Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone here can help me with this. My mother,son and I will be going to wdw in November with the hopes of getting an adr for the dessert party on 11/10. My sis and her husband will be there the week before us and want to surprise my mom by showing up at the dessert party to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday. How can I surprise her if I make the ress for five people? I don't want her to know my sister will be there. Should I make two separate ress and is there anyway of letting someone know if we can have our tables near each other or make it for five people but let someone know to not mention the other two people on the ress. Do all people on the ress need to show up at the same time? Or can they come in a little later?

If it were me I would just plan on your sister and her husband surprising your Mom in the checkin area beforehand. The process of gaining entrance is not run very efficiently IMO and I think it would be much easier to do it that way then checkin together, get your wristbands and be lead to your table all together.

Lots of dates now highlighted in October but still no availability. I'll be so glad when I have this booked LOL

Lots of dates now highlighted in October but still no availability. I'll be so glad when I have this booked LOL

I felt the same way about September. When I clicked on it one final time before work last Monday; I almost couldn't type in the info necessary. I was completely trembling.. Lol
Good Luck and I hope it opens soon!

would anyone be able to check if the dates of 21st or 28th oct are highlighted.

I am in the UK and cant get access to the page - even through tunnelbear.

Thank you

would anyone be able to check if the dates of 21st or 28th oct are highlighted.

I am in the UK and cant get access to the page - even through tunnelbear.

Thank you

Both dates are currently highlighted I would expect bookings should open up towards the very end of July- first week in August

As neither of those dates 21 & 28 are MNSSHP dates when October opens for booking the Dessert Party should be open on both those nights.

What is or isn't highlighted before they actually open up the bookings seems to have no baring on the actual party dates as the calendar tends to fluctuate quite a bit beforehand.

The site has been rather quirky lately

When I follow that link (and many others) I get :

Page Not Found- 404 Error

The page you requested could not be found.

?

What I do is put "Tomorrowland terrace dessert party" into the MAIN search box of the disney website and then it pops up. Don't do this from the search for restaurants box in the reservations section. Hope that helps!!

Unfortunately, that link only works if you have an American IP address. For us Canadians, we have to call in to make reservations for the dessert party. I really hope they get that fixed soon! Until then keep watching this thread so you know when they open. :)

Not having any luck getting in either :sad1: Get the 404 error with the link and a 500 error by manually finding it through dining.
And the TunnelBear thing doesn't seem to like me either (I'll be developing a complex soon!)

I cannot believe it! I actually got a reservation for 8:15 on 9/26! There was one briefly on 9/23 but I was shocked and messed up but then looked at the 26th. I am shocked! We have always wanted to do this and never got one before! :dance3:

Now if I could get a 8am Crystal Palace ressie my world would be perfect! :cool1:

That sucks - I'm Canadian and get the same error message. I fine with me obsessively stalking the site for when my dates open up but not so fine with having to keep calling :(

Would that be why I also can't see any dining reservations I've already made?

One quick question - do you get tickets or do they just have the ressie when you go?

For the dessert party? We've never had tickets -- just gave our name at checkin and they showed us to our reserved table (with a cute little placecard on it).

That sucks - I'm Canadian and get the same error message. I fine with me obsessively stalking the site for when my dates open up but not so fine with having to keep calling :(

Would that be why I also can't see any dining reservations I've already made?

I don't think you need to keep calling .... there are so many wonderful people on this thread that someone will post just as soon as booking opens! I've been using this thread for 5 different trips and it has never failed me! :thumbsup2

And a special thanks to my friend Sheila for keeping this helpful thread going!!! :wave2:

I don't think you need to keep calling .... there are so many wonderful people on this thread that someone will post just as soon as booking opens! I've been using this thread for 5 different trips and it has never failed me! :thumbsup2

And a special thanks to my friend Sheila for keeping this helpful thread going!!! :wave2:

Ditto all this!! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

:wave: Linda

dizzyr

Honestly calling every day before you see it posted that the party is booking can be of no use as many times the CM's will say it is not open even when It actually is

Thanks everyone I'll just count on you guys to stalk for me!

My other question was about seeing the dining reservations - I can book them but when I log in and try and pull them up it says unable to display reservations at this time - is that for everyone or is that another non US issue? I know I have a few double bookings since I changed some dates around but I'd like to be able to see everything together before I cancel anything just so I make sure I'm canceling the right ones.

Thanks everyone I'll just count on you guys to stalk for me!

My other question was about seeing the dining reservations - I can book them but when I log in and try and pull them up it says unable to display reservations at this time - is that for everyone or is that another non US issue? I know I have a few double bookings since I changed some dates around but I'd like to be able to see everything together before I cancel anything just so I make sure I'm canceling the right ones.

I had been having problems with my reservations showing up but I just checked and everything was there. :confused3

Question - if you follow the link or search for the DP using an iPad or iPhone does it work?
(Would try myself but not got one on me this second!)
Thought maybe this wouldn't divert or error the same way a PC does?

Just wondering if this might work for us non-US-ers that are having problems when trying to access the reservations area, presumably currently via a PC...

Would love a fool proof solution so I'm able to book online for October when the time comes :thumbsup2

sjs314 said:
Your best bet is to search online for a party 3 then book 2 Adults and 1 child under 3 (no charge) either show up with just 2 or cancel the phantom child beforehand

Tables for a party of 2 are very limited and book up very fast

Good Luck!

Thank you so much! This worked for me! I would never have thought to try it this way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter