WOW - I just sold my old gold........

Sent you a pm :)
I am preparing to send a few items in today. I noticed on the USBG website that they have a referral program. If you have used them before and want to give me your referral number I'd be happy to use it and have them send you $25. I get the same amount either way...

I sent in a CZ item also that I took the stone out of. You don't have to take the stones out but USGB will not send the stones back from what I understand. I was paid through paypal about 20 minutes after I got the offer but you can also be mailed a check.
I didn't read this whole thread but I have some stuff I need to sell. I have 3 rings. 1 is CZ but the gold is real. 18K I think but then I have my old wedding ring that does have diamonds and an emerald ring. Do you HAVE to take out the stones? I am assuming if you don't you don't get anything for the stones anyway right? Also how does the payment work? If I took it to a local gold place do they give you cash or a money order?I would hate to give them my stuff and get a check that I am not sure will go through. TIA for any info!

You've all inspired me to look through my old jewelry. This might be a silly question, but is there a way to determine what is gold and what isn't?

I sent my gold off on Monday and got my quote today....They are sending me a check for $1040.81!!!!:banana::banana:

That is great!! How much stuff did you send in??

It was about 7 rings and 3 chains and 3 bracelets and a few pair of earrings...also a few odd earrings and 4 charms! I am so excited!!! That will go toward my Disney trip in May!!!

Any thoughts on these? DD12 inherited them from her grandmother, along with a lot of fugly jewelry. :lmao: Both are in bezel settings on gold chains. (one serpentine, one rope)

The first is a 1982 1/4 ounce Kruggerrand. The second is a 1/4 ounce $10 US Liberty (?) gold coin. (also from the 80s) On a plain old scale, they weighed about 1 1/4 REGULAR ounces.

Better for sell for gold or as the set pieces they already are? :confused3

Just curious, did you ship via fedex for free or use USPS? I have no idea what 1/2 troy ounce is equal to, to make sure I'm not billed $20.

I don't want to be changed for fedex as I'm a single mother needing additional $, thus the reason I'm giving this a try.

Thanks for any assistance...

I went last week to a local "We buy Gold" place and sold my class ring and a "slide" bracelet (that only had 3 slides on it)....I got $400 for both! I was stunned. :goodvibes We cashed the check and added it to our Disney fund!!!!

It's kind of crazy that gold is over doubled in value over the last 5 years. I bought this chain for my girlfriend a few years back for $600 and since I've been seeing all these 'We buy gold' places we went to get it appraised and it's now worth $1,280. So buy it all up like a pirate with his treasure -pirate:Arrrrg!!!

I am gathering my final pieces of scrap gold tonight, I don't think I have much, but a couple hundred for it will be very welcomed for our upcoming trip. If anyone wants to PM me a referral code, I would be happy to include it!!

:goodvibes

Any thoughts on these? DD12 inherited them from her grandmother, along with a lot of fugly jewelry. :lmao: Both are in bezel settings on gold chains. (one serpentine, one rope)

The first is a 1982 1/4 ounce Kruggerrand. The second is a 1/4 ounce $10 US Liberty (?) gold coin. (also from the 80s) On a plain old scale, they weighed about 1 1/4 REGULAR ounces.

Better for sell for gold or as the set pieces they already are? :confused3
Kruggerands are PURE gold coins and at a minimum, should be sold for the current spot rate for gold. You may get more because of a collector value for the coins.

Not the low percentage value you get for jewelry.

I sent my stuff into USGB recently because I had one of those 80's-style charm necklaces with about 20 charms on it, and I doubted I'd wear it. Plus a few bracelets and a school ring. Was only quoted $207 for it so I'm probably going to have it sent back to me.

Funny this was BUMPED :) I was just looking at this thread this wkd. My mom, sister, & I are going to send some stuff in later this week. Fingers crossed for a good quote--whatever we get will be used for our disney trip :) :thumbsup2

I will be in New York next weekend so I'm just going to take mine with me

Has anyone ever tried haggling with these guys? I just called them to tell them I wanted my items back, and they offered me more money! I said I wasn't interested (DD took a liking to one of the rings and cried when she found out I'd tried to sell it), but I was just wondering if it's standard practice to offer more when you ask to have it sent back to you.

Funny this was BUMPED :) I was just looking at this thread this wkd. My mom, sister, & I are going to send some stuff in later this week. Fingers crossed for a good quote--whatever we get will be used for our disney trip :) :thumbsup2

:dance3: :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :thumbsup2

$598.70 for JUNK/OLD jewelry!!!!

PLUS if/when you write a testimonial on your facebook page they will give you an extra $125.00 as a promotional bonus!

Disney $$$$$$$ :)

:dance3: :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :thumbsup2

$598.70 for JUNK/OLD jewelry!!!![/B][/CENTER][/SIZE]

PLUS if/when you write a testimonial on your facebook page they will give you an extra $125.00 as a promotional bonus!

Disney $$$$$$$ :)

CONGRATS, thats awesome!! :thumbsup2

I hadn't heard about the FB thing! What do you need to do exactly? I'm getting ready to send in some stuff, too!

You've all inspired me to look through my old jewelry. This might be a silly question, but is there a way to determine what is gold and what isn't?

I'm wondering about this too? I have a couple of things I'm curious about but I'm not sure if it's really gold....Anybody know how to tell?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter