Airmiles Armchair Chatter

The Staples AM deal should have come last week....Costco had a great deal on our printer ink last week so we are fully stocked for the next little while. I'll just continue to work towards my Shell AM deal. On a side note, my PC Optimum balance is already worth over $125, thanks to to the recent merger of the two programs. Time to redeem for another gift card soon I think!

Can PC Optimum points be used for gift cards? I'd like to use mine for the Disney gift card.

Can PC Optimum points be used for gift cards? I'd like to use mine for the Disney gift card.

Not really, from what I understand you can't just buy a gift card and pay with points. Some people buy say $50 worth of product and a $50 Disney gift card and redeem $50 in points and pay $50. The product is what qualifies for the $50 redemption, not the gift card. They use this method as a way to save up for their Disney trip.

Hey all - sorry to bring up the WDW tickets again but I have loaded the 7 day WDW Adult tickets for myself and my husband into MDE. I did find on page 516 what others saw in their MDE. Mine also shows no ticket expiry date. Just the colourful boxes. I'm using an iPhone 6S and my apps and everything are up to date.

Am I missing something?

Trying to find out if mine expire before 2030.

Don't see any valid til date on the website for MDE either. :(

I think it depends on the ticket and the version you are on. My android, on the most current release shows the following:

2018 tickets
4d Cdn tickets bought direct not activated, 0 days valid through blank

early 2017 tickets (prior deal)
8d hopper, Cdn am tickets activated and upgraded, 8 days valid through 12/31/2030
8D hopper, Cdn am tickets activated and upgraded but not linked before being upgraded, 8 days valid through blank
5D Cdn am tickets not activated, 0 days valid through blank

Two weeks ago, or whenever this was being discussed (page 516), I was getting different results on two different versions, I just didn't post. I have an old model ipad that is incompatible with the current version, it was on the current version last year. That version would only show the first 7 tickets, so only 2017 ones and if I recall correctly they all said expire 2030 at the same time I was getting blanks on my phone for the same tickets. Unfortunately, I can't get into it at the moment to report today's status, it's now locking me out. IMHO, it could be something as simple as the programmer's code on different versions, "If date blank display 12/31/2030". Just a thought.

I really don't think we will know if the Fall 2017/2018 expiry dates are longer than Dec 31, 2018 until someone takes one to guest services and asks how long they have to activate it. I can't do it until the end of August lol.

Edit: @osully, I am back into my ipad version now, must have been doing an upgrade yesterday as it has changed. My ipad version is not getting anything showing the expiry date or number of days on my last's years 5d Cdn am certificates and the 4d Cdn tickets bought direct. I think we are both seeing the same thing, colourful boxes lol. I rechecked the android version and it still says the above.

Last edited:
Home from Metro rather successful hunting trip, but only because i need calcium which = yogurt!! I picked out 5 of the ones on sale with 50 AM, stood there for a fair length of time pondering if i should get 10 but eventually talked myself out of it (I mean come on, $35.00 worth of yogurt?!?!?) Got to the till, and I scanned while hubby bagged (the self-check really fits in perfectly with his OCD streak which forces him to bag even when we use a cashier!). The employee who oversees the self-scan area confirmed that the coupons are now loaded to our card and will only work once (sigh) and then asked why I only bought 5 yogurts "It's your favourite isn't it? Why only 5? If you buy 10 that's enough miles for $10 of free groceries!" So yup, back to far end of the store (upped the step count towards my Carrot APP to earn more free movies :P ) and found 5 packages that are good till April 4th.

Final total --$81.07 for a total 118 miles

Now i need to figure out how those miles will be posted? I can't find the terms & conditions related to how/when miles post, can someone help? Will today's miles post as Cash (forgot to toggle back to dream after i didn't shop at Rexall) or as Dream if i change it since my Metro is terrible, still waiting for Feb 4th to post.

Haha sounds like my Safeway I go to, the dairy manager is seriously always trying to sell me something... it's a running joke now in my household, as they have awesome clearance markdown there, but the guy chases you down like he's going to put it in your basket anyway if you say no! :P "you need more yogurt? Any dips? Do you need sour cream for anything? We have LOTS of cheeeeeeese!!!"

Metro is interesting at the moment. It used to be that they would accumulate all earnings Sunday - Saturday and post on with the Saturday date. Miles would show up the following Wednesday. But what I have noticed recently is that they are showing up in my account with the date I made the purchase. They still don't post until the following Wednesday but where they used to show the Saturday date they now show the date I made the purchase. I don't know if the date I made the purchase becomes the posting date or not. I usually shop at Metro on Thursday and that's the date that has been showing up in my account.

From the Metro website:
$20 = 1
AIR MILES® Reward Mile
Every $20 on your cumulative weekly spend (Sun-Sat)

Metro is interesting at the moment. It used to be that they would accumulate all earnings Sunday - Saturday and post on with the Saturday date. Miles would show up the following Wednesday. But what I have noticed recently is that they are showing up in my account with the date I made the purchase. They still don't post until the following Wednesday but where they used to show the Saturday date they now show the date I made the purchase. I don't know if the date I made the purchase becomes the posting date or not. I usually shop at Metro on Thursday and that's the date that has been showing up in my account.

From the Metro website:
$20 = 1
AIR MILES® Reward Mile
Every $20 on your cumulative weekly spend (Sun-Sat)
Yes, my Metro miles always post with the date i shopped but sometimes not for weeks (or during their renos .. MONTHS!) I've just never had my cash miles toggled on when i shopped there and i need to know if i should still do a Rexall trip this week as cash or back to dream :confused3

Final total --$81.07 for a total 118 miles
Now i need to figure out how those miles will be posted? I can't find the terms & conditions related to how/when miles post, can someone help? Will today's miles post as Cash (forgot to toggle back to dream after i didn't shop at Rexall) or as Dream if i change it since my Metro is terrible, still waiting for Feb 4th to post.

When I had an issue with my AM posting as cash when the purchase was made when my account was set to dream, AM told me that regardless of what your account is set at when you make your purchase, it will be what your account is set at when it posts. So it you make a purchase today at Staples and your account is set to Dream, but Stapes doesn't post those AM for say 45 days and your account at that time is set to Cash, it will post to cash. I told them that it should be credited as per your account the day the purchase was made, but they disagreed with me. Because of this, I have left my account set to Dream.

Yes, my Metro miles always post with the date i shopped but sometimes not for weeks (or during their renos .. MONTHS!) I've just never had my cash miles toggled on when i shopped there and i need to know if i should still do a Rexall trip this week as cash or back to dream :confused3

Given that your Metro is slow to post (March 7th at the earliest) I would do a Rexall purchase that way you'll be guaranteed enough Cash AM to do whatever is needed during the promotion.

Rexall is pretty much right away and Metro accumulates Sun to Sat and posts Wed - so can I ask what is the Sobeys schedule? Just wondering because I joined Air Miles back at start of month (recent convert from Aeroplan) and I haven't seen a single Sobeys point posted, but Metro, Shell, and Rexall all seem ok....

Rexall is pretty much right away and Metro accumulates Sun to Sat and posts Wed - so can I ask what is the Sobeys schedule? Just wondering because I joined Air Miles back at start of month (recent convert from Aeroplan) and I haven't seen a single Sobeys point posted, but Metro, Shell, and Rexall all seem ok....

I just looked at my past History for Sobeys and I have
Jan 13
Jan 20
Jan 27
Feb 3
Feb 10
No points posted for yesterday--Feb 24th ??
which would making posting of points for Sobeys on Saturdays BUT I didn not get any posted yesterday??? Hopefully someone else has some ideas.....................
Hugs Mel

I love the word toggled,,lol
Mine are "toggled" right now too!
I want to set back to Dream but I'm worried everything I did on the weekend to earn cash airmiles will be posted to dream.
I will try to be a bit patient.
Hugs Mel

P.S. O/T Off Topic
OKW (My current home resort) won and I decided to save a bit of money and buy resale--made an offer this morning on a small point contract --offer was accepted but I will have to wait to see if DVC exercises their F.R.O.R. (First right Of refusal ).Fingers crossed.:dogdance:

Good luck!

As bababear_50 has said, they post weekly, Wednesday evenings for most people, dated and accumulated to Saturdays, last one would have been until Feb 17, they post Wednesday around 10pm for me. I have received up to Feb 17.

Are yours all from the same Sobeys store? Perhaps they are having an issue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter