A bunch of refurb news

*If* they took down the monorail for a while to do a re-routing for whatever expansion goes in that area of DCA, there'd be no better time to also rethink Tomorrowland and maybe take down some of old Peoplemover tracks while they're at it. I know, I know - I'm dreaming big over here.
"Dreaming"?? It would be a nightmare if they took down any of the Peoplemover track, because then those of us who want it back would finally lose all hope!!

Dumbo showing on Oct 1 closed. Last 2 trips have been with sons who like big rides so the train, it's a small world , jungle cruise , Dumbo ,Pooh ride , world of color I wouldn't have worried about but my next trip is with my daughter and she doesn't like roller coasters type rides

WOC finally on the refurb calendar.
Well, at least I can cancel one day on my ticket. Had planned to take my sister in law to the show after she arrived at 4pm .... looks like we may as well save the money and stay out of the parks that night.

The 'go in summer to avoid refurbs' line is not helpful. I can see why Disney chooses less busy times... but October is not quiet at all. We visit from overseas so book in advance. I think we could reasonably expect to have WOC, maybe a parade, and perhaps a couple less on the refurb list at that time of the year.

I can see why others are disappointed.

WOC has gone down before during September / October - it's kind of an ideal time for it to go down. They can't / don't run it during OBB (they now use a lot of the viewing space for meet & greets, and they have the second parade to contend with) - which means it's not running three days out of the week already.

I'm noticing on the refurb calendar that Dumbo is going down Oct 1st (the furthest out it currently goes). Hopefully just a short refurb, but geez, I was hoping to see things get removed, not added. I guess it's just part of the gearing up for the 70th anniversary.

I'm noticing on the refurb calendar that Dumbo is going down Oct 1st (the furthest out it currently goes). Hopefully just a short refurb, but geez, I was hoping to see things get removed, not added. I guess it's just part of the gearing up for the 70th anniversary.
Dumbo just went on a one day refurb a few weeks ago. Maybe it will be another short refurb.

Not refurb related but I noticed Story Time with Deadpool isn’t on the calendar starting September 1st. Disney really doesn’t seem to like those of us going in September.
Some of the bloggers have said Deadpool had been planned only through August. There had been hope of course that he would be extended due to his popularity. Suppose that could happen. But he was brought in as a limited time experience to promote the movie as they generally do these days when a Marvel movie comes out.

Some of the bloggers have said Deadpool had been planned only through August. There had been hope of course that he would be extended due to his popularity. Suppose that could happen. But he was brought in as a limited time experience to promote the movie as they generally do these days when a Marvel movie comes out.
Disney's fiscal year ends Sept 30th. They always seem to trim costs in September. Things might pick up again entertainment wise once October hits and especially November with the holidays.

I understand they need to maintain rides, etc. But why can't they let us know a bit earlier? I just booked a trip during those closures. For little ones - that's a lot of rides closed at the same time - Winnie the Pooh, railroad, and now jungle cruise and small world?

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest