WOW - I just sold my old gold........

After stalking this thread for a while, I finally sent my stuff in today. Hoping for a good payout for our trip next week!! I sent in a necklace, 5 earrings, a charm and 4 rings. Some of the rings and earrings had small stones. Mostly opal and a diamond. Also sent a silver necklace. Should know Thursday!:earsboy:

Heard back from USGB today. $389 for some old stuff hanging out in my jewelry box! More money for our trip next week!!:cool1:

Just ordered my envelope from USGB. I don't really want to part with any of my gold, but I recently found some old silver pieces that I had forgotten about ~ curious to see what they offer me. :goodvibes

Hi! I've only read the first and last few pages. I was about to send stuff to cash4gold.com, but it seems like USGB has had good results.

Anyone want to PM me the site and their referral code? :goodvibes

I just sold to gold fellows, fast friendly.
3 necklaces and old ring $400
Woo hoo

This time I sent in 2 small chains, 10 or more pairs of earrings, 3 rings, 2 charms and 3 silver coins to US gold buyers.

I got a call a few hours ago and am getting a check for $606! I was thrilled!

Do you mind sharing what kind of silver coins you sent in? I've found some silver coins I had but I'm not really sure of their value. They are silver dollars from late 1800's but I do think they are silver. Also, many nickels and dimes from that same time period.

A couple of years ago, before gold prices really sky rocketed I sent in some items and was happy with the payout.
I think it's time to go through the jewelry box again, earrring I haven't worn for several years, etc....time to sell.

I just had to say a huge thank you to the OP and all who shared their stories about using USGB! I just sent in a few old pieces (most of them damaged) that were hanging out in the bottom of my jewelry box & DH's dresser drawers. They called me today with the total ' $1122.80:banana:

I am thrilled!!! I expected to find a few tips by hanging out here on the Bargain Board, but I never imagined that less than a week into checking this forum out, I'd have over a grand to add to the Disney fund!!!:dance3:

All of this sounds good, but I'm stuck wondering how anybody knows if they really got a good price? Yes, its nice to get money from something that was just laying around and probably won't be used, but how do you know that any particular buyer is giving you fair value? Did you shop around?

It's pretty easy to see what the going rate is for gold - just Google it. Then you can weigh your jewelry to get an approximate idea of how much you've got - I just used a kitchen scale.

Just curious - have you read through this thread? Because lots of people did shop around & find that USGB was the best deal. They pay out at 90% (or if you use the first-time seller code, 96%). None of my local places even comes close to those rates.

Yes, I shopped around.

One place was going to offer me $60 for all 5 of my rings and in NY at their office, they offered me $65 for even 1 of the rings!

Someone did mention the code somewhere - that's how I knew to look for it. It is on their website, FB page & MySpace page (but buried deep in the fine print). Don't know how frequently they change it, but right now the promo code is "3477". When you fill out the info slip that you send in with your jewelry, there is a space that asks for a promo code - just fill that in & you get a 96% payout instead of their usual 90%.

I know that the prices of gold and silver change all the time,but was just wondering if anyone has sold siver and how much did they get?

Someone did mention the code somewhere - that's how I knew to look for it. It is on their website, FB page & MySpace page (but buried deep in the fine print). Don't know how frequently they change it, but right now the promo code is "3477". When you fill out the info slip that you send in with your jewelry, there is a space that asks for a promo code - just fill that in & you get a 96% payout instead of their usual 90%.

Thank you!! I've only been getting my info from here and I guess I missed it in this thread. I haven't even been on their website, FB or MySpace :rolleyes1

Do you mind sharing what kind of silver coins you sent in? I've found some silver coins I had but I'm not really sure of their value. They are silver dollars from late 1800's but I do think they are silver. Also, many nickels and dimes from that same time period.

Many coins of that age are far more valuable than their weight in metal. If you decide to send them off to a metals dealer please do a quick search for "Key coin dates" or "Key coins" and see if any of yours are listed.

I'd hate to see you give away a coin that could pay off a car....or more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter