• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

20041009 - 10/9/04 - Western

Tigfanjeff

Monorail Pilot
We're booked for a Category 3 right now. Best discount still was the onboard rebooking. Military and Cast discounts won't be out for another 4 months or so (They are currently out through March)

So who else is going?

I almost started a post for this sailing

My family and I will be sailing along with our son (5) and Daughter(3)
also along for the cruise will be our family members.....
My Mom and Sister
My Father and Mother in Law
My Brother, Sister in Law and their son(4)
My Sister in Law's parents

So far we have 5 Cat. 6 on deck 6
When I booked in June we tried to get a Cat 3 but were told they were all booked.

We are down the coast from you in West Palm Beach.

We are going too. There are 6 of us, DH, DW(me), DD15, DD13th bday on board, DS7, and DD4. We just got back from the 10/5 Wonder and rebooked while on board. We have 2 connecting Cat 10s on Deck 7.

Jennifer:D

We will be there as well. Booked Category 4 while onboard earlier this year.
We have myself, DW, DD8 and DD6.

scubarn, Call DCl back, we booked our Cat 3 a week ago onboard and had a pick of cabins (I'm tigfanjeff's wife) (Hi!!!)

While we won't be cruisetoberfest (that's the cruise before us (Hi!!) we will have a great time and hopefully can get a great thing going on here...

So who's done the western before besides us?

We will be there too. Myself, DH, DD 13, DD 10 and probably Mother and Father in law.

We will stick with our Cat 6 rooms now, since we are all right next to each other.
But would love to upgrade to a suite.
This will be our first Disney Cruise and first time to both Grand Caymen and Cozumel.

Karen

Karen,
You'll love the Disney Cruise. We had so much fun. We just came back from the Western so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask away!!!!

Wow, what started as a trip for 3 maybe 4 now looks like 11 or 12. Every one of our friends wants to get on board. This could be a lot of fun. And hopefully a few more DIS'ers join us. The Oct 2nd cruise seemed nice, but with the Columbus day holiday and at least 1 if not two school employees among our friends and family that extra day off for free is hard to pass up. Plus its the MIL's birthday (October 9th) and getting on the boat as a birthday present is much nicer then getting off it.

I've been in adjoining cat 5's before. They were very nice, and having the second bathroom means that 4 people can get ready at once (with the split baths) which is a big help if someone takes up a long time.

Now we just have to decide what to do for shore excursions, the same things that we loved or try something new? Only 362 days to decide :sunny:

Just got a majority of the pictures back from this years western. Apparently I had a lot of fun at C&C's in Cozumel. Interesting because I really don't remember it.:tongue:

I really want to do a private boat to Stingray City on cozumel this time out. Has anyone done this before? Anyone else interested?

Obviously Jen's going to get input too into what excursions we do, but I basically feel like lounging and sailing on Castaway Cay, so snorkeling there isn't on my third trip priorities.

BTW, the Hobie Cats on castaway cay are a lot of fun. Anyone else here want to go hobie cat racing?

Originally posted by scubarn
We will stick with our Cat 6 rooms now, since we are all right next to each other.
But would love to upgrade to a suite.
This will be our first Disney Cruise and first time to both Grand Caymen and Cozumel.

Karen

You'll love Grand Cayman. Cozumel might be a bit over the top for the kids (Its definitely the most aggressive hawkers I've seen in the Caribbean. They make the Nassau hair braiders look tame.

We have not thought about what to do in Key West yet, have been there numerous times already.
We would like to do Stingray City on Grand Caymen and were thinking about the dolphin swim on Cozumel.
Probably we will relax on Castaway Cay

Karen

We did the dolphin swim in Cozumel, it was well worth it. The dolphins are amazing and it's a once in a life time opportunity.

We felt the same way about Key West, Jeff and I fly down there in a cessna for dinner sometimes. We figured we do a touristy thing and went on a catamaran racing excursion. It was a whole heck of a lot of fun.

We, (DD, DH and I) just got back a few hours ago from the 10/18 Eastern and booked onboard for the 10/09! As I sit here writing this I feel like I'm going to fall off my chair, I am still feeling the effects from the ship! What an amazing time we had!! We're very sad it's over, just yesterday we were sitting on the beach at CC:( But we're only 349 days away! ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter