20041009 - 10/9/04 - Western

Jenschaef1 - Is Ron Jons currently open? Or are they opening up in the future? Did they say when? I'm afraid they will say they are opening and then start making phone calls cancelling. Also, are the amenities still up and running? Sorry for all the questions....:crazy:

Michelle

Michelle:
Tuesday when I called they were closed. However, they were open between the hurricanes on a limited basis.
Today I didn't ask if they were open and I didn't ask about the amenities (although I did ask before Jeanne and tthe pools were fine). I have to admit I am a bit nervous about them calling me last minute to cancel but at this point I am going to have faith in what they are telling me, although I have checked into other hotels in the WDW area - so I know there is availability if I need it...(not a lot on site though). If I were you I would call them just to check, every time I call they ask for my name and they look up my reservation, I don't know if that is just procedure or if they are checking to see what building/floor they have us slated for and if that area of the hotel is OK (2 bed-pool building)

Jennifer

Michelle glad to hear you made it through safely.

Scooby , yep its' me ,why aren't i there yet ? just can't master this time travel business so have to wait for sats flight :-) off to beddy bye byes so that when i wake up it will be just one more sleep to go :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I spoke with a CM this morning about CC (I'm a little obsessed with this topic). She read an update and said it looks like CC is on the itinerary! Woo Hoo!

Wish they'd make up their minds, i was told at 8am not being visited this week and no decision for our cruise yet, hope hebejebe got the right message and we're going.
Well all final posting , we fly in the morning, safe travels to all my fellow cruisers, see you next saturday at the "Dis-aster" at sea meet. Can't wait.

I also called at 8 am and pled my case (getting married, have 17 people with us). I asked her if she had any idea when I might find out and then she read her updates and that's when she said it looked like CC is back on the itinerary. (Notice the vague language)

Hebe fingers crossed, remember you will have a fabulous wedding whatever the location. see you next week.

Jennifer - I called Ron Jons this AM and asked about the facilities. Tuesday said that all amenities were working - pool, slide, mini put etc. I think I will cancel AKL and hope for the best.

Tracie2201 - have a safe trip.

Michelle

Michelle:

Thanks for the additional info. We will be there thurs and friday night. If you happen to see a family of 6 at the pool...DD15, DD13, DS7, and DD4, come over and say Hi:wave2: I'll probably be wearing my black suit with the Dis board lime green stripes
::yes:: (and I might just have a froo froo drink in my hands)

Jennifer

Please NO MORE HURRICANES!

Just called DCL to change Cozumel excursions. We had the Tulum Ruins scheduled but had decided to do the Caverns Exploration & Beach Tour there instead since we could do ruins in the jungle at Costa Maya now. At this point, however, every excursion in Cozumel is apparently sold out! They said I could try on the ship and see if someone cancels. We still have Tulum Ruins, just in case, but we'd really like to do the Caverns Tour. Ah well...

But the good news is that I asked about Castaway Cay for our cruise, and he said we should be going there! Not long now, see you all soon-

Carla:Pinkbounc

Originally posted by HebeJebe
Carla - I could kiss you!

Hey now, save that for your soon-to-be spouse! :teeth:

I'm starting to pack today, things are starting to come together. Can't wait to sail away from the world!

Carla

Okay...head count.

How many of you are planning on dressing as pirates?

4 out of 5 here
DH will wear "pirate themed" t-shirt but not pirate coat. Think I will pack it for him anyway.:p pirate:

DH wants to but we are still searching for the pirate garb in the Halloween stuff. We haven't been real thorough!

I am going to try to find some pirate gear for my DS, DD and myself. MY DH says he would wear a scarf....party pooper!

:bounce: :bounce:

Hey all future cruisers..........I just wanted to share what I know from the Magic. We took the 4.5 day last week and just got off the boat yesterday.

1. Door signs are nice.......easy for the kids to know which room is yours, even if you just bring a refrigerator magnet so they can easily id your room.....they all look the same and it can be confusing to a kids alone (or an adult after a few cocktails:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

2. DO NOT do the beach excursion that Disney offers in Costa Maya. What a rip off..........dirty beach, broken paddle boats, people where lining up early to get back on the bus, at $30 pp, I do not think you could find more than 5 people out of 250 or so who liked it. I did hear the ruins where fabulous and that the reef snorkling excursion offered through DCL not so great (the cruisemates said they would not do it again). I believe you can cancel your excursions up to 2 days before you sail.

3. From what we understand you will be going to CC. Our cruise director led me to believe that they would be there this week. (why she was telling us I do not know........I for one did not want to hear this information).

have a ball,
missyoh8

Missy,

Was the Costa Maya snorkel excursion not good because of:

The hurricanes stirring up the water?
Where they took people to snorkel?
Did anyone have fun on the snorkel that was not booked through DCL?

Any info that you can offer would be great! Thanks!

Lori

PS - How were your excursions in Cozumel?

Hi guys,
I'm going to check with DCL tomorrow morning to see if we can book Costa Maya excursions now or if we have to wait until we board. I have heard we have to wait but I'm still going to check. I am leaning toward booking the reef snorkel through DCL. GC was my snorkel/swim with the stingray day so I need a snorkel fix on this trip. :rolleyes: Even a bad snorkel is better than no snorkel at all. ;) Anyone willing to take a chance and join me?
Hope everyone had a nice weekend...we did last minute cruise shopping.:sunny:

Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter