WOW - I just sold my old gold........

I sold some gold at a party a couple years ago and had a good experience. Since then I inherited several pieces but most are mismatched and have broken clasps etc.

If anyone has a referral code please pm and I will use it if allowed.

***Another thought--it doesn't hurt to check your local thrift stores and salvations army's for gold. What may look like costume jewelry or is broken, old, etc. may be very cheap and could be resold. :)

Many coins of that age are far more valuable than their weight in metal. If you decide to send them off to a metals dealer please do a quick search for "Key coin dates" or "Key coins" and see if any of yours are listed.

I'd hate to see you give away a coin that could pay off a car....or more!

Good to know! I think mine are just regular old silver coins though. Maybe one of the Morgan silver dollars might be worth a little more. I'm thinking silver prices aren't good enough to sell yet though.

Good to know! I think mine are just regular old silver coins though. Maybe one of the Morgan silver dollars might be worth a little more. I'm thinking silver prices aren't good enough to sell yet though.

Regular old silver coins are what I'm talking about. LOL Morgans can be some of the valuable ones too. I guess I'm confused why you don't think some of them might be worth much.......like I mentioned if you check for key dates of ANY of your old coins you may find a few treasures.

Of course some of it depends on the condition but I found several surprises in my father in laws jar of coins (which I quickly put into protective holders). Two were Morgans in crazy good shape and have been appraised at $2200 and $7400. These were rare dates but some even rarer dates can bring tens of thousands! I hope you find a few surprises in your little pile!

Regular old silver coins are what I'm talking about. LOL Morgans can be some of the valuable ones too. I guess I'm confused why you don't think some of them might be worth much.......like I mentioned if you check for key dates of ANY of your old coins you may find a few treasures.

Of course some of it depends on the condition but I found several surprises in my father in laws jar of coins (which I quickly put into protective holders). Two were Morgans in crazy good shape and have been appraised at $2200 and $7400. These were rare dates but some even rarer dates can bring tens of thousands! I hope you find a few surprises in your little pile!

These are from various grandparents. I have Morgans, nickels, pennies & dimes all from late 1800's-early 1900's. There are also some Peace dollars. I went through several different coin sites and none of my dates were the "good" dates. There was one Morgan that I think had a slightly higher value than just the value of the silver itself but it was only by a couple of dollars. Several of the Morgans are in very good shape but were only worth $21-24. Such a bummer considering they are so old.

That is awesome that your coins have so much value :yay:

WOW...have to say thank you to this board! Sent in some random things and got WAY more than I was expecting. Make sure you use the promotion code for first time users. I don't want to post it - just google it.

Does anyone know the percentage USGB is paying out, and do they pay by the penny weight or by the gram?
I contacted a place in my area, and the price they gave me was 76% I'm wondering if USGB or the other online places offer a better rate.

I sent my stuff in today USGB will have it tomorrow, will post what kind of offer when I hear from them.

Hoping for a couple hundred but not sure I know there was over an ounce but not sure how to convert it to troy ounces.

I sent in 3 rings (heavy mens class ring, med band, light ladies band, 1 necklace, pr love knot earrings, 1 charm) most 14K but the cl ring was 10K.

I got a call from USGB they gave me a payout amount of $356.52, one of the items were silver so it only got $1.52 for the silver.

I got a call from USGB they gave me a payout amount of $356.52, one of the items were silver so it only got $1.52 for the silver.

Is that what you were hoping for? I know gold prices have dropped a bit from where they were so I'm still holding out hoping prices come back up.

Any recent updates?
I checked usgb and todays payout is 979.99 per ounce between 3 and 25 ounce for 14K...
market price of gold is at 1738.

today I went to a local place (within 30 minute ride) that is very reputable and very popular to get rid of some gold. The price today for gold (market) was 1773. when I walked in their door. They basically said that they melt everything and are literally taking little to anything to resell as there is NO one buying the gold they have (there is basically an entire three walls/showcases filled with it all and a myriad of other items as well), . They quoted me a lower price then I anticipated based on research I did (and USGB PRINTED online/phone call payout)
WHen I told them that USGB was at 999. for 14K (payout 3-25ounce ), they said it was not possible and they intimated 745. for the same amount (IMHO, a HUGE difference)...They thought I was not being forthcoming and told me that if that was what I had been offered, I should go with USGB. I actually had them pull it up online and they saw it for themselves. They appeared to be shocked and knew I was walking at that point.
Needless to say, I left without cash on hand as It was foolish for me to sell it to them.
What they then told me was that they have to keep "anything" they get for 21 days by law (allegedly to be sure it was not stolen, tho I have no idea how that works??) They said they cannot pay out like usgb ....no comparison in Volume...makes sense to me......
and that they do not melt it themselves, so i guess they are in effect a middle man for me...and thats why they also pay out less...
Interesting.......so its back to nyc early next week..Think Gold is going to be going up even more as it generally does when there is all the world strife, as it sadly is right now.
So, if you are contemplating getting rid of some gold, ASK Q's, and compare (atleast to USGB) and no i have NO connection at ALL to usgb...they just seem to be paying the most :) and I learned about them here on the dis..:thumbsup2
Enjoy your weekend!

Found this on their website:

Promotions
Qualifications for Promotional Code 3477
- First time customers only
- Minimum of one (1) ozt. of fine gold
- Not to be combined with any other offer(s)
- Must state promotional code on the included "Method of Payment Form"

Understanding the impact of Sandy on the New York community, I wanted to share my experience with US Gold Buyers with the DisBoard community.

I completed their online form on 24-Oct, received PDF instructions on shipping my gold to them, and received a follow-up phone call the same day confirming I received the instructions. Since my gold was less than one ounce in total weight, I followed the directions on their PDF and shipped it via USPS on 27-Oct at my expense using my own packaging. Today I checked the USPS website for delivery confirmation and was surprised and disappointed to see that US Gold Buyers refused delivery of my shipment yesterday, 2-Nov. The items are now en route back to me. I understand if the postal service experienced delays in delivery due to the storm but there is nothing on US Gold Buyer's website stating that they are not accepting items, their 1-800 phone number has an automated message referring callers to their local phone number to which nobody answered when I called. Since their representative called me on 24-Oct to confirm I received the PDF instructions, a proactive follow-up call should have been made if they were planning on suspending accepting items due to impact of the storm. This was my first experience with US Gold Buyers and, based on this poor experience, I will not be doing business with them again.

There could have been no place to deliver it to, or no open business to accept it for many reasons. The impact of Sandy on NYC has been devastating. Flooding, deaths, no place to live, no power (to access internet) no internet access even if there was power, no phone service, and, very poor cell phone service. In understanding the impact of Sandy, if it were me, I would cut NYGB a little slack here. They are a reputable, good company to deal with. Considering what people have lost, the postage for a small package is very little. JMHO

JoAnn

Understanding the impact of Sandy on the New York community, I wanted to share my experience with US Gold Buyers with the DisBoard community.

I completed their online form on 24-Oct, received PDF instructions on shipping my gold to them, and received a follow-up phone call the same day confirming I received the instructions. Since my gold was less than one ounce in total weight, I followed the directions on their PDF and shipped it via USPS on 27-Oct at my expense using my own packaging. Today I checked the USPS website for delivery confirmation and was surprised and disappointed to see that US Gold Buyers refused delivery of my shipment yesterday, 2-Nov. The items are now en route back to me. I understand if the postal service experienced delays in delivery due to the storm but there is nothing on US Gold Buyer's website stating that they are not accepting items, their 1-800 phone number has an automated message referring callers to their local phone number to which nobody answered when I called. Since their representative called me on 24-Oct to confirm I received the PDF instructions, a proactive follow-up call should have been made if they were planning on suspending accepting items due to impact of the storm. This was my first experience with US Gold Buyers and, based on this poor experience, I will not be doing business with them again.
Seriously... are we being punk'd here? Someone is upset that a company in NYC isn't "business as usual" in the wake of all the devastation of the hurricane? Wow, just wow. SMH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter