A bunch of refurb news

Not refurb related but I noticed Story Time with Deadpool isn’t on the calendar starting September 1st. Disney really doesn’t seem to like those of us going in September.
The short-term Marvel characters at DCA are paid for out of Marvel’s marketing budget or something. The parks entertainment budget would have to decide to keep them, and their budget keeps getting slashed so that’s unlikely.

There’s a lot that has to do with department budgets - the yearly Halloween and Christmas clothes for the characters are paid for by the merchandise department, for instance.

So a lot of this isn’t like one person is making decisions about when things open and close. There are a lot of different departments making decisions that add up to a bunch of stuff being offline at once.

I agree with everyone that it stinks when things are closed during your trip. I also agree that Disney would do better to give more advance notice and/or allow later cancellations to give people more choices. They are definitely losing people’s faith and perception that they’re a company that cares about the guest experience.

Why wait if it's ready? Guests have been complaining all year about all the numerous refurbs at once, so might as well throw a little bone as soon as one is ready.
I'm happy that they did, sometimes they keep lands closed because things aren't 100% and others times they don't seem to care.

I'm happy that they did, sometimes they keep lands closed because things aren't 100% and others times they don't seem to care.
I hear ya - they definitely have made some unfriendly-guest decisions in the recent years, so it's a nice surprise when they do the opposite. I think Disneyland though has seemed eager to get more ride capacity back online, that's why they reopened Haunted Mansion in July even though the queue is all torn up (and probably will be for a few more months minimum), so I wasn't surprised they got this one reopen sooner than we all anticipated.

I'll be there Oct 20th to 27th, I'm really hoping railroad is back by then, but not getting too excited... it'll probably come back the day after I leave, lol.

At least everything else is looking really promising for my trip there... World of Color and railroad are the only two main ones I'm a little disappointed about, and World of Color I would have to squeeze in after a Chef's Counter at Napa Rose so that already might have been something I skipped even if it was running....

The scrim around Main Street station is now painted to look like the station. Previously, it was a generic beige. I wonder if they they are going to keep working on it once the train opens.
Previously, it looked like this.

1726879284764.png

1726879371458.png

Meanwhile, in DCA....

1726879446252.png

1726879559916.png

1726879790631.png

Any rumors on World of Color other than "holiday" ? That isn't looking like it'll open in October any time... though sometimes they can surprise with how quick they move. Glad monorail is back... I'm guessing railroad will still be closed during October....?

Any rumors on World of Color other than "holiday" ? That isn't looking like it'll open in October any time... though sometimes they can surprise with how quick they move. Glad monorail is back... I'm guessing railroad will still be closed during October....?
I don't think this is anything out of the ordinary. I've seen it like this before. We've seen the water drained as well. I can't tell you when or how long they were that way, but it isn't an unusual occurrence.

I'm trying to remember if the area under the pier is normally closed off. Right now, several boats are visible and you can see through to San Fransokyo.

1726881429157.png

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest