20041009 - 10/9/04 - Western

Thanks for the listing of the excursions but I must say I'm disappointed in the lack of things to do with the kids in my DD 8 age bracket.

I'm still trying not to be heartsick over the GC disaster because of purely personal reason but I am even more so over reading these items to book.

Well I'm glad the fun is mainly on the ship.

I agree with you Kiki. I really had my heart set on Stingray City. However, the same agent said that the whole beach on GC was eroded away. It sounds like more than a few weeks will be needed to fix it. I guess that means that we'll just need to come again. (although, not in hurricane season...lol)

Ahoy Mateys,

Just reposting after years of absence since last cruise (8/01). We are set for 10/9/04 Western Carib cruise as well. I am too sad that GC is off the itenary. Latest word is GC will be ready for visitors in January 2005 with some resorts opening sooner for the holidays.

Costa Maya is suppose to have great snorkeling down in the fishing village of Mahajual. The school in Mahajual also needs school supplies. No need to contact head. Just drop stuff by the school on your way. Taxi in and walk back along the beach. Your generosity will be appreciated.

Haven't had time to read all the posts, but understand there is a "pirates in the caribbean" party scheduled. I am seriously looking forward to that. "Yo Ho, A pirate's life for me."

Prayers to all in Florida for fair winds and calm seas. I will bring my tourist dollars to be plundered.

~endkaos (DW)
DH
DSs (age 10,9,and 7)
Arizonapirate:

Hope everyone is OK and not too much damage. Read a few reports on the airport which didn't sound too good.

How long does it usually take for DCL to return email regarding excursions? sent one last Thurs no reply yet but don't want to hassle them with other problems they will have at the moment.

Been busy this weekend and booked a couple of holidays for next year. July 2 weeks in Majorca and Usual 3 weeks in Orlando for Oct.

Welcome endkaos
Good luck everyone riding the storm.
Wayne

endkaos: Where do you live in AZ...there are a few of us going on this cruise from the Chandler/gilbert area. I am planning on taking some things over to the schools in Majahaul...Target has its school stuff on sale (75% off) Was able to get a couple of backpacks and have been working on filling them.

Wonder how CC faired this go around? Looks like Abaco was hit fairly hard.

Jennifer

NO MORE HURRICANES PLEASE

Jennifer,

Our family would love to take some supplies to the school. How do we know what they need? General school stuff? or, are they hurting for certain things. It would be a wonderful experience for our children to visit a school there.

Thanks!

Lori

I live up in North Scottsdale. Fall break for us that week. I have my fingers crossed that CC made through. I was just at Greatland Target at Desert Ridge. Pretty wiped out of school supplies. Am going looking at Paradise Valley Mall next. I understand just looking for general paper, pencils and such.

~Tori (DW)
Dh
DSs ages (10. 9. and 7)

No more hurricanes.:Pinkbounc

Welcome endkaos, anyone have any news on CC yet ?

there is a link to costa maya forum here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=169

if you scroll down there are messages about supplies to the schools and how to get there, i got the info that this is a general wish list :
Elementary school:

Computer (Computadora)
Stapler (Egrapadora)
Hole-puncher (Perforadora)
Colouring pencils
sharpeners
erasers
pens

She also noted: All the material that you bring will help in the education of the children of the Vicente Kay Chan Primary School, Mahahual Q. Roo, Mexico.

Middle School:

Spanish/English Dictionaries
Notebooks (Libretus)
Coloring books, craft paper - unsure of translation of Coloros.
Calculators (Calculadoras)
White writing paper, like lined paper (Hojus blancas)

Another great link that has pictures of the Majahaul schools is:
www.toysforkidsfoundation.org the pictures are in the web sites photo album. We are just bringing consumable items: lined paper, folders and such for the older kids, for the younger ones, more consumable artsy stuff, paint, brushes, sidewalk chalk, probably will throw some beanie babies in there. Trying to watch the weight :earseek: of the backpacks so I don't have a problem with the airlines (or my DH who will be carrying the bags.::yes:: ) If for some reason we don't get to Costa Maya, Tom at Paradise Beach collects school supplies for the children of Cozumel.

Endkaos: We are way down south in Ocotillo...Chandler Unified is also on its fall break.:sunny:

Jennifer

... and in the same breath, OMG, I have so much to get done before we leave! :rolleyes:

Anybody started packing yet?

Carla:bounce:

I've got a list!

That however, does not translate to what will actually go into the suitcase!:tongue:

Why do I have more "stuff" to pack then actual cloths????

I'm really getting excited now!!!:teeth: Did anyone else make door signs? I spent my weekend making signs, pulling out the luggage, and getting my lists together. I just love getting ready for a trip.:hyper:

If anyone hears anything on CC, let us know.:(

Cindy

As a first time Disney cruiser could someone answer 2 questions:

1. What are door signs?
2. When do we find out our dinner rotation?

Traycie, don't you have that memorized by now?:teeth:

No door signs here. With twelve other people in my gang, I may be looking to hide. (That will be me on the deck 4 chairs with the large hat and fake nose/glasses! :jester: )

Door signs are decorations that people put on their cabin door. Most use magnetic sheet you can get at any of the office store and their computer. You'll find out your dinning rotation either when you check in and get your key card. Or, you'll have coupons waiting in your room once you get there. I've seen from other posters it's one of those two.

I've made little name tags for my boys. Now I'm going to make a door sign. I don't want to start packing yet as I have to finish laundry before I can really pack. I picked up my docs today from AAA. She was on vacation, so they sat there. Making lists, adding to lists, praying for no more hurricanes and a quick recover for Florida.
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Funny Kab :-) think it's overused , have made lists and remade them , hubby thinks i'm nuts, bought a tux for DS yesterday absolute bargain in sale for £20 ($35) with shirt and dickie bow.
Door sign made :p ringing dvc today to check all allright as going saturday and what to check state of resort etc. then i guess i'll just have to wait, nothing else left to do or is there maybe i better check the lists again :jester:
4 more sleeps to go YIPEEEEE

p.s anyone decided what they're doing in costa maya ?

I think we're going to the beach on our own. From what I read on Cruise Critic, taxis are fairly inexpensive from the port over to Majahual beach. The beach and water are beautiful and the beer is cold and $2US. Food is good and safe from several of the restaurants. You can also pick up a snorkeling trip from there. This looks to be a bit cheaper then the $25 all inclusive deal. With three kids, I have no idea how long "beach day" will really be.

(My Passporter is looking pretty dogged ear also!)

Below is the response from Allseastravel on Costa Maya times..

"Sorry for the delay in replying. We're busy handling rebookings relating to Hurricane Jeanne.

Arrival is 7:30am (of course it will take a little time to clear the ship) and departure is 5:15pm, but you generally have to be back onboard approximately a half hour before that."

Chuck

We are partially packed, I have everything ready except for shorts and tops, since MI seems to be having their summer now instead of when it should.

We have not decided on Costa Maya yet, probably just the beach day or maybe some snokeling..

Also no door signs here, just a small lime green mickey....

Denise

I just called DCL castaway cay is still on the menu :-) suzyfly also kindly found out the movies for our sailing if anyone wants to know they are:

Around the World in 80 Days
Brother Bear
Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen
Finding Nemo
Home on the Range
Hidalgo
The Village
Miracle
Lady Killers
Princess Diaries II
Raising Helen

Think we are going to explore port and Mahaul ? and then snorkel excursion in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter