20041009 - 10/9/04 - Western

Cindy,

I too must confess to being an OCD planner! I'm trying to roll with the waves;) but DH just laughs at me trying to figure out how altered our trip is going to be.

Looking forward to meeting all in person!

Kristen

Yes, its me, the unofficial cruise director, back on board. I'd like to make a couple notes for everyone. First, feel free to peruse the website at http://www.tiggerfan.net/DISaster

If your name is not listed or info needs to be updated and it isn't there now, please let me know at the following e-mail address -> monorailpilot@gmail.com

I'm getting way to much spam at my old e-mail address and its just difficult to find e-mails from so many people I don't know in there.

Second, if anyone plans on hosting any disboard meets after the sailaway party, please let me know so I can update the calendar. Thanks again for your patience with me, its been a busy few weeks down here weather and work wise.

Expecting docs to arrive today! (I've probably put a curse on myself now and they wont come!!!)

For anyone who has gotten their docs... has anyone noticed any upgrades? I am not expecting any for our group, but it would be nice.....

No upgrade here. Booked a CTY 6, so was not expecting anything. (Although the Walt or Roy Suites would certainly be welcomed!)I know that my sister and brother did not get upgraded. I'm fairly certain the others in our group did not also.

I just found this message posted today.
Wayne

Costa Maya just confirmed for Western Cruises
I just left my travel agents office from picking up my docs, and while I was there I asked for her to call DCL to see if she could find out more info on our Oct 9th Western cruise and Grand Cayman port. She was able (and I listened in) to get confirmation from the CM and her Supervisor that the next 3 Western Cruises 9/25, 10/09 and 10/23 would NOT be going into GC and would be going to Costa Maya instead. I hope this info helps people in their planning.

Good luck,
Alex

I just got an e-mail from DU confirming our new itinerary:

• Saturday – depart Port Canaveral, Florida
  • Sunday – Key West, Florida
  • Monday - Day at Sea
  • Tuesday – Costa Maya, Mexico
  • Wednesday – Cozumel, Mexico
  • Thursday - Day at Sea
  • Friday – Castaway Cay, Bahamas
  • Saturday – return to Port Canaveral, Florida

Sounds like fun!

Has anyone who booked through Costco gotten their tickets. I have not & just wanted to check.

We received our docs today. No upgrade, but really didn't expect one. Just so excited to get the docs and now the new, confirmed itinerary. Anyone been to Costa Maya? Sounds like fun, but we are sure going to miss Stingray city.

Heidi

block33 - We received our Docs from Costco yesterday did you get yours?

Now I get to do the Doc Dance!
:cool1: :cloud9: :rockband: :thewave: :drinking1 :cheer2: :love:

No upgrades but we did all get Main dining so that's exciting!

Only 18 more days!

Yup, Costa Maya is confirmed, does anyone know if this is a docking or tendering port? I really enjoyed Grand Cayman last trip but I guess I'll get back there eventually.

We've had a LOT of updates to the cruise list and there is a pre-cruise meet & greet for everyone staying at the Radisson. Details are on the events page at http://www.tiggerfan.net/DISaster

From what i can make out from the pictures of the port it's a dock not a tender, anyone any ideas what excursions to do ?

DW & DS fancy horseback riding but unfortunately my diet hasn't gone to plan so I am over the weight limit. Havn't seen anything else to interest us in CM, was looking forward to Sting rays in GC.
Will probably just walk round for a while then get back on to enjoy ship activities.
Wayne

Originally posted by wayneg
DW & DS fancy horseback riding but unfortunately my diet hasn't gone to plan so I am over the weight limit. Havn't seen anything else to interest us in CM, was looking forward to Sting rays in GC.
Will probably just walk round for a while then get back on to enjoy ship activities.
Wayne

From what I've read, its a docking port that was built for the cruise lines, very touristy in its buildup. I also read the nearby town was worth the taxi ride over to take a look at.

We'll be doing our beach horseback riding that was cancelled since we aren't getting into Grand Cayman and then we'll figure it out. Should be a lot of fun at least.

Jeff,

I sent you a PM, I tried emailing you our cruise info a couple of times, but I am obviously doing something wrong so I PM'd you.

Thanks again for the list it is great....We are excited to meet everyone and put faces to the names..

Denise

Originally posted by allforpooh
Jeff,

I sent you a PM, I tried emailing you our cruise info a couple of times, but I am obviously doing something wrong so I PM'd you.

Thanks again for the list it is great....We are excited to meet everyone and put faces to the names..

Denise

All fixed and on the list now.

Hello everyone - I just received a phone call from Ron Jon Resort offering to send me info on the local area. I asked them if this means they will be open and she said yes - they will just have fewer rooms available. I'm going to have to call back though because now I'm wondering if all the facilities (pool, miniput, movies) will still be available. If not I will keep my AKL ressie. Only 18 more days!!!:tongue:

Michelle

I read on another thread that Debbie the dining coordinator hinted that we might not be going to Costa Maya. Of coarse she didn't say where else we might be going......I called DCL asking when Disney excursions would be available - she said not until we board! Do you know how stressful that is for an Obsessive compulsive planner such as myself! ;) I think I need to take a deep breath..:crazy:

Only 18 days...:sunny:

Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter