Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be making the bookings for us and our friends. Should I try to book for 8 or Make two reservations for 4. Does anyone know if larger groups are always seated toward the back? Would we be more likely to get reservations for 4 than 8? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Any word on Octobers dates just yet

You will see it posted here soon after it opens. I would not expect to see it open until 7/28-8/3 of course anything is possible. Disney loves to keep us guessing.

Past dates this year can be found on page 1 and the link on page 1 to the previous thread will take you to the dates in 2010 and 2011

Any guesses or rumors when October 28th might open up? I missed out on reservations for BOG and I refuse to miss out on the desserts party!:sad:

How difficult is it to get the Dessert Party? My 180 days opens up on Monday, and with planning 2 evenings at MK, I would like to do BOG (fingers crossed) for dinner one of those and the dessert party the other. I realize January reservations will not open for the dessert party until mid-October, I just need help with a strategy for these 2 "wishes" for Monday. Will it be more difficult to secure BOG or the party on a crowd level 8 day (MLK weekend) on Sun, Jan 19? Im sure we would really appreciate the seating when it's an 8 crowd level, but many more will be vying for that reservation the day of release. Later in the week when I will schedule the other, Fri, Jan 24, it's a crowd level of 3. I was thinking of trying for BOG later in the week, actually at the 180+8 day so that few people have had the chance to get it, but that worries me about getting the dessert party since I will be teaching in October and might not find out about the reservations opening until 5 pm that day. I know I could try to make BOG for both evenings and release one after I (hopefully) get the dessert party in October, but I hate to be a BOG-hog, even though I would cancel one right away.

Does anyone have thought one way or the other?

How difficult is it to get the Dessert Party? My 180 days opens up on Monday, and with planning 2 evenings at MK, I would like to do BOG (fingers crossed) for dinner one of those and the dessert party the other. I realize January reservations will not open for the dessert party until mid-October, I just need help with a strategy for these 2 "wishes" for Monday. Will it be more difficult to secure BOG or the party on a crowd level 8 day (MLK weekend) on Sun, Jan 19? Im sure we would really appreciate the seating when it's an 8 crowd level, but many more will be vying for that reservation the day of release. Later in the week when I will schedule the other, Fri, Jan 24, it's a crowd level of 3. I was thinking of trying for BOG later in the week, actually at the 180+8 day so that few people have had the chance to get it, but that worries me about getting the dessert party since I will be teaching in October and might not find out about the reservations opening until 5 pm that day. I know I could try to make BOG for both evenings and release one after I (hopefully) get the dessert party in October, but I hate to be a BOG-hog, even though I would cancel one right away.

Does anyone have thought one way or the other?

Right now BOG is the hardest ADR to book,just about impossible at day 180. Your chances increase the further out you can try for. You should have no trouble with 180+8.

If you subscribe to this tread you should have no problem getting the Dessert Party for any night you choose

Right now BOG is the hardest ADR to book,just about impossible at day 180. Your chances increase the further out you can try for. You should have no trouble with 180+8.

If you subscribe to this tread you should have no problem getting the Dessert Party for any night you choose

I've seen people say 180+10 and now 180+8 - what does that mean?

180+10 is how many days you have before your trip to make your ADR's if you are staying at a disney resort. If you are staying off site you have 180 days to make your ADR's, so by staying onsite you get an extra 10 days.

Hope this helps.

180+10 is how many days you have before your trip to make your ADR's if you are staying at a disney resort. If you are staying off site you have 180 days to make your ADR's, so by staying onsite you get an extra 10 days.

Hope this helps.

Ok thanks that makes sense. We just decided a week or two ago that we are going and we're 120 days away so staying on site didn't help us :(

Thanks for the reassurance!

It just means I will be making a dining reservation for the 8th day of our trip on the 180th day from the day we arrive, so 188 days from the reservation date I want, which can only be done with an onsite reservation.

Usually The Dessert Party opens up for booking around or close to 60 Days out from the start of any given month. It varies, there s no rhyme or reason.

Best advice is November will open up between the last week in August-first week in September based on past dates the Party was made available to book.

Thank you!

Thanks to this board I was able to book Wishes for our September trip. It's our first time so I can't wait. I think I'm more excited than the girls.
Wooohoooo!!!

Thanks to this board I was able to book Wishes for our September trip. It's our first time so I can't wait. I think I'm more excited than the girls.
Wooohoooo!!!

Your going to love it! :thumbsup2

Hope this helps.

Does this hold for the DP? Or is it the same for everyone with this event?

Does this hold for the DP? Or is it the same for everyone with this event?

The entire month opens up at the same time usually, there have been a few exceptions if you check the past opening dates but since the DP only opens around 60 days out 180 or 180+10 doen' apply to the Dessert Party nor does staying onsite or offsite :)

Just to clarify the 180 + 10....it can be a little confusing.

If you are staying OFF SITE (i.e. NOT at a Disney owned hotel), then 180 days before you want a reservation, you can call or go online and make your reservation. For example...today is July 21....if you want a reservation for January 17, 2014, today is your 180 day mark (go here to plug in your date and know when 180 day mark). Tomorrow, you can come back and make a reservation for January 18....and so on.

If you are staying ON site at a Disney hotel, then just like those staying off site, today, July 21 you can make a reservation for January 17......HOWEVER, the "+10" advantage for those staying on site, is that you can ALSO make a reservation for January 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 26. That's the +10.

So you still can't start until your 180 day mark....but you can make 10 days worth of reservations all at once, so in essence you get in before those staying off site, because they have to wait and come back tomorrow and the next day and next day, etc.

I only post this because I see a lot of people saying it's 190 days, but that's not quite right. Hope this helps clarify it for those that are confused.

Oh...and to answer someone else's question.....it doesn't matter if you're on the dining plan or not.....it's based on whether you are staying at a Disney owned hotel or not.

Just to clarify the 180 + 10....it can be a little confusing.

If you are staying OFF SITE (i.e. NOT at a Disney owned hotel), then 180 days before you want a reservation, you can call or go online and make your reservation. For example...today is July 21....if you want a reservation for January 17, 2014, today is your 180 day mark (go here to plug in your date and know when 180 day mark). Tomorrow, you can come back and make a reservation for January 18....and so on.

If you are staying ON site at a Disney hotel, then just like those staying off site, today, July 21 you can make a reservation for January 17......HOWEVER, the "+10" advantage for those staying on site, is that you can ALSO make a reservation for January 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 26. That's the +10.

So you still can't start until your 180 day mark....but you can make 10 days worth of reservations all at once, so in essence you get in before those staying off site, because they have to wait and come back tomorrow and the next day and next day, etc.

I only post this because I see a lot of people saying it's 190 days, but that's not quite right. Hope this helps clarify it for those that are confused.

Oh...and to answer someone else's question.....it doesn't matter if you're on the dining plan or not.....it's based on whether you are staying at a Disney owned hotel or not.

It's 180 days from your day of arrival to your hotel reservation, then an additional 10 days. So I can technically make a reservation at 190 days... 180 + 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter