this worked out by now. It's been almost a month now since the new program rolled out. Just hang in there...call back, live chat...keep on them over it. They owe it to you...especially if your a loyal customer and work their program to use those promotions to get your points.

Most receipts (from Sobeys, but probably other stores) should have an actual Subtotal line right at the end of the list of items. It is usually followed by a tax line, and then, in bigger font and bolded, is the Total. Most groceries shouldn't have tax, yes. However, beware that in some provinces the subtotal for Air Miles spend might be a little deceiving...
For example, here in NS we can't count "fluid milk" toward any bonus programs. So if my subtotal is exactly $50.50 (if I was going for a "spend and get") but one of the items was a 2L carton of milk, I actually wouldn't have earned the points.

Now, I'm not suggesting any of your issues have been this... I know you guys are all great collectors. But the fine print can exclude some things from counting when earning AM.

No, I realize this. But if my spend is $40 get 15 miles and my subtotal is well over that at $180, I think I'm okay, even if we buy some fluid dairy.

As a casual cashier for No Frills...I have heard of others having trouble with this too. You are one of the " lucky" ones it seems. Honestly it has been pretty bug free. From what others are saying it has been a pretty smooth transition. And yes...they should have this worked out by now. It's been almost a month now since the new program rolled out. Just hang in there...call back, live chat...keep on them over it. They owe it to you...especially if your a loyal customer and work their program to use those promotions to get your points.

Thanks for your perspective @Pumpkin1172

I have a rant about the new PC program as well. With the old Optimum program, I used to get a weekly targeted offer for 4L jugs of milk, get 20x the points! Now, I don't get those anymore as the program is essentially PC Plus, not anything like Optimum. I used to earned a lot of points in the past just from my weekly milk run! Not anymore...

That's funny because I get the opposite experience. There is one guys who always grills me. It's kind of funny. I bet they have a tracker for your air miles number and they see how many times you call in. One time I called him out and asked him if he thought I was lying when he was trying to stump me with the subtotal amount on my receipt. I told him if the miles would just posted properly I wouldn't have to waste my time calling him and he wouldn't have a job. That shut him up pretty quickly LOL
They actually do keep track of how many "missing mile" claims we put in .. my main account is flagged and I've been warned that i will need to be able to provide detailed proof for any "Future claims" I just about lost it that day and told the Customer non-service agent that they would discover they had more than met their match. I have every single receipt for the last 7 years (and that includes dollar stores!) so hubby can provide documentation if CRA asked for it connected to business expenses. (He claims part of household expenses on the business taxes). I told them that if THEY did their job I wouldn't need to follow up!!!

*** this is for AM proper not the myoffer number

Now that we all have the same non-targetted LnG offers from Rexall can anyone else see a threshold spend offer? I checked back over the last couple of weeks and we start talking about those on either Friday or Saturday. I don't have one this week and held off on my main shopping trip with the hopes i could get more miles than the flyer offers would provide (meaning i missed out on the $10 gift card) Fingers crossed for an email coupon at least

I have a rant about the new PC program as well. With the old Optimum program, I used to get a weekly targeted offer for 4L jugs of milk, get 20x the points! Now, I don't get those anymore as the program is essentially PC Plus, not anything like Optimum. I used to earned a lot of points in the past just from my weekly milk run! Not anymore...

My PC points have dried up too, I used to get between 15,000-20,000 PC points a week, with targeted offers. the last 3 weeks, I have eared 2,000.

I used to get a weekly targeted offer for 4L jugs of milk, get 20x the points!

My one very good friend said the same thing. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens as this program rolls out and see if the weekly targeted offers change. Knowing how Loblaws works...I'm sure that they will work it in " their " favor :sad2: Which is nothing new. I was never an avid Optimum saver as the closest shoppers was always across town, and it just never seemed to work well for me. I'm hoping that you will get those offers back.
I do know that our shoppers here had a bonus 20,000 day last saturday. I didn't get to check it out, as I was working the second job, had a kiddos birthday and other things going on. I hope I can get in on the next one that happens

Now that we all have the same non-targetted LnG offers from Rexall can anyone else see a threshold spend offer? I checked back over the last couple of weeks and we start talking about those on either Friday or Saturday. I don't have one this week and held off on my main shopping trip with the hopes i could get more miles than the flyer offers would provide (meaning i missed out on the $10 gift card) Fingers crossed for an email coupon at least

Nothing here yet. I'm hoping an email shows up later today. I'll even take a spend $50 get 100AM (not my favourite shop but I have enough to meet that threshold this week)

I always got this one, plus a bunch of different spend X, get 8000/10000/12000 pts or 10x/15x/20x points. I'm now getting weeks without any Shoppers options at all (all produce, meat, etc). And instead of 15-20 offers/week from Loblaws, I'm now getting around 10. PC Optimum is a poor second best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter