• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WOW - I just sold my old gold........

Sent a package today via insured USPS Priority mail to USGB because I know I wouldn't have enough to garner the free shipping :) Expected arrival to USGB will be on Thursday, will let everyone know how it goes. Leaving for WDW on the 21st or the 22nd of this month, every little bit will help.

What I sent:

1 ring
5 mismatched earrings
3 necklaces (2 of which were thin chains)
2 charms

Hoping for like $50 or $100 we shall see :)

16kv44.jpg

Does anyone know if the websites that you mail the gold into will also give you money for stones in rings? Or do I need to remove them first? I have 4 gold rings I want to send in. One with diamonds, one with amethyst, one with opal, and the last with sapphires. I just don't want to send them in if I get nothing for the stones, obviously! Thanks to anyone who can help!

Rec'd my check today--4 business days from when they made me the offer :) If anyone would like a referral code PM me !

Thanks!

:dance3: :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :thumbsup2

PLUS if/when you write a testimonial on your facebook page they will give you an extra $125.00 as a promotional bonus!

Disney $$$$$$$ :)

PLEASE tell us about this Facebook bonus? How does that work?

Rec'd my check today--4 business days from when they made me the offer :) If anyone would like a referral code PM me !

Thanks!

What exactly does the referral code do?

Sent a package today via insured USPS Priority mail to USGB because I know I wouldn't have enough to garner the free shipping :) Expected arrival to USGB will be on Thursday, will let everyone know how it goes. Leaving for WDW on the 21st or the 22nd of this month, every little bit will help.

What I sent:

1 ring
5 mismatched earrings
2 charms

16kv44.jpg

Good Luck! I bet you get over 200.00 :wizard::wizard:

wow this is a reeeeaaaaallly long thread!
I've only read the 1st and last pages.
I've had a box of "scrap" jewelry in a box ready to be taken/sent in. We have about 5-6 places around our home that offer cash for gold. This thread has inspired me to get moving. Of course, this will be added to our Disney fund!!! (Also have ton of kids clothing to take to the consignment shop-- more Disney $$$ + more space in my storage room in the attic!)

So, what is the consensus, do you get more by taking the gold to a brick and mortar place or by mailing the it in?

What I sent:

1 ring
5 mismatched earrings
2 charms

16kv44.jpg

Just got my settlement call from USGB @ 6pm today...

8.5dwt not sure of the ratio...

My payout: $296.37 :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I had brought twice that to a pawn shop a few weeks prior and they were only going to give me $140 dollars. Glad I held out. VERY satisfied with what I got...

I'm going to do a bit of last minute shopping tomorrow for my WDW & Carnival cruise vacation that I leave in 6 days for... Woohoo! :cool1: Its already burning a hole in my pocket and its not even transferred all the way from PayPal to my bank account. :upsidedow

Good Luck! I bet you get over 200.00 :wizard::wizard:

Thanks for the pixie dust :hug:

What I sent:

1 ring
5 mismatched earrings
2 charms

16kv44.jpg

Let us know what you get!

I had brought twice that to a pawn shop a few weeks prior and they were only going to give me $140 dollars. Glad I held out. VERY satisfied with what I got...

I'm going to do a bit of last minute shopping tomorrow for my WDW & Carnival cruise vacation that I leave in 6 days for... Woohoo! :cool1: Its already burning a hole in my pocket and its not even transferred all the way from PayPal to my bank account. :upsidedow

I jsut saw you posted! YAY! That is awesome!!!!

wow this is a reeeeaaaaallly long thread!
I've only read the 1st and last pages.
I've had a box of "scrap" jewelry in a box ready to be taken/sent in. We have about 5-6 places around our home that offer cash for gold. This thread has inspired me to get moving. Of course, this will be added to our Disney fund!!! (Also have ton of kids clothing to take to the consignment shop-- more Disney $$$ + more space in my storage room in the attic!)

So, what is the consensus, do you get more by taking the gold to a brick and mortar place or by mailing the it in?

USGB you can walk in (NYC) or mail it in to them....I have walked in....
they POST their prices...they have paid more than the fly by night places...read thru the last 4-5 pages of the thread , should get you up to speed...good luck :wizard:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
so happy for you....I just knew it...:wizard:
have a great vacation.......................:lovestruc

I will be doing a walk in tomorrow . . . I'm so anxious to see how much I get :)

4 small pendants, 5 plain ring bands, 2 small charms and one bracelet.

Do you all recommend US Gold buyers or Gold Fellow? Does it seem like one pays more than the other?

So I have some stuff gathered up but not sure how much it weights. There is a pair of love knot earrings, ridged necklace, and my husbands class ring(lost it but found it -in the drive way and it was crushed). Will I get charged if it does not weigh enough or how do I figure out how much it weighs?

anyone with any results to post lately? I am thinking about sending some stuff in to usgb and wanted to see how you guys are making out. I'll try to post a pic of what I am sending in, we'll see if this works ;)...

I sent my old gold in for the second time yesterday. The first time I got around $280 but that was 3 years or more ago. This time I sent in 2 small chains, 10 or more pairs of earrings, 3 rings, 2 charms and 3 silver coins to US gold buyers.

I got a call a few hours ago and am getting a check for $606! I was thrilled!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter