WOW - I just sold my old gold........

Seriously... are we being punk'd here? Someone is upset that a company in NYC isn't "business as usual" in the wake of all the devastation of the hurricane? Wow, just wow. SMH.

No, you're not being "punked" and I'm not upset they weren't open. I do have compassion and was only providing feedback of my experience. Good grief, put your pitchforks down!

If they weren't in the office the package would have shown an attempted delielvery instead of a refusal. So now I wait for my items to return so I can take them elsewhere, assuming they are still in the padded envelope.

No, you're not being "punked" and I'm not upset they weren't open. I do have compassion and was only providing feedback of my experience. Good grief, put your pitchforks down!

If they weren't in the office the package would have shown an attempted delielvery instead of a refusal. So now I wait for my items to return so I can take them elsewhere, assuming they are still in the padded envelope.

I have a feeling that they set up automatic refusal with ALL services just in case when they knew no one was available in the office to accept delivery. As we all know, delivery people are notorious for not leaving packages when we want them to and leaving them when we don't want them to. I've gotten lots of pkgs left with neighbors where it shows DELIVERED but no where to be found until the neighbor tells me!

This way there is NO chance of your package sittings in front of their front door for days on end.

This may be an automatic feature set up because they deal with GOLD which is just free money sitting outside their door if no one is there.

I agree it may be frustrating because you don't know why it was refused. But perhaps you should be relieved that USGB set it up so that ALL deliveries get sent back immediately due to refusal.

Therefore, it is on its way back to you ASAP instead of sitting in a mail truck for days on end, not knowing where it was or how to get it back. Imagine if the sender had $$$$$$$ of gold in the package sent...

Easier to get everyone's package back to them ASAP and have to send it back in if necessary. Or go someplace else to sell if cash is needed immediately. Then for them to field hundreds of panicked senders calling once the office was open to try to figure out WHERE their gold package was!

I wouldn't be cutting my nose off to spite my face, because my package was refused. I'd wait for a while, give USGB a chance to get back in business, and then I'd send it again. But that's just me.

Gold just plunged!

From CNN:
Gold lost more than $140 an ounce to trade well below $1,400, continuing Friday's sharp sell-off, when the precious metal slumped 5%. It is now in bear market territory, having fallen 29% from its record high in September 2011.

Dragging up an old thread. Since 2012 the price of gold has gone down from $1657.5/oz to $1274.6/oz. I have some stuff to sell but I might hold off a few years and see if the market picks up again. Has anyone sold this year? Is USGB still the place to go for the best rates?

MapleGirl said:
Dragging up an old thread. Since 2012 the price of gold has gone down from $1657.5/oz to $1274.6/oz. I have some stuff to sell but I might hold off a few years and see if the market picks up again. Has anyone sold this year? Is USGB still the place to go for the best rates?

I would wait until gold rises again too, before selling.
I prefer United States Gold Buyers, for I find they offer the best prices. I am making this comparison to my local gold buyers.
Yes, I did sell gold and silver this year.

http://www.usgoldbuyers.com/

"Did you know?

Silver In
Gold

Did you know that your
jewelry contains
approximately 10-15%
fine silver?

Other refiners keep that
silver for themselves,
but US Gold Buyers is
the only company
nationwide that pays
you for the silver in
your gold!!!

Example: Approximate
metal content in
stamped jewelry

Metal 10kt 14kt 18kt
Au - Gold 41.7% 58.5% 75.0%
Cu - Copper
39% 26%% 8.0%
Ag - Silver 11%-14% 10%-14% 15%-17%
Zn - Zinc
6.0% 6.0% 6.0%
Ni - Nickel
0.06% 0.03% 0.02%

So why not get paid for
silver with a minimum
of 5oz. in gold, you
keep the bonus!"

62 West 47th Street, Suite 604 New York NY, 10036 Tel: (212) 764-7586
Fax: (212)764-7551

eta: additional information

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter